Sponsored

Extreme Heat in Seattle - Global Warming or an Unusual Collection of Ingredients?

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I was a draftee in basic training at Ft. Lewis Wa. from May 20 1970-July 19. Sunny, hot, and no rain for 8 weeks. They were using the troops for fire mitigation.
Ironically, my subsequent mos (training) came up 93 echo, meteorology, and my daughter is now a climate scientist.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would much rather take measures to stop global warming than deny it and do nothing, considering the consequences of being wrong.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's going to get warmer until it gets colder. There is nothing we can do to stop it.

Quit listening to the lying media and the doom and gloom predictions.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
During the 300 million or so year reign of the dinosaur, there wasn't a stitch of ice to be found anywhere on earth. The most recent ice age began approximately 3 million years ago and is still ongoing. However right now we're in a interglacial period that began about 11,000 years ago, so expect temps to rise for a few more thousand years.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
News flash you cannot change the weather, put a window in your stomach. So you can see where you're going. Cause some have their heads up their ass.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They started teaching "man made climate change" from kindergarten through college 30 or 40 years ago. It will be hard to convince the younger generations that what they've been taught all their lives has been a lie.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm more concerned about Kamloops, B.C. My mom lives there, and on Tuesday it's supposed to be 49C! That's 120F for our caveman brains. That's absurd, that's hotter than phoenix and with such a northern latitude.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
We usually have a few days around 100f (arid desert southern interior) but into the 110-120 range for a week is very unusual. Also around 100f in the north where my daughter lives. Bad fire season to follow without a doubt. Coast being hot is even stranger.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's easy for people to confuse weather with climate. Especially if they know what answer they want to get.

I get a little nervous about human affected climate change theory, because if you decide that it is very important to "prevent climate change" it can lead you to advocate very heavy-handed, dictatorial laws. Things like no more pets, no animals raised for food, population control and reduction, no travel, limiting home size or not allowing individual houses, not allowing people to heat their homes to a comfortable temperature, everyone must live close to where they work, ICEs must be outlawed, etc.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It's easy for people to confuse weather with climate. Especially if they know what answer they want to get.

I get a little nervous about human affected climate change theory, because if you decide that it is very important to "prevent climate change" it can lead you to advocate very heavy-handed, dictatorial laws. Things like no more pets, no animals raised for food, population control and reduction, no travel, limiting home size or not allowing individual houses, not allowing people to heat their homes to a comfortable temperature, everyone must live close to where they work, ICEs must be outlawed, etc.
My guess is it will come to that.... not in my lifetime, thankfully. Population isn't getting any smaller.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Watching the Tour de France stage 3 today... flat section, so they are not at elevation.
Most of the spectators are wearing coats.... on June 28th!
"Global Warming"......? Same globe, not warm everywhere!

What about this scenario:
The entire world dumps trillions upon trillions into climate change reversal... let's just say it works due to natural process or man-made reversal.
The next panic is now "Global Climate Stagnation".
We now need to find out how to bring back seasons.... the planet is going to die unless we save it from Global Climate Stagnation...!!!!

Tell me I'm wrong and prove it & I'll buy you a beer!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Watching the Tour de France stage 3 today... flat section, so they are not at elevation.
Most of the spectators are wearing coats.... on June 28th!
"Global Warming"......? Same globe, not warm everywhere!
I would think this and other unusual and intense weather events would make you wonder why is this happening? Maybe not...

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
Could it all be nothing more than weather manipulation? I mean its in the movies and Hollywood is never far of from what's really happening in the world of science.
Sponsored