Experience w/Service Department **with updates**

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
I am curious to know if anyone else is having the same experience as I am.

I purchased my vehicle new from a dealer that is about 8 hours drive, away from where I live. Upon driving it home, I called the nearest Ford Dealership to have the vehicle inspected and was told the next available date was some 60 days in the future. Realizing this was at the height of the pandemic (last summer), I said no thanks and got the inspection at a local shop.

Fast forward to around October of 2020, I called the dealership’s service department to schedule an oil change. I was given an appointment for March 9. At the time of my calling, it was almost 5 months away. I thought this was a crazy amount of time to be waiting to have an oil change done, but said what the hell, I’ll keep the appointment in order to use up the free maintenance points I received upon purchasing the car, I did the oil change myself at my friend’s shop.

This morning I get a call from the dealership telling me that they have to cancel my March 9 appointment because they are too busy with other cars, and the next available appointment is……September 7th. I told the girl that they must be out of their minds thinking someone would wait for nearly a year to have their oil changed. I refused to have her cancel my appointment, her answer was; it’s up to you if you want to show up on March 9th, we will not be servicing your vehicle.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this, or am I the only one? For the records the dealership is Dana Ford and Lincoln located in Staten Island (NYC).
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sounds like they want to prioritize customers paying out of pocket instead of free oil changes. That's pretty shitty. Suggest complaining to Ford corporate.

OP
OP
Idrisbey

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
The thing is, they do not know that I would be using my "app points". I suspected they were doing it because I did not purchase my car from them. When I asked the girl about it, she denied that was the reason.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The thing is, they do not know that I would be using my "app points". I suspected they were doing it because I did not purchase my car from them. When I asked the girl about it, she denied that was the reason.
I'd assume the app points pay them a flat rate and they can make more money on other types of service visits, so they prioritize those. I haven't seen this particular situation before, but I've seen similar ones over and over.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Seems they have decent reviews on dealerrater.com... Turning away customers is an odd business model.

Saw someone else had a similar complaint and the dealership provided contact info for a manager to get involved, so it seems that they try to resolve situations like this. Better than nothing I guess.

Last edited:

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
I had a similar experience here is Austin. I bought my from a dealership in KS. There's only 1 decent dealership here of 3 so I had to schedule 2 months out. The dealership here prioritizes based on the service being scheduled.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
WHAT? This is insane!!!
Sounds like the dealership has a real problem keeping employees. I mean seriously, did I mention this is insane?
I plan on doing all regular maintenance myself if I can. If I cannot, I already have a great shop that I trust 100%. My wife’s Subaru is there this morning, I made the appointment two days ago around closing time.
The two dealerships here in my town, owned by the same people, do not give me the warm fuzzy feeling needed to trust them.

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Sounds like a few select dealers are being hard ons. I bought my car from a dealer not to far away, but I'm going to use my local dealer for service. They said no problem. Now maybe because they also service my truck, but it shouldn't matter. Neither should having the free oil changes. The dealers still get paid from Ford, even if they collect nothing from you directly. Just like with any warranty work. You pay nothing to the service dept, but they send and collect the bill from Ford.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Many large dealers have opened a separate "Quick Lane" facility for oil changes, tires, etc. They still do them at the main Service Dept, but they don't really want to as they (the Techs) make more money doing other work on their big lifts.
Do they have a different Quick Lane number to call?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I only use quick lane for oil changes. My car has never needed warranty service in 3 years, which is damn amazing.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
You need to complain to Ford Customer service and leave a negative review wherever you can. I live in a small town so one Tech touches my car, no Fast Lane for my car,

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
If this is a big city dealership, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are hard to deal with. I know of a couple dealers (non-Ford) in Chicago that are like this, including a BMW store- who you might not even be able to get to pick up the phone- because they are so busy. Essentially, they are so busy that they don’t care who they piss off because the work will be there regardless.
Sponsored