Sponsored

Feeler for Twin turbo kit based on ford turbos.

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6 MT 2019 F150 STX Ecoboost 2.7
So, I am twin turboing my 15 mustang V6. Using 15 F150 Turbos with upgraded impellers and turbines, fmic 1000cc bosch injectors. Looking to gauge interest in a kit with rebuilt F150 turbos for about 4500 to 5k. Will be a kit you will need dyno tuned to maximize what you already have done with the kit to make the most power. Let me know, thanks

IMG_20210417_182139_056.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So upgraded Super Six kit like @SouthernCyclone? Sounds fun, but if you're going for power and maybe more reliability, Auto Mafia's single turbo kits seem more straightforward. $4300 for the rear mount, $5500 for the top mount (both with DW400 fuel pump and 1000cc injectors).

To be more enticing, I'd say you would want to be closer to the $3k mark on the high end, but then you're probably sacrificing.

OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, Last I saw their kit was about 5900, didn't know they offered a rear mount kit. Ours will be forward mount twins. At 3k there would be no money to be made unless you are using junk parts. With the upgraded turbos you will be at the limit of what the engine can handle before getting a cylinder brace and forged pistons.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Sounds interesting. I am excited to see how the twin turbos work out for you. Great idea. It should be a fun build.

OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Hey thanks for the reply, the kit is still in progress, but we're looking at how far the Ecoboost turbos can be modded. In pure stock form they have only been able to make about 400ish whp on the Cyclones and we are looking to be in the 600 range. So we are looking at all options right now.

Sponsored

PorscheHusky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 1974 260Z
Hey thanks for the reply, the kit is still in progress, but we're looking at how far the Ecoboost turbos can be modded. In pure stock form they have only been able to make about 400ish whp on the Cyclones and we are looking to be in the 600 range. So we are looking at all options right now.
Subbed to this thread. 5K isn't bad for upwards of 600HP with OEM (modded) stuff. Right in Ford GT territory, actually in the way of power output.

My reasons for wanting to go with SuperSix's EcoBoost setup is both for aesthetics and ease of power. Turns out there are aftermarket turbos made for those F150s that will bolt right up and are internally better than the factory units.

So if you come out with a kit, I'd get everything but the turbos since I plan to use aftermarket units so they won't run out of puff.

OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Subbed to this thread. 5K isn't bad for upwards of 600HP with OEM (modded)

My reasons for wanting to go with SuperSix's EcoBoost setup is both for aesthetics and ease of power.
So if you come out with a kit, I'd get everything but the turbos since I plan to use aftermarket units so they won't run out of puff.
Yeah we are looking at that as well ( just not the 2500 dollar garretts), there is an option we are looking at which will make 600 easily, and will have a lot left in them if people want to do some internal engine mods. Hopefully we can still get it out to people at the same price point.

As for aesthetics, our kits will mount the kits forward and pretty much on display.

PorscheHusky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 1974 260Z
Yeah we are looking at that as well ( just not the 2500 dollar garretts), there is an option we are looking at which will make 600 easily, and will have a lot left in them if people want to do some internal engine mods. Hopefully we can still get it out to people at the same price point.

As for aesthetics, our kits will mount the kits forward and pretty much on display.
Hang on...
So you mean, literally forward mount! I thought you meant OE location mounting just like SuperSix's adaptor solution.

You'll absolutely have to keep me/us in the loop. I'm most certainly interested now to see what you work out.

OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Hang on...
So you mean, literally forward mount! I thought you meant OE location mounting just like SuperSix's adaptor solution.

You'll absolutely have to keep me/us in the loop. I'm most certainly interested now to see what you work out.
Yeah, there is already a couple of options for low and out of the way mounted set ups. This will be more for people who want to show off their snails.

PorscheHusky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 1974 260Z
Yeah, there is already a couple of options for low and out of the way mounted set ups. This will be more for people who want to show off their snails.
I have seen the under mount (twins) and rear mount (single) options and both of them make me cringe. I'm lowered on Steeda Linear springs and after seeing those turbos being slightly lower than the car's frame when looked at from the side... That would be one very expensive high-centre oopsie 😬 would rather keep my twins in the safety of the engine bay, where they belong lol

Do you have any progress shots so far or estimated launch date?

Sponsored
OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I have seen the under mount (twins) and rear mount (single) options and both of them make me cringe. I'm lowered on Steeda Linear springs and after seeing those turbos being slightly lower than the car's frame when looked at from the side... That would be one very expensive high-centre oopsie 😬 would rather keep my twins in the safety of the engine bay, where they belong lol

Do you have any progress shots so far or estimated launch date?
No shots yet, have an ETA for launch in March 2022.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if salvage yard ecotech V6 turbo would fit into the Mustang?

PorscheHusky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 1974 260Z
I wonder if salvage yard ecotech V6 turbo would fit into the Mustang?
I've heard of people doing swaps from the 3.7 to the 3.5 since it's whole purpose was boost so it was designed with such provisions. Rumor, as I understand it, says the mounts are different otherwise everything else should bolt up with some minor custom fabs here and there.
I've considered going that route anyway since Ford whored those engines into pretty much everything and can be had for relatively cheaper than buying AND building a 3.7.

OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I forgot about this thread 🤣🤣🤣

The project has stalled as I'm low on funds but mainly because my health has taken a turn.

However I did find out numerous people tried this and about 500hp is the best these turbos will do on a 3.7 since the heads flow extremely well. So I have a set of 53mm mirror image turbos I'll be using. I'm also looking into having block supports made as well as forged pistons, beefed up rods and head/block high strength stud kits.
Sponsored