velocity550

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Picked up a discounted Steeda H pipe that someone had purchased but never installed...Best $125 for grins I have spent so far! With the factory tuneable exhaust it changes a good exhaust note into an epic exhaust note! Drops about 7lbs and also allows for easy access to adjust your emergency brake.

Best $125 you ever spent.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You guys are gonna laugh but my FIRST mod was the cargo net in the trunk. Use it all the time..
Nobody laughing, doesn't mean first mod has to be a 300HP supercharger.
Pretty sure my first ever mod was a seat cover (that I put in after sweaty baseball games) and sidemarker LED strip. Looks so much better than the crummy tiny bulbs.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Steeda clutch spring, by far. Not that I have many mods on my car, but... that first week or two with the stock spring was rough. Especially with it being my first manual, it made feeling for the bite point impossible. Every time the clutch pedal kicked back under spring tension and stalled the car under me I'd think I did something terribly wrong, lol.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Steeda clutch spring, by far. Not that I have many mods on my car, but... that first week or two with the stock spring was rough. Especially with it being my first manual, it made feeling for the bite point impossible. Every time the clutch pedal kicked back under spring tension and stalled the car under me I'd think I did something terribly wrong, lol.
I've driven manuals all my life as I'm from Europe (so 11 years of driving) and the bite point on my Bullitt is tough to find also.
My Steeda clutch spring arrived yesterday (along with trunk popper) and am popping it in probably tomorrow! Can't wait to feel the difference

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I've driven manuals all my life as I'm from Europe (so 11 years of driving) and the bite point on my Bullitt is tough to find also.
My Steeda clutch spring arrived yesterday (along with trunk popper) and am popping it in probably tomorrow! Can't wait to feel the difference
Echoing all else, it really is night and day. I'm sure you'll feel it immediately given your experience but, even to me on my first—it was an immediate change in feel. Much smoother, much more control.

I also read of some folks just, forgoing the clutch assist spring altogether for super linear engagement. But if I recall, they also reported unwanted harshness running no spring at all, and possibly higher wear. The Steeda spring strikes the sweet spot of, making the car driveable without affecting anything else.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
First mod was X pipe ....

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Echoing all else, it really is night and day. I'm sure you'll feel it immediately given your experience but, even to me on my first—it was an immediate change in feel. Much smoother, much more control.

I also read of some folks just, forgoing the clutch assist spring altogether for super linear engagement. But if I recall, they also reported unwanted harshness running no spring at all, and possibly higher wear. The Steeda spring strikes the sweet spot of, making the car driveable without affecting anything else.
In the product/install video I've watched from Steeda they specifically advised against not reinstalling the spring (whether it's back to stock or the Steeda).
I'm sure there are a lot of parts within the car that you could remove for better feel/better performance, but probably drastically reduce durability of said part / increase its wear&tear.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
In the product/install video I've watched from Steeda they specifically advised against not reinstalling the spring (whether it's back to stock or the Steeda).
I'm sure there are a lot of parts within the car that you could remove for better feel/better performance, but probably drastically reduce durability of said part / increase its wear&tear.
Good that they warn people against it. I had no intent of running without a spring—and mind, that definitely wasn't an endorsement of doing so. Drivetrain harshness and extra clutch wear aren't worth it.

Sometimes you can only lead a horse to water, though...
Sponsored