Sponsored

Factory Line Lock or Foot Brake

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Are you guys using the factory line lock or foot brake to heat up your drag radial tires at the drags?
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I foot brake because with the fender plug out no line lock

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Do you put your Trans in S Mode 1st gear and use your paddle shifter to shift into 2nd gear to do your burnout at the drag way or put your trans in drive and use the foot brake and let it rip?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I like the line lock.

Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Tried it both ways and I'm going back to line lock.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Do you put your Trans in S Mode 1st gear and use your paddle shifter to shift into 2nd gear to do your burnout at the drag way or put your trans in drive and use the foot brake and let it rip?
Shifter to S start in second and quickly click 3rd with paddles. Just remember to go back to D unless you plan on paddle shifting. Ask me how I know LOL. 50 or so feet out nose over on the rev limiter stuck in first HAHAHAHAHA. Did that once.

Line lock always. Why do you want to drag your rear brakes if you don't need to?
Because you can't use line lock with the abs and ALL traction control disabled via the fender plug. Even with t/c and advancetrac "off" the computer still changes it's shift and timing schedules if it sees even the slightest wheel spin. A quick third gear burnout is plenty, and you don't need to bury the pedal to the floor. It's not really that hard on the brakes.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Because you can't use line lock with the abs and ALL traction control disabled via the fender plug. Even with t/c and advancetrac "off" the computer still changes it's shift and timing schedules if it sees even the slightest wheel spin. A quick third gear burnout is plenty, and you don't need to bury the pedal to the floor. It's not really that hard on the brakes.
Ahh, I didn't pick up on the fender plug thing. I have an M6. I can spin the tires til the cows come home with T/C and A/T turned off via the switch. I would agree it's not that hard on the brakes as I did it for quite awhile on my GTO until I installed a line lock on it. It's also a little easier than trying to foot brake with a clutch.
Sponsored