Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I've only done 2 mods. They can hardly be described as mods. 😆
Shelby letters on the splitter and new logos for the Weathertech mats.

20210501_101957.jpg
1625598694317_87199043404547.jpg
Ok, you can't post that and not a link to the logo/plates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
velocity550

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Found this
Enjoy the sunny side of life more efficiently with the unique SmartTOP module and upgrade your ride to become even more intelligent. Open and close your convertible top from a distance or operate the top while moving, all at the touch of a button.

Last line does not sound so smart ? .......................LMAO

LMAO. Overall it seems like a must for the convertible folks...

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
What has been your favorite mod that you have done to your mustang? And why?
First thing I did on new MOD on 2018 GT 5.0 /10sp was " Fling the ridiculous can of FIX-A-Flat for a "Spare tire and get on line and buy a Grade #9 factory 19" wheel to match ones on the ground . Put a Heavy Duty "SNAP-ON " 1/2 drive ratchet and 2 13/16 impact sockets { in case one breaks } also a Spare Ratchet}. buy a $50 floor jack that disassembles . buy a off brand 19" new tire for the on line wheel and made a REAL DEPENDABLE SPARE TIRE / JACK AND LUG WRENCH ...............Fix a flat does its job on a puncture in the tread but a "sidewall damage is not fixable on the side of a Texas HWY " I feel peace of mind now when I travel the "Back roads" having fun . Junqdawg .
ps. yeah I know the lug nuts torque 150 Ft lbs . Just have to "wing it on that "

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
BMR CB005 cradle lockout. Followed closely by BMR SP080 springs and lighter/wider wheels and tires.

Transformed the car.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Found this
Enjoy the sunny side of life more efficiently with the unique SmartTOP module and upgrade your ride to become even more intelligent. Open and close your convertible top from a distance or operate the top while moving, all at the touch of a button.

Last line does not sound so smart ? .......................LMAO
Well, a couple of things...
First you cannot open the Mustang top from a distance because it has a manual latch. It does allow for one touch up/down as opposed to the factory way of keeping the button depressed. Or you can program it to automatically open on unlocking the latch.
As for top operation while moving, you can do that from the factory. You just can't exceed a couple mph. The SmartTop let's you pick a speed up to 30mph to raise/ lower the top. I have mine set a 19mph which makes it nice when coming to a stop or creeping in traffic.
One other really, really nice feature is that it lets the car start up in whatever drive mode it was last in, you don't have to manually select the drive mode each time you start the car.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350

Mustang gt 2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt manual 2016
What has been your favorite mod that you have done to your mustang? And why?
1-BMR Differential bushing bk049
Car now feels more solid with extra NVH but worth it during pulls tbh
2- RST clutch

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Is that the kit that comes with the cold air intake, throttle body, & Ford Performance programmer? If so did you have the dealer install it? I’m kinda wondering if it’s worth the $1,300 or not.
Sorry I didn't see your question until now...

Yes that is the kit. I paid $675 (shipping included) from Levittown Ford back in 2017. Then a local speed shop did the install for about $150 (had to be an ASE Certified shop for warranty), but it is very easy to install yourself since the warranty would no longer apply (they only covered until the end of the original new car 3yr warranty and those cars are all too old now).

Note that the horsepower and torque gains (that brings it to the same spec as the direct injection cars) requires the use of 91 octane gas. I suspect that Ford had to detune it to run on the crap gasoline for the market at large. The FRPP tune likely undoes that detune but requires the 91 octane for those of us that are willing. Direct injection prevents the pre-detonation (knock) regardless of the octane used.

Sponsored

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Sorry I didn't see your question until now...

Yes that is the kit. I paid $675 (shipping included) from Levittown Ford back in 2017. Then a local speed shop did the install for about $150 (had to be an ASE Certified shop for warranty), but it is very easy to install yourself since the warranty would no longer apply (they only covered until the end of the original new car 3yr warranty and those cars are all too old now).

Note that the horsepower and torque gains (that brings it to the same spec as the direct injection cars) requires the use of 91 octane gas. I suspect that Ford had to detune it to run on the crap gasoline for the market at large. The FRPP tune likely undoes that detune but requires the 91 octane for those of us that are willing. Direct injection prevents the pre-detonation (knock) regardless of the octane used.
Yeah I was just wondering. That kit is now $1300 at least for the gen3 coyotes. But it also comes with a Ford Performance programmer as well. As far as the ASE certification I believe it has to be a RED certification or Ford dealer to keep warranty. Mine’s a 2021 so I’ve got plenty of warranty left. Thanks for the info.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Saw the thread and haven't replied in a few days because I needed to think on it. To date, my favorite one mod would have to be the Steeda axel backs. Had an X pipe for a while and adding the axel backs makes this car sound super mean. LOVE the aggressive tone lower RPM and the raspy face ripping sounds at high RPM. Love me some performance obviously but I really did buy this car for the Coyote's voice.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Removed the hood stripes I didn't care for.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Yeah I was just wondering. That kit is now $1300 at least for the gen3 coyotes. But it also comes with a Ford Performance programmer as well. As far as the ASE certification I believe it has to be a RED certification or Ford dealer to keep warranty. Mine’s a 2021 so I’ve got plenty of warranty left. Thanks for the info.
Yep, mine is the older 2016 GT (gen2) which used a different kit M-9603-M8A. Cheaper, but that won't help you. Also came with a rudimentary programmer (ProCal 2, I think).