Sponsored

Factory narrower tires seems to hook better...

OP
OP
chagan02

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
"that type" meaning a generic alignment at a dealer or not a performance shop. I've seen some awful alignments posted on this site that were all "green".

You should target the following (do you have camber plates?):

Front
Camber -1.5-1.7 deg, no more than 0.2 diff between each side
Caster 7 deg +/- 0.3 deg
Toe 0.00-0.05 deg per side, 0.00 deg steer ahead

Rear
Camber -1.3-1.5 deg, no more than 0.2 diff between each side
Toe 0.10-0.12 deg per side, 0.00 deg thrust angle
Thanks! At this point I’ll have to see what comes from the Dealer on the “recheck”. I’ll post the sheet when I get it. I don’t have plates, the dealer installed adjustable camber bolts and said that would suffice. Said the bolts had enough camber adjustment.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chagan02

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I put the Ford Performance Street Handling suspension pack on my 17 Mustang GT, I knew she needed an alignment. Took her to the dealership I purchased her at, and when the alignment was complete, they provided me the spec sheet, which has exact measurements, also were in the green. Maybe try a different dealership?

bafteralignment.jpg

beforealign.jpg
Yeah I definitely should have a spec sheet. I’ll demand one at my recheck. Did you installed adjustable camber bolts for your alignment. I’d bet my car has the same kit on it, although I’m not sure without closer inspection.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Yeah I definitely should have a spec sheet. I’ll demand one at my recheck. Did you installed adjustable camber bolts for your alignment. I’d bet my car has the same kit on it, although I’m not sure without closer inspection.
The Ford Performance Street Handling pack did not come with camber bolts, but the model number on the blue springs will let you know if it's the Street, Track or just lowering springs. the Street springs are Ford Performance M-5300-X.

OP
OP
chagan02

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Performance Street Handling pack did not come with camber bolts, but the model number on the blue springs will let you know if it's the Street, Track or just lowering springs. the Street springs are Ford Performance M-5300-X.
Didn’t you have to install camber bolts for the alignment? Or did your kit not lower the car? Sorry for the 21 questions.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Didn’t you have to install camber bolts for the alignment? Or did your kit not lower the car? Sorry for the 21 questions.
21 questions is ok, no I did not have to install camber bolts. The Street Handling pack drop is supposed to be around an inch front and rear. Ford Performance Track Handling pack drop is 2 inches Front and rear, and there is another set of Lowering Springs, I do not know the specs for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chagan02

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
21 questions is ok, no I did not have to install camber bolts. The Street Handling pack drop is supposed to be around an inch front and rear. Ford Performance Track Handling pack drop is 2 inches Front and rear, and there is another set of Lowering Springs, I do not know the specs for.
Hmm interesting. So mine must be dropped more than an inch cause the dealer said the camber bolts were necessary. I guess I just need to take a wheel off and determine the part number on the springs. I am a little worried about the clearance now on my front wheels with the 295s as well. Especially if dropped more than an inch. Honestly I wish it was just stock. Certainly don’t want tire to fender interference.
C63ECD26-B320-4978-BCC9-A17BA2399F85.jpeg

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I kind of feel sad for you, they should have jusitfied the camber bolts with the spec sheet. If I remember correctly neither FP's Track or Street packs require camber bolts. I would never want the stock springs ever again. I didn't even take pics of Bleu's wheel wells when she was stock...

OP
OP
chagan02

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I kind of feel sad for you, they should have jusitfied the camber bolts with the spec sheet. If I remember correctly neither FP's Track or Street packs require camber bolts.
Yeah I kinda feel like they didn’t know what they were doing, but I haven’t the knowledge in this area to know. Guess the only thing I can do is get the spec sheet, post it here, and see what the experts have to say.

Do you know of a way I can check the fender clearance on the tire? It’s all good at rest but I’m concerned under hard cornering that as the tire is exposed and the body rolls slightly that it will hit. It looks like at rest as the suspension compresses the tire will move inboard as the A Arm moves up, just not sure it would be enough to clear the fender. If it was factory height (like I thought) I wouldn’t be worried. Fortunately Ford rolls the fenders at the factory.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
My apologies, I do not know of a way to check clearance. The strut tower brace does do a pretty good job of reducing roll. I put the strut tower brace on, just before the Street pack, it was day and night!

OP
OP
chagan02

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I got that on, I believe its factory on a PP car. I think it corners really well. Other than the whole reason for starting this thread, feeling like the rear end gets loose.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chagan02

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so I pulled a front and rear wheel and obtained part numbers from the springs. They are..

Steeda
FD029FSA1016 (Front)
FD030RSA0717 (Rear)

I googled those part numbers and nothing was returned. I assume because those are the spring part numbers and not the “kit” part number. The struts look factory and are black, whereas the springs are blue. I’m guessing this isn’t a full suspension kit and just lowering springs. Both sway bars are also black, which also makes me think they are factory PP1 bars.

Anyone know which kit those springs
would be in from Steeda? I’m assuming they are just the Sport Lowering Springs.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-progressive-sport-lowering-springs_555-8210

Per Brian’s suggestion I adjusted the tire pressures. Fronts were at 37psi, dropped to 30. Rears were 34psi, dropped to 30. Haven’t driven it since adjusting the tire pressures, will do that tomorrow. Question, should the fronts have more tire pressure? Or am I good at 30psi on all four corners?

Otherwise I guess I’ll just wait for the alignment recheck and post the spec sheet here when I get it.

C22F6EFD-7FD7-4D35-892E-FDC847C78CC0.jpeg

50B70C55-362D-41CB-A5A7-069BCA48EB88.jpeg

77A97884-08B2-405B-99E0-FC60D7D93160.jpeg

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Okay so I pulled a front and rear wheel and obtained part numbers from the springs. They are..

Steeda
FD029FSA1016 (Front)
FD030RSA0717 (Rear)

I googled those part numbers and nothing was returned. I assume because those are the spring part numbers and not the “kit” part number. The struts look factory and are black, whereas the springs are blue. I’m guessing this isn’t a full suspension kit and just lowering springs. Both sway bars are also black, which also makes me think they are factory PP1 bars.

Anyone know which kit those springs
would be in from Steeda? I’m assuming they are just the Sport Lowering Springs.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-progressive-sport-lowering-springs_555-8210

Per Brian’s suggestion I adjusted the tire pressures. Fronts were at 37psi, dropped to 30. Rears were 34psi, dropped to 30. Haven’t driven it since adjusting the tire pressures, will do that tomorrow. Question, should the fronts have more tire pressure? Or am I good at 30psi on all four corners?

Otherwise I guess I’ll just wait for the alignment recheck and post the spec sheet here when I get it.

C22F6EFD-7FD7-4D35-892E-FDC847C78CC0.jpeg

50B70C55-362D-41CB-A5A7-069BCA48EB88.jpeg

77A97884-08B2-405B-99E0-FC60D7D93160.jpeg
I'd run your fronts just a little higher (like 32).

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Brian@BMVK - Sorry for the mini hijack ...

What cold pressures would you recommend on a MagneRide PP1 with the standard wheels / tyres (MPS4S’s) for street / fast road ? :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
@Brian@BMVK - Sorry for the mini hijack ...

What cold pressures would you recommend on a MagneRide PP1 with the standard wheels / tyres (MPS4S’s) for street / fast road ? :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:
31-32 cold is good on all four.