Feedback from AZ flex fuel tune members

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Yeah both tunes are seeing around 30° to 31° at peak. Im more interested in what the power curves look like getting up to peak. Feeling the timing come in slower with the flex fuel tune seems to give a "faster" placebo effect. Or at least that's what my butt dyno felt this morning!
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yeah both tunes are seeing around 30° to 31° at peak. Im more interested in what the power curves look like getting up to peak. Feeling the timing come in slower with the flex fuel tune seems to give a "faster" placebo effect. Or at least that's what my butt dyno felt this morning!
Any dyno time since you have been back?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
No I started a new project for work up in north phoenix out of the blue this week. I'm going to have to hold out for a couple weeks while I get it going. Thought I'd be in Tempe for another month or so first. My last project was about 2-3 miles from bmr. I'll post results as soon as I do though.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
No I started a new project for work up in north phoenix out of the blue this week. I'm going to have to hold out for a couple weeks while I get it going. Thought I'd be in Tempe for another month or so first. My last project was about 2-3 miles from bmr. I'll post results as soon as I do though.
Nice. Ya with my office in northish Scottsdale and the datacenter off of the 143 I drive by BMR most nights on the way home. Makes that Chevron super convenient too.

Opted to forego the ported mani for now and do upgraded and lighter drive shaft to offset some of the weight gain from the upgraded half shafts. Need to go pay Baer a visit too and check out some of their inventory in person. Thinking of replacing the Brembo rotors with the light weight Eradispeed ones, but concerned how the brightness of those will look behind black wheels lol.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Black Market Racing. Good shop and group of guys. I get work done and dyno there. Unless you need to do a Saturday then az dyno chip but just know that one is outside so probably don't wanna do that one in the summer unless really need a wot data log or something (I speak from experience on that one was really needing that log in like mid July but he does do a cover / awning to shield the sun.)
Careful with Az dyno chip, been there twice and my engine blew both times. I'm not saying it's solely their fault but there is a correlation, and I won't ever go back there

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hawk performance has some nice looking darker rotors. Not sure what their weight is though. They'd look good under black rims.

Good to know about az dyno chip. I've never had one of my cars on a dyno so I was thinking bmr since I know others who have used them.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Careful with Az dyno chip, been there twice and my engine blew both times. I'm not saying it's solely their fault but there is a correlation, and I won't ever go back there
Wow curious how that happened but good to know. I went there in a bind on a Saturday needing a wot log. BMR is my go to normally.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Hawk performance has some nice looking darker rotors. Not sure what their weight is though. They'd look good under black rims.

Good to know about az dyno chip. I've never had one of my cars on a dyno so I was thinking bmr since I know others who have used them.
The Eradispeed drilled and slotted rotors are direct replacements for the Brembo rotors and utilize the remaining brake kit. Saves about 10lbs per rotor in the front, 5 per rotor in the rear. Sharp looking and great performance just unsure of the color. They based here too so that's a plus but people all over the country get items shipped out from them.
http://baer.com/15-2015-Front-Mustang-GT-Performance-package-EradiSpeed-Rotor-Upgrade-2261042.html
IMG_1285 (1).JPG

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Wow curious how that happened but good to know. I went there in a bind on a Saturday needing a wot log. BMR is my go to normally.
As far as shop work no issues but I was definitely not happy with the dyno tuning. This was about 10 years ago, so could be better now but I will not be back to find out

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Interesting attempted to grab ff from the normal 48th st and Broadway early this morning and they had the entire pump area taped off. Not sure if Chevron is the latest in the shortage or what. May have to run up to the Scottsdale and deer valley location from the office for lunch. Or may use this as an excuse to do the obligatory quarterly fill up with 91 instead, though since we don't have full e not sure how necessary it really is to cycle it in.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I haven't been been working in Tempe lately so I'm gassing up at Chevron 91st and olive out west. If you happen to be out that way their ff has always measured really good like the one on 48th st.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just as an FYI, there is a Chevron station at Broadway and Val Vista in Mesa that sells E85.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Just as an FYI, there is a Chevron station at Broadway and Val Vista in Mesa that sells E85.
Thx plan to check it out if ever in Mesa. Luckily just don't have to go that direction normally lol.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I know the north west side of town where I live has had no fuel shortages that I have noticed though I can't speak for e85. I assume it is the same. hopefully this helps

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why all the pumps were tapes off this morning like a damn crime scene but all pumps including ff are back open this evening at the 48th and Broadway location :rockon:
Sponsored