Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I had a 2005 Forester XT, which basically had the STI engine with the WRX turbo (easily corrected). It had a 5 speed and a differential with 4.46 gears. It was pretty much all done by about 85 mph, but it could launch like it was rear-ended by a semi. It could light up all 4 tires. It was the ultimate sleeper because nobody expects an SUV to weigh 3200lbs.

I can still drive it any time I get the urge to play with a nasty 4 banger turbo. I gave it to my son-in-law with about 120k miles on it. He has made a ton of additional mods and it's now pushing 200k miles. It's still a blast to drive!

I should mention I replaced the engine with a better one at 96K miles. Horizontally opposed engines are much more effected by bore scoring.
There's a Forester in AZ with a supercharged LS in it driven by a guy who's like 70...

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The most fun car I had was a 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V. I loved that car and drove it like I stole it. I traded it for a 2004 Mustang GT.

It wasn't the best car I have had or the fastest/best performer but it was a blast as a college kid car. I am sure if I drove one today it wouldn't live up to the memories but good times.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There's a Forester in AZ with a supercharged LS in it driven by a guy who's like 70...
I always thought that would be a very cool swap. We saw a NA Chevy V8 Forester at tech inspection at the local dragstrip, setup to look like a sedan delivery (no side windows). It was tubbed and weighed 2850 lbs. It ran low 10s. It was one of those "fun run" nights where you run anything that passes inspection, so no classes.

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
1992 Honda Prelude Si. Loved that car. Wasn't fast, but handled well and was just a fun little sporty car. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm contemplating selling my Viper and picking up another Prelude...

12-25-02-2.JPG
Lack of available parts may be a deterrent. I have a 99 prelude and it’s rather discouraging to see he parts that are no longer available through Honda. Good thing I’ve been hoarding parts for the last 15 years…

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My 1966 Cobra Replica with a 408W Stroker...."Four Wheeled Motorcycle".....WHAT A BLAST.... we had it 12 years and never got hurt....much!! :thumbsup:😲:wink:

High Left Front.jpg
Rt Rear-2.jpg
Nice! Great color combo too, definitely one of the few I’ve seen in that color combo. Always used to seeing the common Blue’s, Silver’s and Red’s.

What brand kit Cobra was it? Did you build it yourself?

I’ve always had an interest in the Factory 5 kit Cobras ever since their entry into the Cobra kit market years ago. Their body shell I felt best represented the original Cobra in scope of design lines, width and length of the front end vs the rear end. They have an excellent following and seem to be very well put together kits as far as quality, flexibility with drivetrain options, etc. Thats not to say any other Cobra kit Co.’s are inferior, because they’re so many on the market today, just an opinion.

Why did you end up eventually selling?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m torn! The ‘57 is Old Sally and the 2002 T-Bird is Blue Bird. We still have both of them.

The one I really miss is my ‘67 Fastback with a 289 hipo and a Doug Nash Street/Strip 5 speed. It was a lot of fun jumping beer cans!

9CEFDD07-1596-4F78-B65C-BBC62D31D915.jpeg

B9EC9076-3449-4174-93AB-8F9F1E5F53A7.jpeg
How is that 2002 TBird? Have you run into any reliability issues during your ownership?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20210718_150921_HDR.jpg

By far my Alfa Romeo Quadraflio. Car handles like a dream. Is over 600 HP with mods. Driving it after driving the Mustang is night and day difference in feel.
I had an interest in the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio (in red). It has an aggressive design element to it from the exterior to the interior for a 4-door sedan, different from others in the same market segment.

How’s reliability and/or maintenance costs?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it’s a factory five mk 3 that I built about 12 years ago. Pumped up small block Ford with a T5

8CA38AE8-E2FA-4C24-A302-A8C1CE269836.jpeg
Very nice F5! As I posted above to the other Cobra Kit, I’ve always liked the F5 kits.

How long did it take you to build? Do you still own it today?

Great color - again, different from the standard sheeple Cobra colors, nice choice!

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Nice! Great color combo too, definitely one of the few I’ve seen in that color combo. Always used to seeing the common Blue’s, Silver’s and Red’s.

What brand kit Cobra was it? Did you build it yourself?

I’ve always had an interest in the Factory 5 kit Cobras ever since their entry into the Cobra kit market years ago. Their body shell I felt best represented the original Cobra in scope of design lines, width and length of the front end vs the rear end. They have an excellent following and seem to be very well put together kits as far as quality, flexibility with drivetrain options, etc. Thats not to say any other Cobra kit Co.’s are inferior, because they’re so many on the market today, just an opinion.

Why did you end up eventually selling?
Thanks Cobra Jet.......it was a Classic Roadsters Kit.......had a 351W in it when I got it and I built the 408W Stroker......TORQUE MONSTER in a 2400# sled!! :wink:

The kit was originally bought by a guy in Eastern Virginia but he became ill and the wife sold it to John York Sports Cars in Richmond and they completed it. A guy in Birmingham, Alabama bought it and several years later in I bought it from him in 2002 and made several upgrades.:thumbsup:

I sold it to a licensed Road Racer near Savannah, Georgia and he ran it a couple years at Roebling Raceway.....see video of "Cobra Boo Boo" below!! 😲

BTW....the color is Pacific Green that Ford used on late 90's Tauruses I think??🤔

I recently wanted a Backdraft Car but unfortunately at my age and stage of inflexibility I cannot fold up enough to get out of it........MEAN OLE Mr. Gravity always assists in entering small cars ya know!!😐

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
I have 21k miles on mine and except for oils changes nothing else. Well that and the tire I tear through.

Mine is as modded as you can get right now also. Waiting on some turbo upgrades in the works.

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
DF8C83B9-0957-44F9-A956-FAB1B120A0E5.png
19EEE104-2126-4B68-8813-2BCE50EB2D46.jpeg
B55E3634-18AD-4DD6-9B91-3D250A15C458.jpeg

My e92 M3. The GT350 and M3 share several key similarities, with the Shelby being bigger, more brutish and more capable. I ran Summit’s Shenandoah Circuit in the M just a few months ago and was back at Shenandoah last weekend in the Shelby. The Mustang was beyond my expectation despite being stock aside from camber set at negative two degrees, and on PSS tires.

The M had the strut pins pulled for a little over one degree of negative camber, H&R Race springs, H&R front sway bar, pads, motul brake fluid, secondary cats and resonators removed, rear section, intake, fresh plugs and coils, some aero, as well as Titan TS5s wrapped in RS4s.

This was a really fun car that did well on track, on road trips, at the Back of the Dragon and Tail of the Dragon. I could see myself getting a four door as a daily and for occasional driving events in the future.
Sponsored