Sponsored

Exhaust Set-UP (Borla vs AWE)

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Hello! Currently in the market for a exhaust set up for my 2019 Mustang GT and I narrowed it down to two options. Borla S-TYPE and AWE TOURING.

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of these systems in person or why they went with one or the other?

I really like the Borla for its unique tone but something about that AWE with the H-pipe and how deep it sounds is really nice too. I not sure which way to go so would appreciate the help!
Sponsored

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
Hello! Currently in the market for a exhaust set up for my 2019 Mustang GT and I narrowed it down to two options. Borla S-TYPE and AWE TOURING.

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of these systems in person or why they went with one or the other?

I really like the Borla for its unique tone but something about that AWE with the H-pipe and how deep it sounds is really nice too. I not sure which way to go so would appreciate the help!
. I’ve installed the Borla S-Type axel back with an H pipe & the video clips don’t do it justice. So much better live in person !

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Both are great, hard to say, just have to go with which one you like the most via Youtube clips.

We can get you great prices for both units, feel free to reach out to us via text.

213 394 2886.

-Josh

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I bought the car with an MBRP street with H pipe, I now have the S Type with its X pipe. I like the Borla better than the MBRP hands down, but YMMV. Not sure on the AWE.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The cars ive heard from awe I like the tone a lot. I like all exhausr but prefer the awe’s

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I went from Borla S Type to AWE Switchpath. AWE FTW.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I have long tubes. Went from Corsa Xtreme, cut off the mufflers, kept the double x, added AWE Touring rear section. By far my favorite exhaust combo so far on this car. More character down low in the rpms, still screams up top, 0 drone.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I've been reading and watching a lot of videos too. I think Im gonna with the AWE Touring

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I have long tubes. Went from Corsa Xtreme, cut off the mufflers, kept the double x, added AWE Touring rear section. By far my favorite exhaust combo so far on this car. More character down low in the rpms, still screams up top, 0 drone.
Did you buy the entire AWE Touring catback and then only use the muffler section of it or did you buy just the rear of the AWE? I'm in a similar situation with deciding between these two and only the Borla S Type comes in axle back form but not the AWE from what I can see. I already have an H Pipe so not looking to buy a whole catback system.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Did you buy the entire AWE Touring catback and then only use the muffler section of it or did you buy just the rear of the AWE? I'm in a similar situation with deciding between these two and only the Borla S Type comes in axle back form but not the AWE from what I can see. I already have an H Pipe so not looking to buy a whole catback system.
I reached out to AWE directly. Since I had 3" piping already they sent me just the rear section of the catback.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I've been reading and watching a lot of videos too. I think Im gonna with the AWE Touring
We have some touring units in stock, ready to ship, let us know if we can help.

-Josh

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Best would be hear it in person, then decide. I listen to pretty much all the exhaust on YouTube and pick the borla atak cat back. I did not think it would be that Loud, but it is very loud when you hear it in person. I would have picked the s-type, but I learned to get used to it now.

borla does sound good
Sponsored