Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Watch out now! 3D printing proved to be fairly complex but we have the finished pieces being bonded and braced.

Next week we test fit, photograph, and prepare for the next step. Building the molds, CNC fixture, and first production vent.

I want to get these under your Christmas trees.

2DFBF674-7F2A-4170-9DE8-0A2607FFFC02.jpeg
Sponsored

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Watch out now! 3D printing proved to be fairly complex but we have the finished pieces being bonded and braced.

Next week we test fit, photograph, and prepare for the next step. Building the molds, CNC fixture, and first production vent.

I want to get these under your Christmas trees.

2DFBF674-7F2A-4170-9DE8-0A2607FFFC02.jpeg
Looks beautiful, can’t wait to see more. Keep up the great work.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Skwibbs: I wondered about what you said so I did some Photoshop measuring and as I suspected, front to back, the "scales" of the Python are proportioonately smaller as they move to the rear which, me thinks, is exactly how actual snake scales would be. Personally, I like it more better than evenly spaced fixed sizes.

I can't wait to see the final product, it's going to be frickin' gorgeous.

KB

python-scale-measurements.jpg

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Skwibbs: I wondered about what you said so I did some Photoshop measuring and as I suspected, front to back, the "scales" of the Python are proportioonately smaller as they move to the rear which, me thinks, is exactly how actual snake scales would be. Personally, I like it more better than evenly spaced fixed sizes.

KB

Damn, you're right. I wasn't seeing it that way. I still think the back one is a little small, the jump from 150 to 100 is noticable compared to the incremental changes to the others.

Still very excited to see it on the actual car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yeah, looks fantastic. The only slight niggle my eye can see is how the last "gill" or vent flap is smaller than all the rest.

KB

good eye guys. Couple things to keep in mind though.

the 3D print won’t be 100 accurate to the final vent. When molded the vent comes out as one solid piece. From there it goes into a fixture and gets reworked by the CNC machine. In that process is where you make all of the adjustments to make sure the vents do not overlap and have the same sizing.

What we are shooting for here is verify as much of the mounting holes, tabs, and other clearances. We will get a very good feeling for how everything looks, with the final piece in carbon as the true representation

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Man that looks pretty sweet! Jealous we don't have something like that for the 350, atleast with out minor/major modification.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
GT500 PYTHON Hood Vent Update
Got the 3D printed PYTHON hood vent back and installed. Initial test fit went great, with just a few small changes that need to be made. The placement of all the mounting holes is perfect, so there is nothing to change there. We are just going to ensure all of the vent overlap is the same, adjusting contours to work well with carbon fiber, make sure all the vent angles match, and maybe make it a little more pissed off.
Couple hours of CAD work over the weekend and then we are off to start the mold. I did learn that 3D printed parts do not like heat. The short drive over to the photo location caused a small amount of distortion in the rear vents, so if you see any waves in the pics after my driveway do not worry.
Initial production will still be limited to 15 units just to ensure everything is right before going full on. If you are interested in one of these and have not already expressed an interest let me know so I can add you to my mailing list. We are on to something really good here.
Pricing still needs to be finalized but I want to be under the $2000 mark. With the holidays in front of us I hope to have some built before the end of the year.
Happy Thanksgiving!

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-1.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-2.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-3.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-4.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-5.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-6.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-7.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-9.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-10.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-11.JPG

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
GT500 PYTHON Hood Vent Update
Got the 3D printed PYTHON hood vent back and installed. Initial test fit went great, with just a few small changes that need to be made. The placement of all the mounting holes is perfect, so there is nothing to change there. We are just going to ensure all of the vent overlap is the same, adjusting contours to work well with carbon fiber, make sure all the vent angles match, and maybe make it a little more pissed off.
Couple hours of CAD work over the weekend and then we are off to start the mold. I did learn that 3D printed parts do not like heat. The short drive over to the photo location caused a small amount of distortion in the rear vents, so if you see any waves in the pics after my driveway do not worry.
Initial production will still be limited to 15 units just to ensure everything is right before going full on. If you are interested in one of these and have not already expressed an interest let me know so I can add you to my mailing list. We are on to something really good here.
Pricing still needs to be finalized but I want to be under the $2000 mark. With the holidays in front of us I hope to have some built before the end of the year.
Happy Thanksgiving!

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-1.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-2.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-3.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-4.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-5.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-6.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-7.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-9.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-10.JPG

PYTHON GT500 3D Printed Test Fit-11.JPG
Loving this, make sure I’m on the list.

Sponsored

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
Looking great. Still in!

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm definitely in but I did gulp a bit at the pricing, T. You do know that AC sells an entire CF hood for sixteen bones, yes?

KB
Yes, however the couple of places I've seen, the vent is not included (uses stock vent).

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
There will be one more available to the rest of you, as I will not be getting one.

I applaud Terrance and the parties involved, this is a pretty good thing in general. Pretty great to see new ideas, and new visions being carried out. My decision would be different if I wasn't completely happy with the factory engineered vent, and there is a CF version of it as well.

"POOR"

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Yes, however the couple of places I've seen, the vent is not included (uses stock vent).
Josh: I guess I should have been clearer with my statement, sorry about that. My point was an entire CF hood from one of the most expensive CF manufacturers on the planet is only $1600. T is saying that he is trying to keep the cost of just the vent below $2k. I believe the original statement was "quite inexpensive" or similar, wasn't it, Terrance? Something seems out of whack.

With all due respect, Terrance, in this case, I thought "less than a grand" was "inexpensive." Clearly my estimation was incorrect. And, if the final price is that much, I'm afraid you'll have another available for someone else as that's simply too rich for my blood.

KB
Sponsored