favorite mustang engine sound?

Pnygrl61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danae
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertable
my friends always made fun of me because i could tell the difference between a 5.0 and 4.6 without seeing them. this was well before the coyote 5.0, so all the v8 mustangs around were sbfs or 4.6, usually sohc
Oh I can tell a Mustang from miles away. There's nothing that's compares imo. There's a Roush around the corner from me about a mile, and I know when the dudes going somewhere... Lol He knows where I live so he always gives a little somethin somethin as he goes by. 😉
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
added an x pipe to my 19, already has a roush axle back. definitely made a big difference for the better. i think i may have a new favorite. i know some here will say it's too loud or raspy, and that's fine, to each their own :rockon: i kind of wanted that sound, im used to hearing the other end of the spectrum, SBF 302 based with flowmasters. this is a nice change from that, and it really screams, the x pipe really brought it out a lot more.
I'm so tired of hearing that sound (and relatively minor variations on it) . . . around where I live it's just as apt to be coming from some lifted pickup truck that I have even less interest in.

Nice change indeed.

Norm

OP
OP
331GT

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I'm so tired of hearing that sound (and relatively minor variations on it) . . . around where I live it's just as apt to be coming from some lifted pickup truck that I have even less interest in.

Nice change indeed.

Norm
i dont hear it as often anymore, lately it seems most "muscle cars" i see/hear around are mopars. dont get me wrong, i still love camaros and some of the mopars, but i think the coyotes sound better. i love me a nice cammed 5.0 sbf but the coyotes and other DOHC fords are just something else altogether. i always really liked the 4.6 DOHC cobra engines from 96-98. i secretly wished my 95 had that engine in it, ha. maybe it was something about the B heads and the cams in them at that time, i dont really know.

pickup trucks are something else too. while some may sound good, theres something off about them, maybe it's how theyre loud but you can tell theyre not really accelerating quickly like a mustang/camaro, etc. i can usually tell those apart too without seeing them.

OP
OP
331GT

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Oh I can tell a Mustang from miles away. There's nothing that's compares imo. There's a Roush around the corner from me about a mile, and I know when the dudes going somewhere... Lol He knows where I live so he always gives a little somethin somethin as he goes by. 😉
haha, i do the same thing near a few houses where i know the owner and theyve said they like the car.

Sponsored

Pnygrl61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danae
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertable
haha, i do the same thing near a few houses where i know the owner and theyve said they like the car.
One day I had the top down I have my brother in the car with me we were just chatting, a guy and his wife pulled up next to us and said "I love your car!" I said "thank you!"
He said can I hear it? And I looked around for any cops, and I said sure. And when the light changed I nailed it so hard that the tires spun and it made that lovely Mustang noise we all love. ♥ My brother looked at me like I'd lost my mind. I'm going to get a sign on the passenger side that says... "no screaming." Enjoy the dust. 😉

OP
OP
331GT

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
427 S/C Cobra CSX-Series 6000.
cant argue with that ! the cobras always have a distinct sound as well, undoubtedly due to the side headers (side mounts?) rather than traditional mustang exhaust. very distinct in a good way.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
4.6 (2v, 3v, 4v) with x pipe and Borlas or magnaflows, just can’t beat those motors for sound imo.
Sponsored