Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Monthly sales figures are out from Ford and the 6,024 Mustangs were sold/delivered in February 2013.

This is down from the 7,351 sold in the same period one year earlier - for February 2012.

A total of 9,631 Mustangs have been sold year-to-date (compared to 11,087 units through February of last year).

For comparison sake, here's how many Camaros and Challengers were sold in February 2013.

Camaro: 6,171 units
Challenger: 4,911 units
Sponsored

Ricky35

So we only sold about 3,000 last month?! damn....

How were total sales compared to camaro and challenger last year?

JackHoya

So we only sold about 3,000 last month?! damn....

How were total sales compared to camaro and challenger last year?
Yes, 3,608 for Jan '13 to be exact. No biggy, January is always a bad month. Something about the post-holiday retail blues. Not sure I understood your second question, but if you're asking for Camaro and Challenger YTD sales for this same time last year:

Camaro: 6,923
Challenger: 3,669

So Camaro is down about -11% from same time last yr. Challenger is up about +34%.

Doubt Ford is too worried about these numbers. With the Mustang getting long in the tooth and a major overhaul coming very soon, these numbers will be off the charts once the s550 is finally out.

TradeStepan

Woah Challenger is up big recently and Mustang/Camaro down. What's going on did a new Challenger model come out or something?
I rarely seem them on the road at all.

NRMStand

Doubt Ford is too worried about these numbers. With the Mustang getting long in the tooth and a major overhaul coming very soon, these numbers will be off the charts once the s550 is finally out.
Yep. Trust me, with Ford's more global focus now, sales will undoubtedly increase as it enters untapped markets. Whether or not they can be as profitable in those other markets is a whole other story, but at least the raw sales numbers will get a nice makeover along with the new platform.

Sponsored

JackHoya

If you look at Ford's total numbers it's gotta be concerning to them that Fusion hit an all times sales record, Explorer had its best Feb in 6 years I htink and F-Series is up year over year also. The Mustang on other hand is 18% down from same time last year.

It's possible with the big 50 yr anniv, many have held out purchasing a new Mustang until they at least see what the new design looks like.

I think whether people end up liking the new design or not, Mustang sales will spike after it is finally revealed. Those that love the s550 will buy that, and those that hate it and curse Ford for abandoning the faithful along with the classic retro look will buy an earlier model.

groundnpounder

If you look at Ford's total numbers it's gotta be concerning to them that Fusion hit an all times sales record, Explorer had its best Feb in 6 years I htink and F-Series is up year over year also. The Mustang on other hand is 18% down from same time last year.

It's possible with the big 50 yr anniv, many have held out purchasing a new Mustang until they at least see what the new design looks like.

I think whether people end up liking the new design or not, Mustang sales will spike after it is finally revealed. Those that love the s550 will buy that, and those that hate it and curse Ford for abandoning the faithful along with the classic retro look will buy an earlier model.
It's no surprise Mustang numbers are down. Its the last model year and people know a new one is just around the corner. I bet the decline in sales will continue all the way until next year when the new one is released.

Lincoln's #'s were down, but probably due to the MKZ switchover to the new model. New MKZ is pretty nice so I bet sales numbers pick back up for next month (hopefully).
Sponsored