Sponsored

Exterior and Interior Walkaround video

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
Awesome! Better exterior than the new Camaro, granted that's comparing the top of the line Mustang to an SS. Not sold on this interior though.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I'm assuming this is the base interior, which to be honest is quite ugly....Too many buttons IMO that takes away from the interior appeal. I like the new Camaro's interior, but our exterior is unmatched. We're in a different league compared to them.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
This is the base interior, which it seems is the only option available on the GT350 with the track pack. With the GT350 tech pack you get the touch screen/center stack combo, and with the GT350R there is an option to upgrade to the touch screen/center stack combo. But I do not think that option exists on the Track Pack GT350.

I did test drive an EB with this base interior, and it actually isn't as bad as it looks in photos. The buttons are pretty well organized, so finding what you want isn't a problem. The only real annoyance for me is the huge bezel around the screen. Would have been nice if they could have gone with a slightly larger screen and eliminated some of the bezel area.

Even so, I can live with this interior, even if it isn't quite as nice as I would like.

Oh, and the Mustang's steering wheel is way better than the new Camaro's. They finally got a decent one of the Vette, but dropped the ball on the Camaro.

-T

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Seems strange why they didn't go with a floor mounted pedal...But I like the rest of the interior. Seems very functional but i do wish the screen was a little bigger as well.

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Have there been any photos posted of the leather trimmed seats that come with the Tech package? I've searched all over and couldn't find any. I really don't need the track pack but I'm not a fan of leather and would like to see them before making a final decision.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
The interior is nice and simple. Not cartoonish like the new Camaro.
Q: In order to go reverse, do you need to pull that lever to allow to go "R"everse?

Once I tested a car that the "R" was right next to "1", and you could easily go to "R" by mistake.

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
The interior is nice and simple. Not cartoonish like the new Camaro.
Q: In order to go reverse, do you need to pull that lever to allow to go "R"everse?

Once I tested a car that the "R" was right next to "1", and you could easily go to "R" by mistake.
It looks similar to my STI in that there's that lockout ring under the shift knob that you pull up on in order to get to reverse.

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
It looks similar to my STI in that there's that lockout ring under the shift knob that you pull up on in order to get to reverse.
I love STi, and I'm going to wait till next Jan. Auto show to see if Subaru plans to bring the concept look for 2017, and then decide what to buy.

Question for you: As an STi owner, are you thinking to move to GT350? If yes, why? You can answer that question better than anyone else.

Yesterday morning I was going to the Gym. Parked my car and noticed a beautiful new white STi there and a few guys around it talking to owner. While everyone was enthusiastically looking at the STi, a Red Ferrari 430 enters the parking lot. You can't miss the sound. But to my great surprise, NO ONE even turned around to look at it or pay attention to... :lol: While they were still drooling over the STi... :D

But this GT350, gives me the same feeling as the STi with more power. But no AWD.

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I love STi, and I'm going to wait till next Jan. Auto show to see if Subaru plans to bring the concept look for 2017, and then decide what to buy.

Question for you: As an STi owner, are you thinking to move to GT350? If yes, why? You can answer that question better than anyone else.

Yesterday morning I was going to the Gym. Parked my car and noticed a beautiful new white STi there and a few guys around it talking to owner. While everyone was enthusiastically looking at the STi, a Red Ferrari 430 enters the parking lot. You can't miss the sound. But to my great surprise, NO ONE even turned around to look at it or pay attention to... :lol: While they were still drooling over the STi... :D

But this GT350, gives me the same feeling as the STi with more power. But no AWD.
I'm really hoping Subaru will start looking to transition from the EJ to the FA motor that is in the WRX, the STI could use a change after all of these years.

I am pretty much already sold on the idea of selling the STI to pick up the GT350. I have always wanted to own a V8 and this one just seems right up my alley. I think I like it so much because it's so different from what everyone else is offering. I love Subaru's because they are different from everyone else in the way they look, sound, and feel (not so much nowadays). The GT350 for whatever reason appeals to me for that same reason. That FPC V8 sounds so different from everyone else, the styling of the new S550 body looks great, very smooth and almost European. I had looked at the E92 M3, CTS-V, and a few other cars but none of the others really did it for me. I'm not a very good writer so it's hard for me to put exactly in words why I like it so much but hopefully that gets the point across, haha. I'm just hoping I get the opportunity to purchase one!

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I'm really hoping Subaru will start looking to transition from the EJ to the FA motor that is in the WRX, the STI could use a change after all of these years.

I am pretty much already sold on the idea of selling the STI to pick up the GT350. I have always wanted to own a V8 and this one just seems right up my alley. I think I like it so much because it's so different from what everyone else is offering. I love Subaru's because they are different from everyone else in the way they look, sound, and feel (not so much nowadays). The GT350 for whatever reason appeals to me for that same reason. That FPC V8 sounds so different from everyone else, the styling of the new S550 body looks great, very smooth and almost European. I had looked at the E92 M3, CTS-V, and a few other cars but none of the others really did it for me. I'm not a very good writer so it's hard for me to put exactly in words why I like it so much but hopefully that gets the point across, haha. I'm just hoping I get the opportunity to purchase one!
Thanks for your [valuable] reply. You will love a healthy V8 (Had a S/C Z06 700hp) and you find all reasons why you should go to supermarket 3 times a day... :D

If the price is right and dealers won't try to cheat us with these adjusted marketing charges, then GT350 is on the top of my list.

I think by Jan. we should know what Subaru is doing with 2017 STi engine and body design.

I used to have an M3. It gets very expensive to mod and fix. Traded in for a Z06.
Sponsored