Sponsored

Factory spoiler holes delete

Daryl152

Kill3r_Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost (IG:Kill3r_Stang)
I'm planning on getting a new spoiler/wing. anyone has any tips of tricks on how to cover up these factory holes? Thanks!
Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
the only "correct" way it to take the car to a nice body shop and have them welded and repainted. make sure its a legit shop, some cheap ass places will just bondo them with some mesh and paint lol.

there are some easier/temp fixes tho. google "nylon hole plug" i got a set from OSH back in the day for my 88 mustang gt spoiler delete. you can sand and paint them with touch up paint and its just a small convex bubble, not a horrible eyesore for some. a little hot glue on the bottom side will ensure they stay on and seal up. also, ebay has some vinyl circle stickers that you can just pop over the holes, paint match wont be exact tho.
hope this helps

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is it cheaper to just buy a painted trunk without the holes?

Starfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The easy and cheap way is to find someone with a spoiler-delete trunk and swap. It's a 10 minute job.

Tash Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT
I patched my holes myself with some bondo and I have racing stripes going over it. You could use touch up paint to try blending it in. Won't be perfect but it will cost you 15 bucks lol:headbonk:

Sponsored

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
How large are the factory holes? I'm going to do the cheap ebay vinyl circles for now and you can get them from 1/2" to 3" diameter.

OP
OP
Daryl152

Daryl152

Kill3r_Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost (IG:Kill3r_Stang)
I ended up just patching the holes with fiberglass and filler. Then I just wrapped my trunk black lol. Looks legit.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
nice

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Bump.

Can't see the pics.

How did it go and does anyone have a guide I could follow? Also, will the gt350 style stripes cover the hole/patch so I don't have to paint it? The center holes that is, I'm refusing the other ones for gt350r spoiler

Last edited:

Sponsored

cbwsports

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
I ended up just patching the holes with fiberglass and filler. Then I just wrapped my trunk black lol. Looks legit.
Hey I am in a similar position. I can't find a spoiler delete trunk (I am to the point where I will take any color and just have it painted) and I want to install an APR spoiler. From what I understand it covers none of the factory holes so I will need to have them filled. I am curious as to how your patch work has held up over the last two years. The local ford dealer quoted me about $500 just to fill the center holes and repaint (lifetime warranty). I'd rather not spend that money if I have to go back every couple of months.

takzGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
damn! im really tempted to go for some stage 3 performance flares too :crackup:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm planning on getting a new spoiler/wing. anyone has any tips of tricks on how to cover up these factory holes? Thanks!
Another member just called a bunch of used car lots and one agreed to swap his trunk/spoiler for a spoilerless trunk. Sounded like a lot of time, effort and luck but throwing it out anyway.

I'm assuming you already know the new spoiler won't cover the existing holes. If the holes live in the shadow of the new spoiler, maybe something like the color matched plugs people use for front license plate holes might not be very noticeable.
Sponsored