tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
HELP, me understand ,Please. I tried to get quotes from some out of state Ford dealers and they come back with, can't sell in florida, But a few from Michegan quoted me, I'm confused as all get out.All I want is a dealer who will quote me , hopefully low so I can go to my dealer and see if he'd match and/or beat it,THANKS for all your help. Tonyd1:cheers::cheers:
Sponsored

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
According to FL state law, extended warranties for cars can only be purchased from dealerships in FL.

I don't like it either, but that's the way it is.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
According to FL state law, extended warranties for cars can only be purchased from dealerships in FL.

I don't like it either, but that's the way it is.
tHANKS, THEN WHY AM i GETTING QUOTES FROM OUT OF STATE fORD DEALERS, confusing isn't it

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
this is confusing to me. does it depend on if its 3rd party or factory extended warranty?

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
this is confusing to me. does it depend on if its 3rd party or factory extended warranty?
i'M NOT SURE, IT'S CONFUSING TO ME ALSO. i JUST TOLD MY DEALER OF THE BEST QUOTE FROM A FORD DEALER i GOT. The best came from Troy ford, Flood Ford wouldn't quote me since I live in Florida. From what I understand ,only licenced out of state Ford dealers to sell policies in Florida can sell in Florida other than the state of Florida dealers, no others are allowed. The Troy ford quote came to 1940.00 for 8 years, 75000 miles and O ded. Now listen to this shit-they have options for key pod coverage, interior/exterior lighting, and some other bullshit options. I couldn't believe the lighting option , WOW, your thoughts,I'm not sure on the aftermarket warranty companys, I hear they have alot of complaints with dealing with them, thanks-Tonyd1

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I got mine from a dealership in GA and they set me up with a 6 year 100k mile warranty. Bumper to bumper good at any dealership with the ford Premium care extended service package.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I got mine from a dealership in GA and they set me up with a 6 year 100k mile warranty. Bumper to bumper good at any dealership with the ford Premium care extended service package.
free?

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Theyre are never "free" they can make it look free on paper. you can usually get it thrown in as an extra incentive though. or have them take an extra 1k off the price to balance it.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Unfortunately ESP's in Florida can only be sold at MSRP. If you've quoted yourself on Ford's website, or saw the ridiculous cost the dealership thew at you it's just the way Florida is. Apparently they think that dealerships selling ESP's at MSRP throughout Florida protects us the consumer from getting "scammed".

So i quoted myself for a 4 years, 75k mile ESP on ford's website .. came out to around 2.4k I believe. Same thing on Flood Ford was $700. So in reality its just allowing the automakers in Florida to "scam" you out.. there's no competition allowed, thus they are making full profit on selling the ESP'S (Kind of sounds like another failing system in the United States huh?).

But hey, you don't have to worry about some other company making a profit off you now!

With that being said.. there are "ways" around this... something along the lines of "accidentally" putting a out-of-state family member's address instead of yours in. Seeing as the ESP just links itself with the VIN, and doesn't list the address you used to purchased the ESP with. I wouldn't know this from experience or anything.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
What Caleb said +

Out of state dealers can sell you the ESP if they are licensed to sell in FL, but they too are required to sell @ MSRP to maintain their license, so most don't bother with the expense & hassle of getting licensed. This is EXACTLY what the Fl Dealers Assoc. wanted - full price on a high profit item & zero competition from outside - basically our politicians sold out the entire population of the state & let the dealers create a monopoly. Some dealers will 'give' you other pkgs like tire protection, coatings etc. to soften the blow, but most of that is useless crap anyway.

Net is - some out-of-state can sell it to you & without charging sales tax, so you would at least be saving the 6 - 8% sales tax you would otherwise pay @ any dealer in the state.

Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Unfortunately ESP's in Florida can only be sold at MSRP. If you've quoted yourself on Ford's website, or saw the ridiculous cost the dealership thew at you it's just the way Florida is. Apparently they think that dealerships selling ESP's at MSRP throughout Florida protects us the consumer from getting "scammed".

So i quoted myself for a 4 years, 75k mile ESP on ford's website .. came out to around 2.4k I believe. Same thing on Flood Ford was $700. So in reality its just allowing the automakers in Florida to "scam" you out.. there's no competition allowed, thus they are making full profit on selling the ESP'S (Kind of sounds like another failing system in the United States huh?).

But hey, you don't have to worry about some other company making a profit off you now!

With that being said.. there are "ways" around this... something along the lines of "accidentally" putting a out-of-state family member's address instead of yours in. Seeing as the ESP just links itself with the VIN, and doesn't list the address you used to purchased the ESP with. I wouldn't know this from experience or anything.
There IS competition in Florida. The dealer I bought both cars from this year offered an ESP superior to what Ford offers. Contact Sam Galloway Ford in Ft Myers for details.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

Flood Ford said they couldn't quote in FL., on my quote:confused:

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
There IS competition in Florida. The dealer I bought both cars from this year offered an ESP superior to what Ford offers. Contact Sam Galloway Ford in Ft Myers for details.
The legislation & licensing only addressed OEM extended warranties, there is no price fixing on aftermarket ones.

They didn't bother to get licensed since they could not sell @ a discount - not worth the trouble for the few sales they'd make.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Well like I said .. I used a family members address that is out of state , the ESP gets attached to your VIN , since it’s covered nation wide .

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
The legislation & licensing only addressed OEM extended warranties, there is no price fixing on aftermarket ones.

They didn't bother to get licensed since they could not sell @ a discount - not worth the trouble for the few sales they'd make.
The dealer sells the ESP is owned and administered by them. Not a 3rd party. It is superior to Ford's ESP. Just trying to be clear.
Sponsored