Regit

2017 Ford GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (White/Blue Stripes)
Anybody have this happen... Driving car home, Normal air and oil temp, Sport-mode, normal acceleration into 2nd gear until I hit 4000K, then I mash it... NOTHING, just fell on her face, actually decelerated, freaking weird. I've tried for 2 weeks to get it to happen again and it never has. I thought maybe bad gas, I only get my fuel from one Mobile station and only use 94 (so I doubt it). Then I thought traction control, but it was immediate and you could tell she wasn't even trying to get power down, and since I've been trying to get it to happen again, I've felt TC kick in, nothing like what happen earlier. Car has 3500 miles and hasn't used a drop of oil. I'm not concerned at all, but thought it was interesting and wondered if its happened to anyone else.
Sponsored

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Did you try it again within a couple of minutes of that happening?

OP
OP
Regit

Regit

2017 Ford GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Did you try it again within a couple of minutes of that happening?
I did, but I rolled the power on smoother the 2nd time, just to make sure if there was something wrong I didn't blow anything up.

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
How many miles have you put on it since the incident? Also I am wondering if it was a fuel pump hiccup possibly.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
That really sounds like a TC malfunction. But when I had mine it put the car in limp mode then I shut it down and I had to restart it so maybe not. But other than that it did the exact same thing.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree traction control kicking in is the most likely explanation, but who knows why.

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I agree traction control kicking in is the most likely explanation, but who knows why.
He said it was immediate as if it didn't even have the power to spin the wheels so that is why I mentioned the fuel pump as that is what can happen if it acts up. Just my 2 cents.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Had something similar happen, but it was a couple weeks back so I don't remember it perfectly. I know for a fact that I was in 2nd and was quickly rolling into power, not mashing. Don't know exact RPM but it was mid range. I also don't remember the driving mode. However, I distinctly remember the feeling. It was like hitting a wall. Lost a couple mph and exhaust noise cut temporarily. Afterwards, it was like nothing happened. I didn't get any warning lights, and it's been perfect since.

Car info:
~2k miles with no noted oil consumption
- early 17 MY with old style filter
- only use 93 from high traffic top tier stations

OP
OP
Regit

Regit

2017 Ford GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
How many miles have you put on it since the incident? Also I am wondering if it was a fuel pump hiccup possibly.
. I drive it daily, so I've put plenty of miles on it.

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
I had that happen once.. felt like my old Mustang when it fuel starved.. but the motor didn't cut out. almost like backing out of the throttle really quick.

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I've had the same thing happen (more or less), and I'm pretty sure it's traction control kicking in. I wouldn't sweat it.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Sure sounds like a momentary limp mode glitch.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
might be that the first time you did it the cam phasers were set for economy and couldn't catch up to everything else when you floored it.
Sponsored