Sponsored

Expert advice for next season. Drag racing 1/8 mile.

Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Hellion TT
Hi all,

My 1/8 drag racing season is now complete with the local track closed for the season. Time to start with the winter mods and research.

I have a 2015 Hellion TT GT with 6466’s, built engine and trans running E85. Circle D 1B, Crusaders and every IRS part available. After grenading a side gear in my differential, I now run a Wavetrac with 3.31 gears. Wheels and tires are 17” Weld S71 drag pack with 305 ETSR’s

My last outing, the track provided lacklustre traction and I managed to run a 6.8@106 with a 1.7x 60’. My logs showed I was spinning as boost was coming in. This was leaving from idle.

I never used my transbrake/2-step, nor did I add boost as I was spinning on my lowest setting.

My Crusaders were setup on 6c9r and this was not adjusted throughout the day. I plan on getting the Viking Warrior fronts this winter.

Is there anything else I should pick up over the winter? I plan on getting a new front sway bay which is unrelated to drag racing from Steeda.

Can you please provide some shock settings I can use? Our track is terrible at best.

Any other advice?

Thank you and I appreciate the help.

Shaun

78E55EFD-4D80-4C9C-B446-0BFD1F41AFB7.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Off2jail

Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Hellion TT
After speaking with a few members here and Viking, I’ll be picking up a set of Viking Warrior coil-over fronts first and foremost. This should really help my traction issues on our terribly prepped track.

It is worth noting that Viking provided some stellar support on what settings to run as well.

Shaun

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry i know this post is slightly old but i would also load up the suspension if you are leaving off idle , after staging with the brakes applied give it some throttle and load up the suspension then go back to idle this should help your 60’ if you doing a full tree you will have enough time but not with pro tree!
Sponsored