The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Have any of you taken any pictures of peoples cars where they made them to look like something that they’re not to share? On my way home from work today I saw this. Very bad picture because I was moving but he’s got the SRT decal that you can see on the front fender in the back it said Hemi just as big. Except the dope forgot to take off the 3.5L badges on the side. :crackup:
5148CE6D-3FEB-4A33-8C42-685203B2CBB0.jpeg
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
People, especially younger people do the weirdest, ugliest, craziest and stupidest crap to their cars. Each time I go to a car show, it’s amazing to see how stupidity progresses.

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Eh, if it’s a young kid, they get a pass in my opinion. I bought a 96 v6 at 16 and put a ram air hood and cobra decals on after I wrecked hitting a deer. I’m 33 now and cringe at the thought now, put teenagers get a pass I think

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
People, especially younger people do the weirdest, ugliest, craziest and stupidest crap to their cars. Each time I go to a car show, it’s amazing to see how stupidity progresses.
And with the old heads its "tribute" cars. And doing things that sure, maybe looked fine on 60's cars when they were kids but look like shit today.

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Back in 2009 I bought a brand new Caddy CTS-V . It was the first year the 2nd gen V came out, and soon after a lot of std CTS's appeared with V front bumper and grills. It did not bother me at all. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Also I am a guy that has everything I want and thus very hard to buy gifts for. So at times my daughters buy me car stuff. Because I know how hard they try to buy me the right thing, I always put it on my cars. and if I like it I keep it there. So to many of you I am a poser because just after I got my gt my youngest daughter got me a set of fake gt350 fender vents. I had them painted and put them on and they grew on me. So I am one of those posers.
20201118_132438.jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Lotta folks on this forum are ripping off GT500/350 parts and bolting them to GTs & EBs. Can’t say I blame them as the GT500 bumper and the GT350 fenders look killer! I never had a problem with this. As long as your making the payments. Mod your car as you see fit. Someone wants to make the payments for me. I’ll take their opinion under advisement.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Lotta folks on this forum are ripping off GT500/350 parts and bolting them to GTs & EBs. Can’t say I blame them as the GT500 bumper and the GT350 fenders look killer! I never had a problem with this. As long as your making the payments. Mod your car as you see fit. Someone wants to make the payments for me. I’ll take their opinion under advisement.
[/QUOTE
Glad they do. I would miss the entertainment. Factory parts from other mustangs can look decent if finished properly. Problem is, they rarely are.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Back in 2009 I bought a brand new Caddy CTS-V . It was the first year the 2nd gen V came out, and soon after a lot of std CTS's appeared with V front bumper and grills. It did not bother me at all. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Also I am a guy that has everything I want and thus very hard to buy gifts for. So at times my daughters buy me car stuff. Because I know how hard they try to buy me the right thing, I always put it on my cars. and if I like it I keep it there. So to many of you I am a poser because just after I got my gt my youngest daughter got me a set of fake gt350 fender vents. I had them painted and put them on and they grew on me. So I am one of those posers.
20201118_132438.jpg
I don't think that's too bad or being a poser, and if it makes your daughters happy, even better.
Too bad or posing/faking is if you'd put on decals that said GT350 on it. That's a bit like having a watch that looks like a Rolex and says Rolex (or perhaps "Rollex"), with the fake gold included, but cost 50 cent to produce, was sold to you at the market for USD 10, and has a quality much inferior to a "genuine" USD 10 watch.

Vents like that look nice though. If only they were functional too. :-/

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Have any of you taken any pictures of peoples cars where they made them to look like something that they’re not to share? On my way home from work today I saw this. Very bad picture because I was moving but he’s got the SRT decal that you can see on the front fender in the back it said Hemi just as big. Except the dope forgot to take off the 3.5L badges on the side. :crackup:
Don't think you're in the right forum. One of favorite "mods" of some people is putting the red badge resembling GT350R on the front grill / rear deck... This is land of side / hood scoops, GT500 bumpers on Ecoboosts and so on. That SRT V6 Charger isn't that bad. If he didn't have yellow splitter protectors made from pool noodles, he was clearly an amateur.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Don't think you're in the right forum. One of favorite "mods" of some people is putting the red badge resembling GT350R on the front grill / rear deck... This is land of side / hood scoops, GT500 bumpers on Ecoboosts and so on. That SRT V6 Charger isn't that bad. If he didn't have yellow splitter protectors made from pool noodles, he was clearly an amateur.
I guess I really should have named the thread "Fake Badging" I don't care if anyone puts a GT500 hood or spoiler or anything on an Ecoboost. Just don't badge it like one. Just like my pic. I don't care if it is an young kid. He looks like an idiot. Just like all the guys who think they can call their car a "Hellcat" because they badged it or stick an "M" in front of their 330i. Same goes for the GT350 badge.

Deleted member 35644

I lost count a LONG time ago of how many fake AMGs I've pulled up behind at stop lights. My opinion is, if you're gonna do it, then do it right. There is no such thing as an AMG E350. If you're going to spring for the AMG badge, then spring for the E55 badge to at least be halfway convincing. Posers are ok, I guess, as it's clearly their dream to own an AMG, but LAZY posers need to up their game.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I don't think that's too bad or being a poser, and if it makes your daughters happy, even better.
Too bad or posing/faking is if you'd put on decals that said GT350 on it. That's a bit like having a watch that looks like a Rolex and says Rolex (or perhaps "Rollex"), with the fake gold included, but cost 50 cent to produce, was sold to you at the market for USD 10, and has a quality much inferior to a "genuine" USD 10 watch.

Vents like that look nice though. If only they were functional too. :-/
Wait...."Rollex" is supposed to only have one "l"...? The guy said I was getting the "Friends and family discount"...

Son of a...