Sponsored

Fan speed sounds quiet with Procharger

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey, I'm wondering if you guys with Prochargers can hear your radiator fans over the sound of the centri? It's been a while here since it's been warm out and I'm starting to forget how loud the fans got when it was at high speed once the engine is hot. I know I've come home with the engine hot and been able to tell when the fan is going at it high setting, but I can't recall if I've heard it since I put the PC system in being that it's been winter. It used to be definitely noticeable pulling in the garage and up along my camper I could hear it, but now I can't. I know the fan is on, but don't hear it ever transitioning into high speed setting.

Hoping this tune I have has the fans kicking on correctly. Yesterday was the first day above 70F and both days when cruising Ive seen the head temps to 223F and the fans don't sound all that loud, cant really even hear them from inside the car with the windows down.

Thanks hopefully
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Hey, I'm wondering if you guys with Prochargers can hear your radiator fans over the sound of the centri? It's been a while here since it's been warm out and I'm starting to forget how loud the fans got when it was at high speed once the engine is hot. I know I've come home with the engine hot and been able to tell when the fan is going at it high setting, but I can't recall if I've heard it since I put the PC system in being that it's been winter. It used to be definitely noticeable pulling in the garage and up along my camper I could hear it, but now I can't. I know the fan is on, but don't hear it ever transitioning into high speed setting.

Hoping this tune I have has the fans kicking on correctly. Yesterday was the first day above 70F and both days when cruising Ive seen the head temps to 223F and the fans don't sound all that loud, cant really even hear them from inside the car with the windows down.

Thanks hopefully
I dont see head temps hardly over 200 on 95 degree days.
Who tuned it? I have the quiet gear set and yes I can hear fans run.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have the stock procharger tune and also helical gearset. The fans are quiet, I don't ever hear them go full speed. When I was n/a with a lund tune, the fans would be blaring coming into the garage. I meant to ask procharger about this, but haven't since I'll be going custom tune soon.

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
I feel like my fans have been quieter since putting my procharger too but my head temps have been below 200 as well.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
My fan seem to be running pretty hard when I pull into the garage. We had a warm day over the weekend and my temps climbed over 215. they are usually mid to high 190's

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
If u have the procharger tune they do mess with the fan settings,they leave them at the factory settings and this why u probably dont hear them on high.Lund sets them to come on earlier but the fans run on high alot more tuned like this.U dont have to worry though u car will not overheat.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the feedback. I am on the stock thermostat. I was having this high temp thing a few months ago (odd that it was super cold outside since it was winter). Then I followed the FSM instructions on burping the coolant system. After that process I was happy the temps rarely went above 200F. I had a tune revision 4-5 weeks ago and the fan settings were changed from coming on to startup and always running to what I thought was the stock settings. With this tune the fans come on once the engine gets up to operating temps, but I don't think they ever turn to the high setting. I just know I was surprised on how loud they were when I first bought the car and now I don't really even hear them.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
If u have the procharger tune they do mess with the fan settings,they leave them at the factory settings and this why u probably dont hear them on high.Lund sets them to come on earlier but the fans run on high alot more tuned like this.U dont have to worry though u car will not overheat.
Bartly doesn't have our tune...

However, you are correct that we leave them stock for emissions reasons.
As we move towards CARB EO stuff, we need to make sure all things emissions related are not messed with. So things like how quickly the car warms up, cats warm up, and engine temps all need to remain stock.

Yes, guys like lund can change those... however I can't say that I have seen any actual performance gains from that at this time.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My hopes were to confirm if I cant hear my fans parked next to my camper/garage at idle, it means that the fans aren't running at high speed.

So, there are two replies saying yes you can definitely hear them on their cars.

Two saying they can't hear them.

So that confirms that there is a high speed and I'm not getting it. Unless a certain half of you can hear like Superman then this pseudo poll is just a fun way to get to spend time with strangers.

Since Procharger doesn't mess with the OEM settings on the fans per the above description, that would mean it should have the loud factor when running hot just like factory, that sounds pretty good right about now.

I did reinstall a previous version of the tune that has the fans running right from cold startup and on all the time (but sounds like no high speed). Still reached 207F this am when it was cool outside, and then hit 226F on the way home with the outside temp being 70. My buddy said this is hella cold compared to his Harley, so at least there's that.

Thanks again.

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Well I'll have to say that I don't remember the fans ever on high speed when pulling into my garage on the stock tune. I only noticed them once I had the Lund tune.

At what temp does the stock/procharger tune kick on the the high speed setting?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Well I'll have to say that I don't remember the fans ever on high speed when pulling into my garage on the stock tune. I only noticed them once I had the Lund tune.
Thats because MOST aftermarket tuners turn the fans on sooner.

Because "the internet" thinks having lower engine temps = more power.
Yet that hasn't really been the case since the 1980's.

Is it bad, not really... other then stresses the fan a ton more.
Is it really doing anything?... Well the engine is designed to operate at a specific temperature for proper tolerance gaps, oil pressure, to burn off excess impurities in the oil, etc.

Do I think there is a difference between 180-220?.... not really.
Does your piston really care?.... not even close to what just a .2 change in AFR would effect it.

So really its all just splitting hairs...

At what temp does the stock/procharger tune kick on the the high speed setting?
The stock settings... if needed I guess I could post a screen shot.
But I haven't fired my lap top up yet.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thats because MOST aftermarket tuners turn the fans on sooner.

Because "the internet" thinks having lower engine temps = more power.
Yet that hasn't really been the case since the 1980's.

Is it bad, not really... other then stresses the fan a ton more.
Is it really doing anything?... Well the engine is designed to operate at a specific temperature for proper tolerance gaps, oil pressure, to burn off excess impurities in the oil, etc.

Do I think there is a difference between 180-220?.... not really.
Does your piston really care?.... not even close to what just a .2 change in AFR would effect it.

So really its all just splitting hairs...

The stock settings... if needed I guess I could post a screen shot.
But I haven't fired my lap top up yet.
I've was scouring the forum last night about engine temps, fans and thermostats. I saw reference to you saying your shop cars rarely break 200F even when pushing them hard. Is that head temp from the dash display? Wondering what your recipe is, OEM thermostats or 170F ones? Also is that in the middle of a hot sun shiny day? Just curious. It's just odd that myself and others talk about their cars hitting 220+ head temps and other guys saying there's rarely go above 200.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I've was scouring the forum last night about engine temps, fans and thermostats. I saw reference to you saying your shop cars rarely break 200F even when pushing them hard. Is that head temp from the dash display? Wondering what your recipe is, OEM thermostats or 170F ones? Also is that in the middle of a hot sun shiny day? Just curious. It's just odd that myself and others talk about their cars hitting 220+ head temps and other guys saying there's rarely go above 200.
Our cars are 100% stock, running our stock kits, and our stock tunes.

Though I have also stated many many times,...that just like the "fake" boost gauge on the dash has some serious error... I have seen the cly head temp gauge also not match what the actual data is in the computer.

I know why the "boost" gauge is wrong.
I can't explain why the temp gauge is, but nor do I really care that much.

Since again, its splitting hairs for no reason.

Pretty much every gauge on these cars is delayed from the actual data.
Heck the wideband isn't anywhere close so what the true info from the CAN bus is spitting out. So all the gauges are kind of a "neat thing to look at" However the CAN bus data is really where the truth is at. (even again, splitting hairs)

NOTE: If I get myself a 2017 and throw a blower on it personally. I can tell you after the tune is loaded, the chances of me every looking at any of that stuff will be about .000000000000000001% of the first 15min of driving, and then I doubt ever again. Id be more worried about getting a bad tank of fuel then a 20 degree difference in head temp.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
I can't hear my fan over my ProCharger at all. It's loud as hell. I changed out my thermostat for a 170% one I don't see my head temps over 200 now even when it's 95 outside. Before it was hitting 220+ daily if I was running the AC.
Sponsored