Sponsored

Experience at Galloway Ford Fort Myers

ij.ecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black EcoBoost Premium
Just thought I would post about my experiences with Sam Galloway Ford in SWFL and look to see if anyone has had similar experiences or recommendations for other dealerships in the SWFL area.

I have brought the car in for all the cars oil changes and the works and those experiences were average and done in a fair amount of time happy with those.

A/C system completely failed on the car at about 7-8k miles in august going into the hot summer months here in FL, called about a week after it failed to schedule service and they said they could not have the car in for a month and a half. Bring it in in July (earliest they said they could take it) for the scheduled service appointment for the AC, repair was done well in a timely manner service advisor was good to deal with and all was covered under warranty. just a long time to daily drive with no AC.

ordered Rotifrom rims and PS4S tires for the car and went in today to see how much it would be for them to mount and balance them and to install ford performance lowering springs. service advisor starts by saying aftermarket rims would void my warranty right away, rebutted this by saying the size tire and rim I ordered are the same as on the California Special or Black Accent package (whichever is 19x8.5 255/40R19), then he says I'll need a aftermarket tune if I put the rims and tires on the car which would also void the warranty (which I understand tunes can and do void warranties just is not necessary in this context). the rims and tires keep nearly the same diameter as they do the stock ones within a fraction of an inch. Shrug that off about getting them done at the dealer and ask about getting the ford performance street lowering springs installed and he says they would need the car for half a day to do 1 hour of labor to see if they would be able to put them on (car is completely stock) at 125/hr just to get the estimate for the install of them. Also said that warranty would only be good with those springs if I bought them at the dealer and got them installed at the dealer. dealer wanted $360.00 for the springs w/o install.

any recommendations of other dealers I should go to?
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I can't recommend other dealers, but stay the heck away from that one. The tire diameter can be adjusted easily by the dealer, and there's no way you should have to wait that long for a service appointment for AC. Mine failed last year, and everything was replaced in two days, plus they gave me a rental car (I didn't buy the extended warranty, so I wasn't eligible for one, but I made enough noise that they gave me one).

They also can't void your warranty for aftermarket rims and tires. Hell, my rim and tire warranty package (for which I paid $500) covers aftermarket rims and tires for up to five years after purchase date. If they wanted to make a claim that your rims or tires made a component fail, they'd have to prove it, e.g., if your differential failed, they would have to prove that your rims and tires caused it to fail. If you put rims and tires on the car and your EGR system goes out, they'll have a very hard time proving it was caused by the wheels.

JR

Kessler1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That dealer sounds awful. Might be a little far from you, but I bought mine at Sarasota Ford and had a great experience. Can't speak for the service department though it's a little far from Clearwater. My closest dealer is Walker Ford and I'll never go there again.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
That dealer sounds awful. Might be a little far from you, but I bought mine at Sarasota Ford and had a great experience. Can't speak for the service department though it's a little far from Clearwater. My closest dealer is Walker Ford and I'll never go there again.
I've had good luck with Ferman which is the old Countryside Ford, one of the techs lives in my neighborhood.
Sponsored