Sponsored

Exhibitions Of Speed - PYTHON GT500 Hood Vent Project

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Today has been incredibly busy and I have been freezing my ass off outside for hours. Nevertheless, the PYTHON is here. I still have a ton to do before the day is over, but here are a couple pics I was able to snag installed. The chopped carbon and 2x2 twill. The vents are not clear coated or wet sanded. Just sent straight from the mold for test fitting. I think we are on to something.

Hodgepodge (1 of 11).JPG
Hodgepodge (3 of 11).JPG
Hodgepodge (7 of 11).JPG
Hodgepodge (9 of 11).JPG
Hodgepodge (11 of 11).JPG
YES! I’ll take both.
Sponsored

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
No think Terrance, you are DEFINITELY on to something.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
That’s beautiful and is exactly what I’m looking for. Getting rid of that brace going down the center.
9B675426-BEEE-4AB8-827E-A95B6830250D.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That’s beautiful and is exactly what I’m looking for. Getting rid of that brace going down the center.
9B675426-BEEE-4AB8-827E-A95B6830250D.jpeg
Yes, put it on the botttom so it’s out of sight. Still ties in to add more rigidity.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looks like I am where I need to be to open things up for the vent. Should have some stuff drafted and posted this afternoon

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Looks like I am where I need to be to open things up for the vent. Should have some stuff drafted and posted this afternoon
Waiting patiently, kudos Terrance. Sometimes the naysayers and skeptics make things challenging, sometimes, obtuse and sometimes they just fuel greatness. This design is certainly in the vein of greatness.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good. I just got paid today. Same paypal address?

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
GT500 PYTHON DEPOSITS OPEN!
Python time is here. Got both the sample pieces installed and I am very happy with the fit. Wanted to spend a few days with the PYTHON. Walking away from it, walking up on it, driving with it. I will be doing a few small changes to the final piece but most of what you see here will remain. The hidden supports linking all the vents together works fantastic and the angles really look great. It looks bitchin’ on the car and I feel comfortable with this being something I would put my name behind. All that said, lets talk a few details and move onto taking deposits.
Production Order
From the start of this project I have taken down names and email addresses of interested parties. That list has been established in chronological order and will be adhered to in terms of fulfillment of orders. I want to hook up all the bro’s as quickly as I can, but this is just the simplest method. A few people cancelled and came back in, so you were added back on based on when you decided to join. Everyone on my initial list will have until February 5th, 2020 to get a deposit in and have your initial spot reserved. After that you will just be added in chronological order.
Production Timeline
Production will be done as quickly as possible without sacrificing build quality. The more orders I can solidify and commit to at once, the more juice I have in getting time dedicated to building these. I initially have an expectation to ship 10 PYTHON’s every month. This reduces wait time between each set being completed. The first batch will take about 6 weeks, but everything after that will take approximately one month. This may go faster if I can leverage having more on order. Based on where you fall with your reservation after the first week I can provide a better idea of when you will receive yours.
Deposit Format
I am going to setup a Paypal.me link and post it below. You will need to drop in a $600 deposit that lists your name, shipping address, and the type of carbon vent you want. I will reply with an invoice that shows the total cost of your PYTHON, amount you deposited, and your place in production. The remainder of the payment will be due once the vents go into production. After the first week anyone that has not placed a deposit will be taken off my existing list. If you decide to join in later you will fall back in the current chronological order. Deposits are refundable in full, but if you pull out and join in later you will be expected to pay in full.
Upgraded High Temperature UV clear
In the interest of longevity, I will be moving to the highest possible temperature UV clear for the hood vent. The coating is good up to 300 degrees Celsius and exceeds that of most engine enamels. This may have a small change in pricing, but nothing to write home about.
Underside Finishing
The current pricing for the PYTHON does not include finishing of the underside of the vent. I did not want to make that mandatory as it is purely aesthetic, and likely to create a 50% increase in cost. I basically need to create a second mold for the underside and then join the two together to make it look right. As most hoods will be closed and possibly covered by a rain tray there is no benefit other than looks. I can have the underside finished in exposed carbon, clear coated, and wet sanded like the top side. This will an individual option you can choose to pay for on a case-by-case basis.
Rain Tray Compatibility
The hood vent is being made to accept all OEM hardware and maintain functionality. Provisions for the rain tray hardware are there, but none is included. You have the option of swapping over the receiving hardware from your OEM vent. What I think will be fast is installing a rivnut to accept your OEM fasteners. This will be a simple undertaking, but I will do my best to pilot it for you first.
Costs
  • Gloss Twill Carbon (2x2 weave): $1298.00
  • Matte Twill Carbon (2x2 weave): $1058.00
  • Gloss Forged Carbon: $1398.00
  • Matte Forged Carbon: $1098.00
Deposit Link
This link will be open until my website is up and running. A $600 deposit with your name, address, phone number, and carbon vent type requested. If you have any questions, feel free to direct message or email me. There is a good chance I could miss your comment so email me for sure if you need something. I think this covers all bases, but please message me otherwise.
PayPal Link: https://paypal.me/GT500PYTHON?locale.x=en_US
Email: [email protected]

PYTHON Hood Vent (1).JPG
PYTHON Hood Vent (2).JPG
PYTHON Hood Vent (3).JPG
PYTHON Hood Vent (4).JPG
PYTHON Hood Vent (5).JPG
PYTHON Hood Vent (6).JPG

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Terrance, the paypal link didn't work. I sent the paypal to your usual paypal account, $600 net to you. Gloss weave as I mentioned before.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Terrance, the paypal link didn't work. I sent the paypal to your usual paypal account, $600 net to you. Gloss weave as I mentioned before.
Thanks for the update T. Got it fixed and deposit received
Sponsored