SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
@GT350Brakes.com Hey Tony, how would you compare the 2018 GT PP OEM pads (or the Ferodo DS2500) to the Hawk HPS 5.0? What about their StreetRace pads?

OP
OP
GT350Brakes.com

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
@GT350Brakes.com Hey Tony, how would you compare the 2018 GT PP OEM pads (or the Ferodo DS2500) to the Hawk HPS 5.0? What about their StreetRace pads?
I think they are superior. I’ve spent 10s of thousands on pads. They just do their thing and do it well.

I reccomend all GT PP owners and Gt350 owners to save the oem pads for the street and pick up DSUNO or ds1.11 for the front and rear. This way you will be able to switch back and forth without rebedding and such.

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are superior. I’ve spent 10s of thousands on pads. They just do their thing and do it well.

I reccomend all GT PP owners and Gt350 owners to save the oem pads for the street and pick up DSUNO or ds1.11 for the front and rear. This way you will be able to switch back and forth without rebedding and such.
Very good to know, thanks for the tip! My problem with the stock PP pads is I keep getting brake deposits on my rotors...or at least that is what I suspect. Happens after track days, the brakes get loud and I can feel more friction in the brake pedal. Almost feels like vibration, similar to what people describe as warped rotors, but I don't think it's that. It's more noise than vibration. Sounds like louder grinding of the pads on the rotors. I hope it's just deposits. Last time I went out and did ten 60-0mph hard stops, and it felt like this helped remove most of the deposits.

I believe the stock PP pads are Ferodo...do you think this is common for Ferodo pads?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GT350Brakes.com

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
Very good to know, thanks for the tip! My problem with the stock PP pads is I keep getting brake deposits on my rotors...or at least that is what I suspect. Happens after track days, the brakes get loud and I can feel more friction in the brake pedal. Almost feels like vibration, similar to what people describe as warped rotors, but I don't think it's that. It's more noise than vibration. Sounds like louder grinding of the pads on the rotors. I hope it's just deposits. Last time I went out and did ten 60-0mph hard stops, and it felt like this helped remove most of the deposits.

I believe the stock PP pads are Ferodo...do you think this is common for Ferodo pads?
The issue is overheating the pads. Every pad has a heat range where it will Work to to its fullest potential. Too cold and it won’t bite, too hot and it will melt.

In your case, you are over working your pads. In heavy braking zones your pads are melting. After they melt it leaves deposits of pad material on the disc.

Pads are never a one size fits all and there will always be a compromise. I highly reccomend getting DSUNO or ds1.11 pads and doing a light sand on your discs to remove the build up.

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
The issue is overheating the pads. Every pad has a heat range where it will Work to to its fullest potential. Too cold and it won’t bite, too hot and it will melt.

In your case, you are over working your pads. In heavy braking zones your pads are melting. After they melt it leaves deposits of pad material on the disc.

Pads are never a one size fits all and there will always be a compromise. I highly reccomend getting DSUNO or ds1.11 pads and doing a light sand on your discs to remove the build up.
Great thanks. Can either of the DSUNO or ds1.11 be used on the street as well?

I’m assuming the best place to buy these is GT350brakes.com? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.