Sponsored

Extended Warranty: Base, Extra, Or Premium?

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
They have under 12 month and the next is over 12 and under 36 month. My at the category over 12 and under 36 month. So, what is the benefit of buying ESP prior right before factory warranty 3yr/36K expires?
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
They have under 12 month and the next is over 12 and under 36 month. My at the category over 12 and under 36 month. So, what is the benefit of buying ESP prior right before factory warranty 3yr/36K expires?
I think the positive of waiting to buy the extended warranty until just before the factory warranty expires is twofold. First, if you end up selling the car due to unforeseen circumstances, you didn’t “waste” the money on the additional warranty (I’m sure you’d recoup SOME money when selling, but definitely not all of it.) Second, after owning the car for 35 months or 35,000 miles, you’d probably have a good idea of what kind of extended warranty term and mileage fits your situation best.

The only negative to waiting any length of time has to due with the potential yearly price increase, as well as the over 12 month $100 premium increase. Prices went up 1/1/21 for 2 of the 3 online retailers I looked at, including flood.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I think the positive of waiting to buy the extended warranty until just before the factory warranty expires is twofold. First, if you end up selling the car due to unforeseen circumstances, you didn’t “waste” the money on the additional warranty (I’m sure you’d recoup SOME money when selling, but definitely not all of it.) Second, after owning the car for 35 months or 35,000 miles, you’d probably have a good idea of what kind of extended warranty term and mileage fits your situation best.

The only negative to waiting any length of time has to due with the potential yearly price increase, as well as the over 12 month $100 premium increase. Prices went up 1/1/21 for 2 of the 3 online retailers I looked at, including flood.
Thanks for your reply! I'm not fan of any ESP. But have concern with this car, so may purchase ESP closer to factory 3yr/36K expiration date.
Can one have payment plan instead of paying all up front?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Thanks for your reply! I'm not fan of any ESP. But have concern with this car, so may purchase ESP closer to factory 3yr/36K expiration date.
Can one have payment plan instead of paying all up front?
No sweat!

A good question.... one that I don’t know the answer to.

I do recall getting some advertisements from Ford in the mail a few months back advertising no interest financing on an ESP, but I don’t know if the financing was specifically for the plan itself, or for a Ford credit card that you could then use to buy the plan.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I called. The one from Ford you can do payments on. But the warranty is 3X the price for the same thing.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
yeah I've seen all those plans many times but it still doesn't confirm for me exactly if base covers everything I need.
If you go to that link, then click on the "learn more" link on each plan, it tells you exactly what components are covered in each category.
Btw, just what are you looking for in the base plan? https://fordprotect.ford.com/basecare

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Also, keep in mind the powertrain(engine &transmission) is covered for 5yr/60k under the original new car warranty. This should cover having to replace an engine, if that's what you're worried about.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
It’s all there if you look
OP asked this same question in Oct. 2019. Keep asking same question so many times again and again. Still can't figure it out. Beats me. :facepalm: