Sponsored

[Faked] Leaked 2020 GT500 0-60 & 1/4 times from Road and Track?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Road & Track has just confirmed that this sheet is faked!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...ested-the-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-yet/

No, We Haven't Tested the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Yet

An R&T test sheet with performance numbers for the GT500 is floating around online. One problem: We haven't even sat in one yet.

BY TRAVIS OKULSKI
JUN 3, 2019

Nobody outside of Ford has driven the 2020 Mustang GT500. Literally nobody. That's why our ears and eyes perked up when we heard that a test sheet is circulating around the web which says that the car hits 60 in 3.4 seconds and can brake to zero from 60 in 96 feet. Impressive numbers.

But the numbers weren't the only thing that caught our eye. They were written on a work sheet that we use here at R&T to report numbers. Our logo and everything is on it! And that's the problem: nobody at, near, adjacent to, or even tangentially related to R&T has done more than sat inside a GT500 at an auto show or other event.

To be clear, these supposed test numbers that Road & Track got at a test in Las Vegas in May are 100 percent fabricated. When we do get to drive the car, which should be later this year, you can bet we'll be getting performance numbers. But we don't have them yet.

We also asked Ford to chime in on these numbers:

We appreciate our Mustang fans enthusiasm, we also know they appreciate authenticity - especially when we talk Shelby models like the all-new GT500. Ford will announce production performance specs as we get closer to launch.
giphy.gif
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Lol.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Road & Track said they didn’t test it so it doesn’t matter how it was faked.

Why would anyone do this? For hits or likes, etc. and the list is endless...

Before the internet I would say it was Ford or some agent of Ford trying to create some interest in the car. But these days anything goes.

I’m more interested in why this is news here. This site only creates the atmosphere for more bogus specs on cars by advertising the deception and having people talk about it. I say the media should just ignore it like the way they try to hide the names of mass shooters and such. They will have to find another way to get fame. That may not be true journalism, but then the person in question is trying to manipulate journalists - so maybe this is the best way to take back real reporting instead of talking about FAKE NEWS (and this is fake news)!

hockale1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
This should be removed if it's not legitimate.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Meh. Most belived it's fake. You sort of hope it may have some truth since Ford seems to be so tight liped. At any rate, it starts a discussion, then people move on to the next thread.

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
I thought there was supposed to be some sort of bread crumbs dropped for us yesterday from Ford? I haven't :inspect: :asshat:.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I thought there was supposed to be some sort of bread crumbs dropped for us yesterday from Ford? I haven't :inspect: :asshat:.
That was misinterpreted information from a dealer on a different forum. He did have news/info, but not the general info we were expecting/waiting for. Myself and others thought it would be significant info, ie specs, ordering,options etc; but it was just his own allocations and an a raffle for his last spot at just above msrp, and the extra goes to charity
Sponsored