Sponsored

FHP Dodge Challenger spotted in Miami on Turnpike

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
a friend of mine sent me a picture of a burgundy mustang gt in miami pulling over a car.... to me, that shit it should be illegal... police vehicles should be marked 100%, unmarked cars only for investigation purposes. Not traffic stops...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I agree they should be visible and act as a deterrent. You know remind you that they are there. Not to hide and or provoke people into speeding. All the more reason to keep a dash cam set up or pro go set up . I know on the howard franklin bridge there is a i believe red challenger and and a black camaro that will attempt to bait people into a race.

Metal Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (CFTP), others
I agree they should be visible and act as a deterrent. You know remind you that they are there. Not to hide and or provoke people into speeding. All the more reason to keep a dash cam set up or pro go set up . I know on the howard franklin bridge there is a i believe red challenger and and a black camaro that will attempt to bait people into a race.
That's a great head ups- I m on the Howard Franklin daily.

Sponsored

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Performance & Handling Packages
a friend of mine sent me a picture of a burgundy mustang gt in miami pulling over a car.... to me, that shit it should be illegal... police vehicles should be marked 100%, unmarked cars only for investigation purposes. Not traffic stops...
Entrapment like a muffukkah.

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
We have some patrol cars in my area that are all white and have the full police decal package that is also all white and semi-reflective, so at a glance or from more than 20 feet away it just looks like a white sedan. The claim these are not unmarked cars 😂

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Well I guess I won't be on the look out for this white FHP GT in Pinellas County for a while...

Distracted driving led to multi-car crash involving trooper on Gandy Bridge, officials say
https://www.fox13news.com/news/dist...ing-trooper-on-gandy-bridge-officials-say.amp

gandy-ax-2.jpg
I know. Old post!!!

But, when I lived in St. Pete’s 25 years ago Gandy bridge was the mecca for street racing. Block off the bridge on St Pete’s side and line em up. Distance was marked. Concrete to launch from. Only people at risk were the drivers and if some goof ball was at the finish. Lots of nice cars came out. Trailers etc. Park in the parking lot before the bridge and “discuss” things lol.

Still happening?

The top of 4th street where 275 exits was also a spot. Mostly rice there though back then.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I have no problem with unmarked police cars. The police in Florida give quite a bit of grace, actually. As do other states I've learned. Yes, some only give 5 mph grace but in EU you can expect a nice ticket for 2kph (1.25mph) over the speed limit. My son can attest to that.

As an earlier poster stated, Howard Franklin Bridge in Tampa/St Petersburg has become dangerous. I've witnessed folks racing at well over 120. And those idiots don't care that they are endangering innocent drivers, much less themselves, and our insurance rates.

I recall coming back from a track day once, getting passed by a motorcycle going AT LEAST 150 on the interstate. He's the type of person who would complain about "cagers". Whether day or night, any normal person making a lane change when looking way back seeing the guy so far back would be unable to perceive the idiotic speed differential. And as good as a sport bike stops, he'd have been scattered guts.

So as a current running thread states...You are a Fool if you Street Race. Get your need for speed fix satisfied on the track. It is cheaper than a 15 to 20-over ticket, everyone is going the same way, you can push as hard as you dare, and they move immovable objects away from the track, unlike telephone poles, parked cars....and etc along our roads.

SO THANK YOU to the police that are gracious in giving a buffer, but also THANK YOU for pulling over people who haven't figured what the mass between their ears is for.

One thing I noticed over 5 decades of driving. You'll get a ticket quicker by not paying attention than anything. People who don't have an awareness for potential police (marked or unmarked) are probably ones who are going to get pulled over. They generally aren't paying attention for pedestrians, other drivers, loose animals, etc. either. They also will be prone to fault others and even swell up with road rage when a person makes a lane change, requiring them to slow down from their 20-30 over the limit speed.

If anyone feels uncomfortable with what I've stated, there's a chance you may be contributing to the problems. Contributing to our high insurance rates as well.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I hear you about the idiotic speeders. It’s the same here in Ontario. Honestly though, it’s not so much about the guy speeding, it’s the a-holes that weave in and out of traffic and change lanes because the other lane has an “opening”.

Not going to profess I’m an angel, but there’s a smart and a stupid way of driving and “racing” on the street. Yes, it’s all illegal and wrong. But the guys and gals doing it on crowded roads and intersections where the risk of hurting someone else is great is the stupid way. 2 people on a deserted road with no cross streets in the middle of nowhere and visibility for miles and the only people at risk is the drivers is much less risky. Still wrong but I innocents at risk.

Just an opinion.

YMMV.

Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I hear you about the idiotic speeders. It’s the same here in Ontario. Honestly though, it’s not so much about the guy speeding, it’s the a-holes that weave in and out of traffic and change lanes because the other lane has an “opening”.

Not going to profess I’m an angel, but there’s a smart and a stupid way of driving and “racing” on the street. Yes, it’s all illegal and wrong. But the guys and gals doing it on crowded roads and intersections where the risk of hurting someone else is great is the stupid way. 2 people on a deserted road with no cross streets in the middle of nowhere and visibility for miles and the only people at risk is the drivers is much less risky. Still wrong but I innocents at risk.

Just an opinion.

YMMV.
I hear you. I've been no angel in my lifetime either. There have been warning signs that got my attention...we see warning signs every day. I've said many times over the years, "One of the greatest blessings in life is seeing what others have done and learning from their mistakes so we don't have to suffer the same consequences."