Sponsored

FAO: Whipple Representive

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi Mr Whipple

I have a question probably no one ask you before. ;)

1. Can you offer larger pulley (less power) for your 2.9l supercharger kit?
2. Will your supplied tune be OK with UK RHD car? (Different header design)

My plan is your supercharger kit, throttle body, upgrade fans, LT headers and Corsa Sport catback system.

I believe the above would make great power, potentially around 750ish at the flywheel based on the pulley supplied, but to start with I'd like to be around 650BHP at crank, so can you supply a larger pulley/belt for less power?

Reason I ask is because I do not want traction issues which will be more of an issue in UK due to our colder climate and very uneven/bumpy roads. :)
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
You absolutely can get a larger pulley but I would still get the larger TB for drivability reasons alone.

Sonic is correct, stay away from headers, use the Whipple tune with larger pulley and you'll be good.

Although you will still most definitely need to upgrade some suspension to put the power down no matter how you spec your car because it barely hooks with stock power.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
You absolutely can get a larger pulley but I would still get the larger TB for drivability reasons alone.

Sonic is correct, stay away from headers, use the Whipple tune with larger pulley and you'll be good.

Although you will still most definitely need to upgrade some suspension to put the power down no matter how you spec your car because it barely hooks with stock power.

What are good suspension modifications for hooking the power and still maintaining the handling or also improving that?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Adjustable Toe Links, Vertical Links, dampeners like Viking double adj shocks, Cradle Lock Out, Diff bushing Lock Out and the like. All "do it yourself" type install with minimal to no increase in NVH

I also just installed FFRP Toe Link Bearings to replace the factory rubber bushings and they without a doubt make a difference but are a little more technical to install.

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Why don't try the standard pulley with the larger TB and fans and stay with stock exhaust system (no LT). Drive it for a while, and this might be perfect for you before going to larger pulley and all the suspension work & expense.

I usually do mods in phases to have a better control on diagnosing problems. You change too many thing at once, then it becomes very hard to pinpoint what caused it.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Jmeo and Z_Rocks hit the nail on the head. I would recommend starting with the Standard Whipple Kit and slowly make your adjustments from there. The standard kit will include the 3.75" Pulley, but you might not have many options to go up from there. Possibly the 3.875" which will be about 1 PSI less, but after that you will have issues with hood clearance and belt size.

If you have any questions in regards to any products or need help putting something together, feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks,
Matt

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Adjustable Toe Links, Vertical Links, dampeners like Viking double adj shocks, Cradle Lock Out, Diff bushing Lock Out and the like. All "do it yourself" type install with minimal to no increase in NVH

I also just installed FFRP Toe Link Bearings to replace the factory rubber bushings and they without a doubt make a difference but are a little more technical to install.
Thanks Jmeo. This is the kind of info I am hoping to find out as I torture myself about what kind of build I want, N/A or FI. And I don't even have a Mustang yet! Torturing myself on the manual vs automatic thing also. Any second thoughts on going FI with the manual? Been lurking here and on other Mustang forums for years watching the issues the manual seems to have.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Jmeo. This is the kind of info I am hoping to find out as I torture myself about what kind of build I want, N/A or FI. And I don't even have a Mustang yet! Torturing myself on the manual vs automatic thing also. Any second thoughts on going FI with the manual? Been lurking here and on other Mustang forums for years watching the issues the manual seems to have.

Personally, absolutely not. To me it's not a mustang if it's not a manual. I love everything about having a blower on a manual car. I have had 13 mustangs over the years and one of them was an automatic and I regretted it every time I drove it.

This isn't said to jerk other people, it's just how I feel so please don't take it personal.

I don't track or drag my car so I'm not trying to get every ounce of power to the ground or shave every millisecond off the clock. I'm looking for the most fun to drive experience and I think I've found it.

Good luck with your adventure, I look forward to reading about it in the future :)

Jaime

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Hi Mr Whipple

I have a question probably no one ask you before. ;)

1. Can you offer larger pulley (less power) for your 2.9l supercharger kit?
2. Will your supplied tune be OK with UK RHD car? (Different header design)

My plan is your supercharger kit, throttle body, upgrade fans, LT headers and Corsa Sport catback system.

I believe the above would make great power, potentially around 750ish at the flywheel based on the pulley supplied, but to start with I'd like to be around 650BHP at crank, so can you supply a larger pulley/belt for less power?

Reason I ask is because I do not want traction issues which will be more of an issue in UK due to our colder climate and very uneven/bumpy roads. :)
No question, our system works with both the UK and AU 5.0L RHD Mustangs!

As for the pulley size, you can go up to a 4.0" pulley which can take 2psi away from the base system. If you want it packaged with that pulley, no problem but you will still be making more than 650 crank HP, you will be around 700HP. Another option is to have both the 3.75" and 4.0" so you can swap when you want more, as we always want more :)

The amazing thing about the calibration and the system is its very predictable, the pedal mapping is very safe in bad conditions, but also incredibly powerful when you push it. Our cal engineer has over 20+ years experience of Ford OEM calibrations and has been developing all our cals, including all the FRPP/Whipple cals over the last 10+ years.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I went with the auto as I've had manuals as daily drivers for nearly 15 years straight. If it was a weekend vehicle, I would've got the manual but since I use ours daily, I went with the auto. The Auto is technically faster and easier to drive, the paddle shifting is extremely fun, especially on the track. But I do somewhat miss banging gears. FYI, burnouts are much easier with the auto :headbang::headbang:
Sponsored