Not open for further replies.

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP

We have Ferodo street and race pads in stock and ready to ship for you 15+ GT350 and 15+ GT PP.

Ferodo is a top name in the racing world and supplies many car manufacturers with oem pads. Each compound has their benefits but our biggest one is that you can swap between each pad without re bedding.

Please follow the link to our website and be sure to enter M6G for a special forum member discount.
CLICK HERE

DS2500

Although we always recommend using a dedicated race pad for the track, the DS2500 is one of the best hybrid street/track pads on the market. It features the moderately high bite and solid fade resistance of a track pad, with the relatively low dust and noise levels of a street pad. When used as a street pad, it can produce some squeal on certain vehicle platforms. During aggressive driving the DS2500 is known for its flat torque curve, which means as temperatures go up, the response through the brake pedal remains consistent. If you drive aggressively on the street, do some canyon runs, autoX, and maybe some light track duty on street tires, the DS2500 is tough to beat.

When used on high HP, heavier cars (2,800 lbs+) on the track with race tires, pad wear rates tend to be higher than on Ferodo Racing's other pad compounds. Under those conditions, Essex would recommend the Ferodo DS1.11 or DSUNO.

DS1.11
The DS1.11 is one of Ferodo Racing's latest endurance race pad offerings. It has slightly less bite at high temps. vs their older DS3000, but doesn't decompose nearly as quickly under extended heavy use on the track. The DS1.11 is known for its extremely flat torque curve, which means that as temperatures go up, the response through the brake pedal remains consistent. The DS1.11 can be thrashed all day without having it burn up or fade, it's easy on discs, and doesn't have many of the judder or vibration issues that competing products have. If you want an extremely solid, all around race pad that will perform well and last a long time, the DS1.11 is the perfect choice.

DSUNO
Ferodo Racing has made great strides in pad development over the past few years, and DSUNO is their latest offering. For our customers who enjoy the performance of the DS1.11, but just want a little more bite, we recommend the DSUNO. It doesn't wear quite as long as the DS1.11, but it does offer a higher overall mu once it reaches track temperatures.

If I can answer any questions please feel free to pm me or reply below!
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do they make anything with a little less bite than the OEM Brembo pads?

OP
OP
GT350Brakes.com

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
Do they make anything with a little less bite than the OEM Brembo pads?
At this time the most street like pad is a DS2500 which is very similar to the oem GT PP pad.

They also only make pad shapes for the GT Pp and the GT350.

I'd go to a local auto parts store or online if you wanted something quieter and with less dust. You'd want a full ceramic pad, there are Wagner pads that also do well with less bite.

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
So no Ferodo pads for non-performance GT Prem?

Sponsored

Ghost.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL1
That sucks. Did you have a second choice. I'm researching G-Loc now getting ready for my first track event.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be picking some up for my GT in a bit here.

How bad is the squeaking with the DS2500?

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
So are these similar to the stock pp pads in bite but with a bit less dust and a bit less squeal. I love the bite of the stock pads but hate the noise and dust.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GT350Brakes.com

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
So are these similar to the stock pp pads in bite but with a bit less dust and a bit less squeal. I love the bite of the stock pads but hate the noise and dust.
The DS2500 are very similar to oem.

The DSUNO and DS1.11 are a race only pad.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have GLOC 12/10 for the track. They're pretty new, so not looking to replace them just yet.

What compound type are the Ferodo DS2500? Are they compatible with the GLOC (ceramic) for swapping them back and forth?

I've been swapping with the stock pads and the GLocs, which I know isn't recommended due to the pad compounds. With a decent bedding period and some hot-braking to deposit material before running them hard at the track, I haven't really noticed any issues, but IDK.

OP
OP
GT350Brakes.com

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
I currently have GLOC 12/10 for the track. They're pretty new, so not looking to replace them just yet.

What compound type are the Ferodo DS2500? Are they compatible with the GLOC (ceramic) for swapping them back and forth?

I've been swapping with the stock pads and the GLocs, which I know isn't recommended due to the pad compounds. With a decent bedding period and some hot-braking to deposit material before running them hard at the track, I haven't really noticed any issues, but IDK.
The ds2500 is a street pad.

You can swap between the oem or ds2500 with a DSUNO or DS1.11 without any addtional bedding.

This is common for all pads typically as far as not being compatible with other brands.

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
So the GT350 and the GT PP use the same front pads, correct?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.