Sponsored

Faded paint noticeable after stripe removal?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I prefer the no stripe look, but they made way many more striped cars than non-striped cars, especially for Kona Blue. I am looking for a non-striped car to avoid this, but may have to settle for a striped car and then just remove them. Worst case scenario is I have the car repainted if there is noticeable fading. Has anyone removed the stripes after a few years/couple thousand miles? Was there a noticeable line of faded paint?
Sponsored

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
All you would need is a good high speed polish. I'm willing to bet the guy has been indoors a lot as well so i doubt you'll have any issue

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Thatā€™s a big ā€œit dependsā€™ā€œ.
Sun exposure, heat and paint color all have an impact on paint fade.
Iā€™d bet most of our cars are not exposed to harsh elements and none are that old.
I wouldnā€™t worry about removing the stripesā€¦..I have a ā€˜19 and am still thinking about it.

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Thatā€™s a big ā€œit dependsā€™ā€œ.
Sun exposure, heat and paint color all have an impact on paint fade.
Iā€™d bet most of our cars are not exposed to harsh elements and none are that old.
I wouldnā€™t worry about removing the stripesā€¦..I have a ā€˜19 and am still thinking about it.
Agree with your thoughts. I assume most of these cars are not daily drivers. They are garaged and/or covered and cleaned regularly.

Sponsored

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Agree with your thoughts. I assume most of these cars are not daily drivers. They are garaged and/or covered and cleaned regularly.
I think the only problem you will have is the strip on the hood. That stripe will be baked on

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I think the only problem you will have is the strip on the hood. That stripe will be baked on
Heat gun to soften it up?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curiousā€¦ never owned a striped car at all, ever.

Can removing the stripes lift any clear or paint, even if using a heat gun to help aid in the removal? Iā€™m sure a striped vehicle that is brand new is easier to remove vinyl stripes, but say one that has sat for a year or two (even if garaged)?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Mine came right off after a little over a year of being on the car. Didn't really even need a heat gun, just got an edge started with one then pulled slowly at the correct angle and it call came right off.
Sponsored