Sponsored

FFTEC EcoPro Intercooler Group-Buy!! Save up to 28% off MSRP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
If you’ve been looking for the perfect intercooler upgrade for your Mustang EB, browse no more!

We’ve elected to host a group buy, offering huge savings the Mustang Ecoboost community!

An intercooler is the best upgrade you can make to your Mustang EB! After extensive testing on our Mustang EB, we found heat-soak and high charge air temperatures prevented consistent power results. For more information please see our full dataset here.

This upgrade keeps power delivery consistent by allowing optimum timing models to be maintained while driving or racing. Charge air temperatures with the stock intercooler can exceed 200°F during one 1/4 mile pass alone! The factory intercooler cannot release its heat quickly (what is known as heat-soak) resulting in poor subsequent performance and power.

What is included?
  • 1x FFTEC EcoPro intercooler
  • 1x 2.75” Throttle Body Charge Pipe
  • 1x 2.5” Intercooler Inlet Pipe
  • All intercooler couplers, and clamps
  • All installation hardware
Our EcoPro Intercooler features:
  • High-efficiency Garrett Intercooler Core
  • Core size: 12”h x 18”l x 3”w
  • Number of Rows = 14
  • Row size = .435”h x 18”l x 3”w
  • All aluminum Bar and Plate construction
  • Cast aluminum end tanks
  • Fully TIG welded (by FFTEC)
  • Pressure drop @ ~24 PSI is ~0 to 1.6 PSI
EcoPro Intercooler Dataset:
  • EcoPro core volume: 328.86 CI total core volume
  • Each row is 23.49 CI (row volume)
Pricing:
MSRP - $899.99

Tier Groups:
Introductory Price — $729.99
Tier1 — $689.99
Tier2 — $649.99

GROUP-BUY PRICE AS OF 1/22/2015 IS: $729.99

Group-buy ends: February 20th, 2015
Units will begin shipping: February 25th, 2015

Flat rate shipping and handling charge are as follows:
Western US - $45
Central US (Ohio) to the Rockies - $55
Eastern US - $65

We’ve opted to enact a tiered group-buy, whereas the more buyers committed to the purchase the greater the discount.

So how does this work?
Initially, everyone purchases this intercooler at introductory pricing. To get the next price reduction (Tier 1) a total of 14 confirmed purchasers need to be achieved. Tier 2 requires that 35 confirmed purchasers have committed to the purchase with their deposit submission.

Who is eligible for this group buy?
Anyone that wants to make a purchase is eligible for this group-buy! Owners of the chassis and non-owners alike! Don’t forget, intercoolers make great gifts! Take liberties to spread the word and let members on other forums and car clubs know about this exciting offer!

How do I become a confirmed/committed purchaser?
To be classified as a confirmed and committed purchaser you must pay a non refundable deposit up front. The deposit amount is $449; for payment options please see “I’d like to become a confirmed purchaser in this group-buy, what do I do?” below. This deposit amount gives us the ability to maintain and honor our group-buy pricing structure, without fear of other committed buyers withdrawing their interest. Should a withdraw happen, the group buy price would revert even after a price reduction requirement was met; and we’d like to eliminate that variable.

How long after the group-buy closes must I remit final payment?
Final payment after the group-buy closes is due before your unit ships. We will again send a payment request via Paypal outlining the final balance due including shipping charges. The finbalance will be the difference between your deposit and the final group buy price being honored, plus shipping charges (i.e., final group-buy price of 649.99 - 459 (deposit) = 190.99 + ’45 (shipping)’ = 235.99 balance due.).

I’d like to become a confirmed purchaser in this group-buy, what do I do?
If you would like to be a part of this group-buy please PM me or email [COLOR="Red"][B][U][email protected][/U][/B][/COLOR] with the subject line: “Mustang EcoBoost Intercooler Group-Buy Purchaser"

In the message/email body please include:
  • Full Name
  • Address
  • City, State, Zip
  • Forum Affiliation (if applicable)
  • Username (if applicable)
  • Your Paypal Email Address
After receipt of your intent message/email, a Paypal money request will be sent to you outlining the above terms and conditions. We feel this is the best transaction practice to ensure your funds are transferred safely and securely. This transaction method protects both you as our client, and us as a vendor, from fraud.

When will my intercooler ship?
Intercooler systems will begin shipping February 25, 2015. Shipping order is based on your position in the group-buy list; first come, first serve. As units begin to ship, the list below will be updated to help you gauge shipment of your item. All shipments will have tracking numbers sent to its respective purchaser.

Keep in mind that items related to this purchase include: Cold Air Induction systems, chargepipe system, BOV options, tuners such as COBB Accessport, and more! We'd love the opportunity to be your one-stop shopping outlet!

Introductory Price
1. Barret72 (confirmed)
2.Two3Ecostang (confirmed)
Tier 1 Achieved —14.
Tier 2 Achieved — 35.

Also follow the group-buy at: http://www.fftec.com/article/179/FFTEC_EcoPro_Intercooler_GroupBuy.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Sorry! No Canada shipping? Thanks.

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
3 questions:

1) is the charge pipe a full charge pipe connecting the IC outlet to the throttle body?
2) same for inlet pipe, does it connect turbo to IC?
3) what irreversible modification (cutting, trimming, drilling, etc.) is involved?

Thanks

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
3 questions:

3) what irreversible modification (cutting, trimming, drilling, etc.) is involved?

Thanks
The first two I'd like to know, but especially this. ^^^

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anthony@FFtec

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
3 questions:

1) is the charge pipe a full charge pipe connecting the IC outlet to the throttle body?
2) same for inlet pipe, does it connect turbo to IC?

Thanks
1) This is a charge pipe kit which connects intercooler outlet directly to the throttle body. The intercooler inlet is a short intermediate section of tube which connects to the factory Turbo Outlet piping.
2) If you are interested in a replacement turbo outlet pipe please shoot and email over to [email protected] to discuss options.
3) Irreversible modification is a minor trimming of the plastic air dam on the driverside lower portion (a 2"x1" rectangle.), and removal of the lower section of grill shutters.

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Happy Friday Everyone!

Thank you for all the inquiries and PMS, we'll respond as quickly as possible.

Thanks Barrett72 for the order!

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Man I hate not having money right now to get in on this.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I'm actually really tempted to pick up this + the FFTEC CAI & charge pipes.. not sure if I need the garrett core though lol

Sponsored

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Thanks for the calls and inquiries! All PMS and emails replied!

Two3Ecostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Do you guys have both intercoolers in stock for me to compare before deciding on the private label core and the Garrett core ? I would love to stop by and take a look at the facility.

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Do you guys have both intercoolers in stock for me to compare before deciding on the private label core and the Garrett core ? I would love to stop by and take a look at the facility.
Feel free to stop by anytime for a tour! I'd be happy to show you the differences between the two!

Feel free to PM me or give us a call if you would like to schedule a time.

Two3Ecostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
So here's a quick review on my first impressions of dealing with fftec.

I have been exchanging emails with mike back and forth about which core would suit me best, he gave me some great input but I still wanted to see the differences in person for myself. First dilemma I had was that my work schedule conflicts with their regular business hours. Wasn't a problem, mike had agreed to meet me at the shop on a Saturday afternoon off hours. We chit chatted for a bit before he showed me both intercoolers for me to decide. After I saw the difference in quality my mind was set on the Garrett core. After we were done he gave me a tour around the shop, which was cool since most shops don't allow customers in the work areas. They had tons of goodies inside their shop, a huge single turbo wide body bmw, a couple older porsche 911s, a hand full of built nissan GTRs, a bunch of evolutions and a road race 1st gen viper on the dyno. Left feeling like a kid who just left the candy store. Couldn't be happier with my decision. Now I'm stuck on the waiting game for this group buy to end. If any other board members are local you should definitely pay them a visit. Their shop was nothing I expected it to be.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.