Sponsored

FAO those who’ve had the roof changed by Ford

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
I’ve got an ongoing nightmare with the roof being changed on my Mustang, the dealer got the first roof change wrong so they’re now waiting on parts to change it again, we didn’t even accept the car back it was in such a bad way.

When I do go back to inspect the car for a second time I already know what I’m going to be looking out for from the first inspection issues. However, I don’t know if there’s anything I should be checking which people find is an issue a bit further down the line? On my let so far is;

1) Roof locks into place at the top of the windscreen correctly
2) Roof sits level across the car when in the fully folded down position
3) Wind noise
4) Leaks (although they’ve got to test that, so I’ll be looking for evidence of water having made it into the car)
5) The quarter glass goes all the way home when the roof is up
6) Rattles

Is there anything else people have found issues with and anything else to watch out for?

It’s been a couple of months without the car so I’m not going to take it back unless I’m confident it’s 100%.

Thanks!
Sponsored

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
View from the rear , make sure the window is centered and the seams are symmetrical take a tailors tape with you. Pay close attention to the indent of the rod that supports the window that it is symmetrical with the fabric and the window pivots freely. Inspect the parcel area with a flash light there is a section of material that has to properly snap into a track. The seal above the door windows are another area that need proper alignment.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
My top got replaced as it had stitching issues that the dealer found at PDI. Unfortunately the top shop put a 1" scratch in the top of the fender, which resulted in the entire fender needing to be painted prior to delivery. However, I found other light scratches washing the car the first time. You'd think a shop that did tops for a living would have quilted covers for the fenders and trunk deck to avoid these things. I also found the rod on the driver's side fallen out a day or two after I got the car. Luckily I was able to re-install that myself and it has remained in place ever since. I think the top shop just didn't push it in all the way and being an '18 I assume that it had the updated plastic clip. Also look at the straps located on the underside of the deck on each side of the trunk. These are tension straps. The plastic bracket has a lip on the forward end and has two tangs on the trailing edge to hold it in place when the top is down (and the straps are not in tension). The shop broke one of the tangs on mine and the bracket fell out every time I put the top down. Again, I fixed this myself by using a small screw to secure the bracket (there are holes in the deck that line up with holes in the bracket).
Sponsored