Sponsored

Exhibitions Of Speed - PYTHON GT500 Hood Vent Project

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Josh: I guess I should have been clearer with my statement, sorry about that. My point was an entire CF hood from one of the most expensive CF manufacturers on the planet is only $1600. T is saying that he is trying to keep the cost of just the vent below $2k. I believe the original statement was "quite inexpensive" or similar, wasn't it, Terrance? Something seems out of whack.

With all due respect, Terrance, in this case, I thought "less than a grand" was "inexpensive." Clearly my estimation was incorrect. And, if the final price is that much, I'm afraid you'll have another available for someone else as that's simply too rich for my blood.

KB
I have to agree KB. That was my expectation as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The goal here is only to make the best vent, not the cheapest. US production, hand laid carbon fiber, CNC post machining, clear coating, and wet sanding will not be cheap. Factor in the custom boxes, packaging, shipping, and applicable taxes. Nothing done here is to cut corners. Pricing will land where it needs to.

Keep in mind the factory vent from Ford is over $2000. Pricing from Ford on their carbon fiber vent is likely to eclipse that

When final pricing is announced based on the finishing you select I hope it works for everyone. But if not, I totally understand. Everyone has to spend their money as they see fit. I’ve had experience with cheap carbon fiber. I’m going to make sure you don’t.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Well put T.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
In fairness guys, looking at the Anderson Stuff the ie. splitter wickers, are a grand and certainly these are not nearly as complex as the vent.
2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 Front Splitter Wickers | Anderson Composites

Anderson is going to make a vent as well as lower splitter as well, I imagine these will eclipse 2k. Who knows, the hood which is huge is priced less, perhaps their R and D is less, I don't know. I do know, CF parts are expensive and in many aspects of life, you get what you pay for.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks T and I am the first person to agree with,

"You get what you paid for..."

..so I I get what you said and I'll chalk it up to wishful thinking on my part. You can take me off the list though Terrance, I'm in the bote where I'd rather put the money towards other things (like wheels.) :-)

KB

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
In fairness guys, looking at the Anderson Stuff the ie. splitter wickers, are a grand and certainly these are not nearly as complex as the vent.
2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 Front Splitter Wickers | Anderson Composites

Anderson is going to make a vent as well as lower splitter as well, I imagine these will eclipse 2k. Who knows, the hood which is huge is priced less, perhaps their R and D is less, I don't know. I do know, CF parts are expensive and in many aspects of life, you get what you pay for.
Yes, you are accurate. I am not buying one of T's vents because I honestly like the stock one, and see no need to change it. I also do not want to start throwing carbon fiber at the outside of my car. I have done this on previous cars, and before I knew it, I was out WAY too many thousands to admit. I don't want to go down that worm hole again. I think what he has come up with is pretty cool though.

However, and to be the devils advocate........

Ford priced the plastic unit at ~$2000 with the intention to make it POOR (priced out of range), as to keep the imitators ay bay. If that was the purpose of the high price, shouldn't a product that is trying to be successful be priced correctly, and not just based on what we all can agree is a ridiculous price?

Admittedly I have zero idea what it takes to bring an item like this to market. Obviously it needs to fetch enough money to make it profitable. I just do not think the argument should be "hey, the Ford plastic one is $2,000"..... as if this is a good deal.

If 90 out of 100 people would not buy the factory vent because it's overpriced, wouldn't you want to target the 90 people by pricing it correctly, and not target the 10 people who will spend the money?

I have no dog in this race, I do not want the hood vent, just sayin'.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Keep in mind the factory vent from Ford is over $2000. Pricing from Ford on their carbon fiber vent is likely to eclipse that
Now be fair, that price doesn't mean sqwat. That is an overly inflated price, just like the wing, hood latches, etc.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Yeah, Of course to each his of her own. I think with the CFTP a few more well done CF accents would be awesome and add to the already stunning character of the CFTP. OF course you know what they say about opinions....

Sponsored

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
I assume still no word from FP/AC about theirs. I'd be surprised if they priced it higher than the hood, fenders, wing, etc.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Joe Gatt is selling is GT500 and he has the Anderson composite carbon fiber hood vent. In his post, he states it’s selling for around $2000 when it’s released later this year.

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
Joe Gatt is selling is GT500 and he has the Anderson composite carbon fiber hood vent. In his post, he states it’s selling for around $2000 when it’s released later this year.
How much is Joe Gatt asking for it?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I assume still no word from FP/AC about theirs. I'd be surprised if they priced it higher than the hood, fenders, wing, etc.
I would buy from Terrance before I bought from AC. Looks like no CF anything in my future.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
105k. He also has a new set of carbon fiber wheels still in the box and new cup 2 tires. He will throw those in for another 20k.
Sponsored