Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah it was crazy for sure! Hit the jump a few times with passenger and thought it was great so he videoed. Replayed video first time and was maybe a foot off the ground pffft! So I did what we always do and hit it faster. Coming up to the dip I lifted because fear but then said "fuck it!" and got back on it. Bottomed out suspension in the dip and it helped propel me up a bit. I thought for sure I was going to land on my side. When I landed my head smashed against the side window and I thought the drivers side suspension was gone as my world was now a little sideways. Wheel and tire tucked into the fender and made a hair line crack in the paint. The 6.2L moved around quite a bit too but nothing really damaged. The bed smacked the cab and put a small dent in it. Took it to the store I just bought the wheels/tires from and shared the video and they gave me a free alignment and looked suspension over. Sold the truck sight unseen to a dealership for what I paid for it and that's when I got my 2011 GT500.

Here’s the video!
That's great! Good thing you were able to drive it out. One of our friends sold us a 67 super beetle back in the day that we tore apart to make a dune buggy and beat the piss out of. We didn't realize there were a million bolts holding the body to frame so we just cut it off with the torch! Turns out the 67 was rare and our friend flipped out when he saw it transformed...not in a good way. had full roll cage and recaro racing seats. Remember we broke the trasaxel during one of the outings and had to chain tow it home. Good Times!😀
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 1996 Trans Am Ram Air that I loved. I wouldn’t have got rid of it if I didn’t have a kid. What is nice about being older is you can buy a new car while keeping the old ones as well. This is going on for me right now.
been there as well....kids change everything! 😀...but in a good way.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
are you a fan of the mercury marauder? They were similar to the crown vics...believe they shared drive trains
Marauder had the 300HP 4.6L 4V engine out of the earlier Mustang Cobras. It wasn't that fast, 300hp wasn't nearly enough to move a 4000lb car at a decent rate. But it sounded good and looked cool.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
2018 Porsche GT3, almost perfect, but not as fun as my Mustangs!

gt3-1.JPG
what do you like better about the mach 1, or what makes it more fun? id take even my little old GT over my friends 991.1 S but a GT3 might make me think twice

JacksonvilleBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 M1672
what do you like better about the mach 1, or what makes it more fun? id take even my little old GT over my friends 991.1 S but a GT3 might make me think twice
The main thing I like better on my Mach 1 is the sound of the engine, hard to beat that v8 muscle car rumble, reminds me of the classic big block Mustangs I had. The GT3 I had to get it up in the RPM range to sound good and enjoy it, the go to jail range! The Mach 1 sounds good and is fun to drive in the lower RPM range where I spend 95% of my time. The PDK in the GT3 was awesome, super slick and quick, just not as much fun as the Tremec 6 speed in the Mach 1. The Mustang just has that muscle car sound and driving experience that I enjoy.

Sponsored

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch / 2017 GT350
Had a E92 328i that was fun even if it wasn't super powerful. Probably my favorite non-Mustang vehicle I had was a 2006 Hummer H3. Just a fun and surprisingly comfortable vehicle, but my god was it slow and underpowered with the inline 5 cylinder engine. Would have liked to try the H3 Alpha with the 5.3L V-8

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
The main thing I like better on my Mach 1 is the sound of the engine, hard to beat that v8 muscle car rumble, reminds me of the classic big block Mustangs I had. The GT3 I had to get it up in the RPM range to sound good and enjoy it, the go to jail range! The Mach 1 sounds good and is fun to drive in the lower RPM range where I spend 95% of my time. The PDK in the GT3 was awesome, super slick and quick, just not as much fun as the Tremec 6 speed in the Mach 1. The Mustang just has that muscle car sound and driving experience that I enjoy.
gotcha, thanks. that's kind of how i feel about my friend's 911 S. superior car to mine in probably nearly every way (minus the sound which I get is completely subjective) but the different character of the mustang is what i like. i dont know if i could pass on a gt3 though!

JacksonvilleBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 M1672
gotcha, thanks. that's kind of how i feel about my friend's 911 S. superior car to mine in probably nearly every way (minus the sound which I get is completely subjective) but the different character of the mustang is what i like. i dont know if i could pass on a gt3 though!
That is a tough decision for me. I have an MSRP allocation for the new 992 GT3. They called yesterday to ask for my build for it, the allocation is expected to come up in the next 2 months with delivery before end of year, I just dont know if I am ready to give up my Mustang, even though the GT3 is so perfect, maybe too perfect!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I hate to say it but probably my first car, a hand me down dark green 73 Grand Prix. Yeah, it was a boat, handled like crap, was a nightmare in winter and got about 10mpg. But it wasn't bad looking, was comfortable and I don't know how much torque it had after we put a racing cam in the big block 400 when it needed an overhaul, but it felt like that thing put you back in the seat harder than any car I have driven to this day. Its probably why I really want a Challenger Scat Pack. I think it looks best in F8 green and I'm considering it, but will probably go with Sinamon Stick since its new and rarer and I already had two green cars.
73 GP were nice cars. I have a 73 Cutlass Supreme 455 4 speed I've owned since 1984.
Cutlass1.jpg

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Raced a guy in a GT3 one time. Got him in the 1/8, but then he did the turbo glide on by after that. He was impressed with how well the Mustang moves. Incredible cars, but just saying, slap a blower on the Mustang and...
That is a tough decision for me. I have an MSRP allocation for the new 992 GT3. They called yesterday to ask for my build for it, the allocation is expected to come up in the next 2 months with delivery before end of year, I just dont know if I am ready to give up my Mustang, even though the GT3 is so perfect, maybe too perfect!
for me, it would probably come down to whether or not id track the car. id expect a 911 S or turbo would be better suited to mostly street use, with the gt3 more if i were to track it often. but then again, same thing for GT vs gt350, etc. plenty of daily driven shelbys out there. either way, im talking out of my league (and budget, unfortunately,) right now with the German cars, haha.

Last edited:

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Crown Vic Police Interceptor. Department had either ordered or swapped in the 4V motor. Fastest livingroom in the east!
WAT? Now THAT is an interesting story!

Hmmm... I'm wondering now if it was a Merc Marauder? (did it have white face gauges above the floor mounted shifter??)

Last edited:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
73 GP were nice cars. I have a 73 Cutlass Supreme 455 4 speed I've owned since 1984.
Cutlass1.jpg
Nice ride. I loved the Grand Prix's. My brother had a 1970. That was a fun car.
I had a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 6 cyl with almost 240HP! 😀 ..got tagged at 50mph by a toyota. I was at a dead stop and just avoided an accident in front of me. He made sure I was included in the festivities.

1F92C432-867D-4990-A3B2-9D026265A8B6_1_105_c.jpeg

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, column shifter. It was a Vic for sure. It had been a B&W, but got repainted gray to serve as an undercover car. That's why I lean toward it being an engine swap. I never knew the full history of the vehicle, as a I bought it from a kid, who's parents had picked it up at a police auction. I do know it must have been ridden hard and put away wet. I was able to crack the block, blow the rods on 1 and 2, and destroy the head gasket.

R.I.P. Crown Mik
Nice...cracked block 😀 I did that to my 71 Cougar with 351C. I was in PA and spun a main bearing. My best friend drove out to me and we pulled the oil pan in the street to put in a new bearing just so I could nurse it home. Made it about half way ...about 60 miles when engine blew. chain towed it the rest of the way with my friends car. That was an adventure! block was cracked, rod was bent and cam broke and it stilled wanted to turn over!

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice ride. I loved the Grand Prix's. My brother had a 1970. That was a fun car.
I had a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 6 cyl with almost 240HP! 😀 ..got tagged at 50mph by a toyota. I was at a dead stop and just avoided an accident in front of me. He made sure I was included in the festivities.

1F92C432-867D-4990-A3B2-9D026265A8B6_1_105_c.jpeg
luckily i walked a way without a scratch....air bag never deployed. I was so happy I was able to stop and avoid hitting the red car in front! Then this idiot plows into me a few seconds later. drove me into red car and against divider. And it all started with a yellow vet that hydroplaned a few cars ahead.
Sponsored