Midmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 Limited
Hello,

I think I got a fair deal but wanted to run it by you guys. I had talked to this dealer last year about a Mustang and held off. They had sold me my truck and I felt they gave me a good deal. So just wanted to give them at shot at my business.

for 48500 before tax and including all rebates . Sticker price was almost 54000

2020 GT PP1,automatic with magneride,safe package,active exhaust and BO sound.They found it at an out of state dealer. This also includes them doing striping and tinting. This is my first Mustang and I’m looking forward to being here.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Are you looking for all rebates instead of the 0% apr financing?I choose the 0% because if I would have taken all rebates the financing fee would have been way higher. I just picked up a new 2020 Mustang GT Premium with 401A, 10 speed Auto, GT performance package, active exhaust, magne-ride, ford safe and smart, B&O Sound and enhanced security. I got it with the 0% apr for 72 months and I was able to get the OTD at $52k including gap. I didnt give any down. I also got my Mustang from out of town, many local dealers wanted to tax me like crazy for bringing the car down so I bought it from the selling dealer. It was a very good experience.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello,

I think I got a fair deal but wanted to run it by you guys. I had talked to this dealer last year about a Mustang and held off. They had sold me my truck and I felt they gave me a good deal. So just wanted to give them at shot at my business.
2020 GT PP1,automatic with magneride,safe package,active exhaust and BO sound.They found it at an out of state dealer. This also includes them doing striping and tinting. This is my first Mustang and I’m looking forward to being here.
If you think you got a fair deal and you are happy with it, stop. You are going to have a bunch of folks on here telling you that you could have done better. Is that going to make you feel better? Also why ask for this input after you bought the car? Just drive it and enjoy it. Post pictures, tell us how you're going to mod it. Just leave this part of it alone. It will not bring you any happiness :like::)

OP
OP

Midmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 Limited
If you think you got a fair deal and you are happy with it, stop. You are going to have a bunch of folks on here telling you that you could have done better. Is that going to make you feel better? Also why ask for this input after you bought the car? Just drive it and enjoy it. Post pictures, tell us how you're going to mod it. Just leave this part of it alone. It will not bring you any happiness :like::)
Hi,

I just have a deposit down. The paperwork hasn’t been filled out. However, your probably right with your advice.

OP
OP

Midmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 Limited
Are you looking for all rebates instead of the 0% apr financing?I choose the 0% because if I would have taken all rebates the financing fee would have been way higher. I just picked up a new 2020 Mustang GT Premium with 401A, 10 speed Auto, GT performance package, active exhaust, magne-ride, ford safe and smart, B&O Sound and enhanced security. I got it with the 0% apr for 72 months and I was able to get the OTD at $52k including gap. I didnt give any down. I also got my Mustang from out of town, many local dealers wanted to tax me like crazy for bringing the car down so I bought it from the selling dealer. It was a very good experience.

Yes, this is with all the rebates. I’m not financing the car.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi,

I just have a deposit down. The paperwork hasn’t been filled out. However, your probably right with your advice.
OK, you didn't mention that. In that case you're paying to much.......

Just kidding. I'll stand by my original statement.

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
What are the total rebates for this car? $2750? What is the dealer discount? How much is the striping and tinting? You should have that broken down if you have the unsigned paperwork. We could care less about your taxes so don't bring them into the equation.

Last edited:

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
^^^+10^^^:like::like:

AGM2018

Very, very, very wise words! Thanks Bikerman! And Mid'Stang, if you are happy with shiny new "Stang, blessed to afford the payments/insurance/maintenance, GET OUT AND DRIVE HER! Enjoy your shiny new 'Stang! Congratulations on your purchase. I am sure you did just fine! :) :)

AGM2018

Hi,

Mid'Stang,

One fairly good "Rule of Thumb" to use to ascertain if you have negotiated a fair market purchase price on your new car deal, in my opinion, is this formula:

1. 12% discount off the MSRP of a new car. At this point and time, due to the economic circumstances in our beloved nation at this time, negotiating 12% shouldn't be an issue. You can probably get 20% off on a 2019 model and 15% off on a 2020 model.
2. After the XX% discount is negotiated off the MSRP of the car, subtract any rebates and incentives you qualify for from the manufacturer. For example, Military Appreciation, First Responder, College Student, etc.
3. Now, take the price calculated from the first two steps; add your state taxes, state tag/title and license fees and any applicable "stealership" fees. This will most of the time, in my opinion, give you a fair market purchase price for a new car. Of course, there may always be mitigating circumstances on a particular car or with a particular dealer, but this formula has worked well for me on several new car purchases.

I hope this advice may assist you, as well as other. YMMV :) :)

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Hello,

The deal is not bad and I am sure the dealer appreciates your loyalty. Getting a fair deal is relative to what you might pay several other dealers for the same specific car. I chose to use the rule of 3.

It’s simple ..shop 3 dealers for similar car..get all three to give you an out the door price with your options, rebates and taxes. Take the best offer. Bam.. you gotta a good deal.

Now if it were just that simple!

Sometimes dealers play games, demand you come in in person and won’t give you a written price, hide fees and other charges until the deal is almost done. And if you add or have them install aftermarket that just adds the game playing.

I prefer the internet and it’s a good sign if a dealer will negotiate the price before you waste time driving to them.

Based on the sticker price, economic standstill and availability of the Mustang I think you can shave another 2 to 4 k off this deal. I would negotiate the add-one separately as well. Just my opinion.

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Mid'Stang,

1. 12% discount off the MSRP of a new car. At this point and time, due to the economic circumstances in our beloved nation at this time, negotiating 12% shouldn't be an issue. You can probably get 20% off on a 2019 model and 15% off on a 2020 model.
2. After the XX% discount is negotiated off the MSRP of the car, subtract any rebates and incentives you qualify for from the manufacturer. For example, Military Appreciation, First Responder, College Student, etc.
Please pass on any dealer that's giving a 20% discount and then subtracting all the rebates. That would be nearly $15k off combined for a 2019 $50k Premium GT. Don't see anyone doing that.

AGM2018

Please pass on any dealer that's giving a 20% discount and then subtracting all the rebates. That would be nearly $15k off combined for a 2019 $50k Premium GT. Don't see anyone doing that.
On 2019 models, this occurrence isn't really too hard to find. On 2020's, it is more rare and difficult to achieve, but it isn't not unheard of. Large volume dealers, especially at the present time and with the present economic conditions in the car market in our nation, are routinely taking 15-17% off the MSRP AND giving rebates. While a 20% discount off the MSRP may be more rare and difficult to negotiate, it isn't impossible or unheard of. In the Mid-Atlantic region of the nation, a 12% discount AND the rebates is pretty much the standard practice for large volume dealerships...with virtually zero negotiation required. With a little "haggling", most customers can get a dealer to a 15%. or very near it, discount off the car's MSRP.

I grew up in the are you live in...the dealers don't discount their inventory as aggressively (on the average) as the dealerships in the Mid-Atlantic and the upper east coast regions...I have no idea why. I have seen a handful of deals, especially late in the model year and made on "left over models" in the dealership's inventory, in which a buyer successfully negotiated 20% (or actual a little more on rare occasions) off the MSRP and was able to also use rebates. I have seen many deals in which a consumer negotiated at least 15% off the MSRP and was able to use rebates. Perhaps it is a rare occurrence where you live in the DMV but, these kinds of deals do frequently occur in the Mid-Atlantic and upper east coast regions of the nation. YMMV

KoreanKK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KK
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101A automatic
If you want to get 20% or even 25% off of the MSRP (of course this cost does not include tax or tag or doc fee) you have to pick a car that had been sitting on the lot for a year PLUS a lot of rebates from Ford in that specific area. I have 2019 Ecoboost and MSRP was 31000 and I paid 24500 for the car, and OTD about 27k. This was done because I had $750 rebate for 60+ days sitting in the dealership, $1750 cash rebate (from Ford), and discounts from the dealership. I had to finance through them and I did not care about the interest rate because I paid the first two months and paid it off, since there is no penalty. If I had waited two or three months, I could get 3500 rebate and buy it at around 25.5k OTD that has 31K MSRP.

Anyways, if you are ordering, you are getting a pretty good deal. If you see a crazy deal story on this forum, keep in mind they usually include that $750 rebate from being 61+ days old. On top of that, car companies are not offering aggressive cash rebate because they need more cash due to the pandemic, so there is not much rebate going on either. Also there is often $3500 rebate at around November, but it is, in fact, a fair deal because you face the depreciation.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I found my car and get about 17% off forgot all the rebates and stuff but I told them what I was comfortable paying and they got me to where I wanted to be. Didn financing through them for 84 months in the 3a but turned around with a CU to refi in the 2s... solid deal non the less.... they gave me a killer off on my trade in though so that is what made me bite.
Sponsored