Sponsored

Favorite Cruise Routes

DaUnit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP Shadow Black
I live in DC but have family in NC and NY so it'll be nice to know great scenic cruising routes in the mid-atlantic when I do make roads trips!

Please share your sacred spots!

:mullet:
Sponsored

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
OK I'll share two of my favorite roads in VA. RT 39 in Bath County is decent. The best road in VA for me is RT56 off RT60 at Ducks Corner in Buckingham County. Take 56 up past Montebello and eat at Gerties. Please do not cross the double yellow in the turns as I ride a motorcycle up there too lol

You are welcome :)

GordonGekko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Eco Premium
Good thread idea. I've noticed that motorcycle people in this area are weird about sharing their favorite riding routes. Weird like paranoid or secretive. Hopefully I can find some good driving routes here.

OP
OP

DaUnit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP Shadow Black
Good thread idea. I've noticed that motorcycle people in this area are weird about sharing their favorite riding routes. Weird like paranoid or secretive. Hopefully I can find some good driving routes here.
I know right... It's been pretty quiet so far.. lol

Illuminati Confirmed

:ninja:

hojos1014

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samantha
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY Premium
250 W thru Churchville, VA into Monterey/Highland County is a good ride - several mountains to go over - very curvy (I enjoy it in the daylight - makes me sick at night if I'm a passenger).

Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive both have good photo ops and gorgeous scenery. Speed limit on Parkway is 45; Drive is 35...Hubby and I did the Parkway a lot last year, since it's free and no commercial traffic. He rides his FJR and I'm in the Mustang. Usually every couple trips up there will see exotic car or car club or motorcycle club out for a ride.

Hubby seconds Rt 39 - he's enjoyed it on the FJR. He also said Rt. 33 from Harrisonburg, VA to Franklin, WV is a good ride.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Considering the insane traffic around DC/MD/VA I recommend and early morning run up 270 then hit 70 and go past Hagerstown. Some good up and down long stretches.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I don't really know road names, I know things by sight mostly. I head down 66 West until I get to the Manassas rt 29 exit. I take the one that goes towards NOVA Community College and Bull run. I keep going straight until the intersection, then I go straight some more. I just kind of follow this road and it's really nice. It has some nice hills and straights and some fun curves.

Be careful though. This becomes a back road after a bit with blind curves, rough road, and some gravel in places.

I keep on this road before hitting the rail road track where I make a left, a right at the next gas station, smile at the sign showing distances to cities in various countries and keep on going straight.

Then I make a right. I don't know which right but if you are on the road you can tell its the right right. I follow this all the way to the end and make another right. Head into Middleburg (or something like that), imagine stopping there one day and eating something (I don't like eating alone) and keep going.

I don't really know which roads I take because sometimes I just turn wherever I feel like. One time I just followed the mountains. Ended up spending the night in a motel in West Virginia. Really tough doing these rides on a sport bike. Luckily I found someone to cover my shift the next day.

My suggestion, get out of DC and just go on back roads until you find something interesting to take a picture of. I've always rode alone because I don't know anyone else who rides. Wouldn't mind finding a riding buddy.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

GordonGekko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Eco Premium
Are you on dcsportbikes.net? I swear I've seen this before.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Are you on dcsportbikes.net? I swear I've seen this before.
I did this same exact post on reddit. Dcrideit. It's my loop.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv