Sponsored

FA says 2024 GT still the same 450 hp!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/h...the-2024-ford-mustang-gt-will-make-exclusive/

That’s fine, hey after all if you think about it 450 is still a lot for a street car and these things are certainly thrilling to drive.

It‘s just that it seems that they had us primed to expect a little bump over the S550 and evidently it isn’t coming. I know the “close to 500” (whatever the heck that means) only applies to the DH, but who knows how much that will cost. Don’t forget to add in the obligatory ADM!

I personally have a slight preference for the looks of the S550 over the S650 but would have considered a ‘24 if there was a decent hp bump. But now all of a sudden I feel a whole lot better about buying 2 new S550s since July. A whole lot better! I really wouldn’t give you 10 cents for most of the other stuff and some of it I don’t like at all.

How about any of you guys?
Sponsored

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
I originally speculated that this was going to happen, hence why I ordered the 23'. The 24 is a beautiful car, but I couldn't fathom paying $1000 more without being able to get the exterior color I wanted (Mischievous Purple) or the interior color (Showstopper Red). Even if this is incorrect, and the horsepower is 480 for example, I still don't think it is worth it unless you are absolutely in love with the 24. The new car looks great, and will sell well either way.

PS I know this may be an unpopular opinion.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
1. There's no reason to believe anything on FA is correct.

2. This should be over at M7G, not here.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am curious how the increase works. 2022 has 10hp less than 2021 due to the EPA. For them to then go and add more horsepower to the 2024 confuses me a bit, but maybe someone can explain it to me? Maybe they fixed the "EPA problem" and still gain the horsepower?
Personally, I was expecting the S650 GT to equal the hp of the current Mach 1. They must have found a way to meet EPA regs while increasing hp (maybe with the new intakes and tuning they were able to do that?). If Ed is dropping some hints that he doesn’t want to be second place to 485hp, they must have found some way to do it, I just don’t know how. There’s been an increase in hp every generation of the Coyote over the previous generation, so I thought keeping GT hp the same for the gen 4 Coyote was not realistic, even if the hp gains are minimal.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/h...the-2024-ford-mustang-gt-will-make-exclusive/

That’s fine, hey after all if you think about it 450 is still a lot for a street car and these things are certainly thrilling to drive.

It‘s just that it seems that they had us primed to expect a little bump over the S550 and evidently it isn’t coming. I know the “close to 500” (whatever the heck that means) only applies to the DH, but who knows how much that will cost. Don’t forget to add in the obligatory ADM!

I personally have a slight preference for the looks of the S550 over the S650 but would have considered a ‘24 if there was a decent hp bump. But now all of a sudden I feel a whole lot better about buying 2 new S550s since July. A whole lot better! I really wouldn’t give you 10 cents for most of the other stuff and some of it I don’t like at all.

How about any of you guys?
Meh, I'd have rathered they addressed the chassis so it can handle and put down the 400+ hp.
But people buy on hp number sheets, . no matter if it can not get it to the ground.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. There's no reason to believe anything on FA is correct.

2. This should be over at M7G, not here.
To your first point: nor is there any valid reason to disbelieve everything on FA. In the end, it’s an online journalistic rag that derives income from advertisers and reader’s clicks. Neither of these would continue without credibility, which could be roughly defined as being right more than they’re wrong. In any given instance they could be right or they could be wrong but they have a vested interest in being right. And by definition their unnamed source has been more accurate than not in the past.

Hope this helped.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
To your first point: nor is there any valid reason to disbelieve everything on FA. In the end, it’s an online journalistic rag that derives income from advertisers and reader’s clicks. Neither of these would continue without credibility....
50 years ago, when there was something called "journalistic integrity" that people actually cared about, that would be a valid point.

Now? The opposite is true.

The game is 110% about clicks. And a flashy headline that generates clicks, regardless of whether it's true or not, is all that matters. This is true to the extent that "journalists" flat-out lie to generate clicks. They absolutely make-up whatever story they want to, fabricate whatever "facts" they want to, to generate clicks and site visits.

This particular example is one that's almost perfect. It's got everybody's knicker in a twist over nothing, but it's generating tons of clicks and site-visits for them..........and that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I saw that article yesterday. To me it makes no sense to introduce a new engine with some decent changes only to have no power improvements at all. But we shall see in any case.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Remember when FA royally messed up on Mach 1 when they reported it would get 500+, but I truly believe this new dual intake coyote was headed to the Mach 1 initially so they probably had info that was accurate at the time. We just got faux "throwback" air inlets instead 🙄 . Since that time, EPA nonsense has gotten worse so we saw a redux in 22 (easily addressed by pulling that extra filter). It would not surprise me to see the 24 not meet targets. I suspect the DH will equal or slightly exceed the 21 Mach 1...maybe 490 to 495.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years ago, when there was something called "journalistic integrity" that people actually cared about, that would be a valid point.

Now? The opposite is true.

The game is 110% about clicks. And a flashy headline that generates clicks, regardless of whether it's true or not, is all that matters. This is true to the extent that "journalists" flat-out lie to generate clicks. They absolutely make-up whatever story they want to, fabricate whatever "facts" they want to, to generate clicks and site visits.

This particular example is one that's almost perfect. It's got everybody's knicker in a twist over nothing, but it's generating tons of clicks and site-visits for them..........and that's all that matters.
Just to be clear, I’m not sure that noticing and commenting on an item is exactly the same thing as having one’s knickers twisted.

So it’s fair to say then that you think this 450 hp story is fabricated, made up and a flat out lie? No basis to the story at all, right? Like over coffee yesterday morning one of them says “hey, wait until you see the BS I’m putting on them tomorrow!” Now thinking logically for a moment, if this were true then FA would have a pretty abysmal accuracy record, right? And if it had a record of poor accuracy people would stop subscribing and reading, thereby reducing readership and subsequently income. Sort of self-policing I’d say. Call me crazy but seems to me it’d be in their best interest to be as accurate as possible. Obviously they aren’t always throwing strikes but they have got to be trying.

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Just to be clear, I’m not sure that noticing and commenting on an item is exactly the same thing as having one’s knickers twisted.
You seem to be confused.

I'm not inferring that your knickers are twisted, it was a generality. So stop taking personal that which isn't.

So it’s fair to say then that you think this 450 hp story is fabricated, made up and a flat out lie? No basis to the story at all, right?
No. I posted that; "There's no reason to believe anything on FA is correct." As in Schrödinger's cat.

What IS doubtless, is that the article is meant to generate clicks and site visits.

And FA's "record" only exists for those that keep such a count. With so many bogus sources of "information" available now, there's no one keeping track anymore.

Plus, in this very thread is a prime example of FA being completely incorrect. So, it happens.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Maybe this "source" leaked this misinformation to FA as to create more of a demand for the current S550 GTs. Some people are not a fan of the design of the S650, and if there's no jump on HP, the S550 becomes more appealing.

Or perhaps Ford couldn't get around emissions requirements, and indeed the HP bump will be minimal or none at all.

I personally don't expect a big HP bump. It's the last remaining traditional pony/muscle car. It's fitting, it was the first, and now the last.
Sponsored