Sponsored

Extreme Turbo Systems Ford Mustang Ecoboost Intercooler Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you don't have to remove the bumper to install an IC, it's most likely too small lol
Sponsored

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Would love to see some datalogs with this intercooler and see how it performs agaist the other ones

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
3 inch inlet/outlet a custom option?

OP
OP

ETS Michael

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeturbosystems.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
3 inch inlet/outlet a custom option?
I'm guessing you have a big turbo kit car?

I could possibly build the intercooler with 3.0" inlet and outlets but the tubes are only going to be 1.5" long, which would require you to build your own custom intercooler piping.

Here is an example.

1g%20race.jpg

Thanks,

Michael

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Looks like a quality piece! I have some quick questions:

Any increase in coolant temps due to the IC taking up more frontal real estate?

Do you have any metrics yet to release on the IC for charge temps, data, etc?

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I for one am EXTREMELY excited to see ETS building parts for the Ecoboost mustangs. I've followed y'alls work on other vehicles for several years (my person favorite being the green Integra). Cannot wait to see what other parts you come out with. Will you be doing an exhaust and possibly turbo kits in the future?

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Check this out: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66521

I for one am EXTREMELY excited to see ETS building parts for the Ecoboost mustangs. I've followed y'alls work on other vehicles for several years (my person favorite being the green Integra). Cannot wait to see what other parts you come out with. Will you be doing an exhaust and possibly turbo kits in the future?

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I'm a sucker for making my shit cost extra :) It would be a go big or go home build, if I do it.

I'm guessing you have a big turbo kit car?

I could possibly build the intercooler with 3.0" inlet and outlets but the tubes are only going to be 1.5" long, which would require you to build your own custom intercooler piping.

Here is an example.

1g%20race.jpg

Thanks,

Michael

OP
OP

ETS Michael

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeturbosystems.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Looks like a quality piece! I have some quick questions:

Any increase in coolant temps due to the IC taking up more frontal real estate?

Do you have any metrics yet to release on the IC for charge temps, data, etc?

Coolants temps remained the same. I will try and compile the data and release it next week.

We have all kinds of new products coming out for the Ecoboost. Piping, Downpipe and Exhaust should be ready for release in the next week or so.

• ETS Intercooler Piping Kit
  • ETS Downpipe
  • ETS Exhaust System
  • ETS Turbo Kit

Thanks,

Michael

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Coolants temps remained the same. I will try and compile the data and release it next week.

We have all kinds of new products coming out for the Ecoboost. Piping, Downpipe and Exhaust should be ready for release in the next week or so.

• ETS Downpipe
  • ETS Exhaust System
  • ETS Turbo Kit

Thanks,

Michael
I will be very closely looking at your exhaust once you release a sound video etc. I do not like the one I have on my car currently. Will the turbo kit be a single or twin scroll set up?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I wasn't saying it did. I simply was hoping that "direct bolt on" meant that the cover didn't have to come off.
It looks like a nice piece; I just don't want to take the front end of my car off if it can be avoided.
Your going to have to take to bumper off to remove the stock intercooler without killing yourself....bumper is not that hard to come off. I've taken mine off about 3-4 times already.

Dewgla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white
What about the active grill shutters?
Can you still keep them on?

Electrolight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang

• ETS Downpipe
  • ETS Exhaust System
  • ETS Turbo Kit

Thanks,

Michael

Really excited to see what you guys can do exhaust wise for this platform. I ordered your Intercooler as soon as I saw it was available. Ive held off on buying a full turbo back exhaust kit because I haven't heard anything worth the price. When can we get a sound clip?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I wasn't saying it did. I simply was hoping that "direct bolt on" meant that the cover didn't have to come off.
It looks like a nice piece; I just don't want to take the front end of my car off if it can be avoided.
It's not hard and takes maybe 15 minutes max. Trust me when I say that you don't want to attempt it with the cover on and most people that attempt it end up pulling it anyways. Don't make it harder on yourself when you don't have to.

I've linked a pdf from Lethal Performance that walks you through removing the front bumper cover and grille shutters. They're great instructions and will walk you through it step by step. It's what I used my first time removing it.

:cheers:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.