Exhibitions Of Speed - PYTHON GT500 Hood Vent Project

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
hmm, I wonder if he's getting a Maclaren as well......

Damn, this 500 must be a real POS, lol

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That is an overly inflated price, just like the wing, hood latches, etc.
I can relate to that.

I've learned to balk initially and then work your way up by rationalizing in any way possible. You then bump it up a notch by throwing "you can't live forever/only live once" into the equation and voila! You got what you wanted all along and made it past the internal bean counter!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
[/QUOTE]
I can relate to that.

I've learned to balk initially and then work your way up by rationalizing in any way possible. You then bump it up a notch by throwing "you can't live forever/only live once" into the equation and voila! You got what you wanted all along and made it past the internal bean counter!
I was referring to the overly inflated Ford OEM price for the vent. But since you bring it up, I see inflation elsewhere too.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Didn't you get a carbon fiber hood? Or were going to get one. Sorry if I missed it.
It went horribly wrong. There will be no AC anything in my future.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tomster said:
I was referring to the overly inflated Ford OEM price for the vent. But since you bring it up, I see inflation elsewhere too.
I know exactly what you meant and I agree with you. My point was that you reach a point well past sticker shock and learn to research the shit out of things and (sort of) give up and pay the piper. To me, for something well done and maybe difficult to obtain, you go for it and then move on to the next one.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
[QUOTE="Tomster]
I know exactly what you meant and I agree with you. My point was that you reach a point well past sticker shock and learn to research the shit out of things and give up and pay the piper. To me, for something well done and maybe difficult to obtain, you go for it and then move on to the next one.
[/QUOTE]
Eh, for that kind of money, whats the point? its cosmetic. Its not going to decrease the weight of the car or do anything except give it a different look. Im all for expression and such, but that is a lot of money that gets you (what)?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tomster said:
Eh, for that kind of money, whats the point? its cosmetic. Its not going to decrease the weight of the car or do anything except give it a different look. Im all for expression and such, but that is a lot of money that gets you (what)?
Thankfully, none here ascribe to such fiscal sense or we wouldn't be here! This whole experience is expression in the form of silly stupid power all rolled up in a fat lady begging to sing. I wouldn't have it any other way.:)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thankfully, none here ascribe to such fiscal sense or we wouldn't be here! This whole experience is expression in the form of silly stupid power all rolled up in a fat lady begging to sing. I wouldn't have it any other way.:)
I love the way you think Tob. You can’t take it with you. I for one am certainly not lol.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I dont know..... i think I'm fiscally responsible..... maybe?

$2k for a cosmetic oooo, ahhhh as opposed to a set of cup 2s or a track weekend....

Hmm, let me think about that.
Sponsored