EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Kind of off topic but same brand...

I have Azenis 255/40z/r19 tires on my car and they're pretty good. They came with the car when I bought it and I thought to myself "azenis? tf is that?" But they've been pretty good to me. Thunderstorm, doing crazy shit on the road... good grip.
Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Eh...

I ran 71Rs on the street for a small time once and they were fine as in it's not like they felt dangerous but there's better options. I think for a strictly street tire, the Conti ContactSport is probably the best overall in terms of price and performance without feeling like a compromise too far on the streetability side. 4S is a better tire but wow is it expensive, last time I checked.
Ok. I currently have the Conti's on the car. Great tire. Looking for something that gave a but more mechanical grip on the street. The treadwear rating on the Conti's is 340; RT660 is 200. I know that the 4S may be fractionally better than the Conti's but I sm not a fan of how they roll over at the top of the tire on the rim. And for the price delta between the two, is the 4S that much better? Appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Ok. I currently have the Conti's on the car. Great tire. Looking for something that gave a but more mechanical grip on the street. The treadwear rating on the Conti's is 340; RT660 is 200. I know that the 4S may be fractionally better than the Conti's but I sm not a fan of how they roll over at the top of the tire on the rim. And for the price delta between the two, is the 4S that much better? Appreciate the feedback.
I am currently running the 71Rs on the street also (different car) and to me I think they are great as far as grip and feel goes. Good enough in the wet too. So I would definitely get a set for the street tires on the R but they are not available in the right sizes. Like you I am hoping the RT660s can do it for me. Enjoying the car for what is worth I am not looking forward to put 4Ss or equivalent on it either.

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang