Sponsored

Exhaust Options, I want your opinions and experiences

Deleted member 35786

The problem with that system and pretty every system that people keep saying "Oh it sounds slightly better than MBRP!" is that it costs $1,600. I just don't have that kind of money to spend on an exhaust, that's why MBRP is so enticing to me. Now, if someone of the forums is selling a used catback and it's priced right, yeah I'll go for it. I just don't see the point in buying a new $1,500+ catback, when I like the sound of the MBRP enough at $600.
$1500 noise maker.. LOL Totally agree with you. There are plenty of good axle backs and others for a fraction of the cost that sound just fine.
Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I haven’t had a corsa exhaust on any of my cars so I can’t speak from personal experience, just from what I’ve heard.

You’re actually fairly close to me, maybe I could see what yours sounds like sometime?
Absolutely Shoot me a DM. Also check out my profile I've posted a video or two of the setup on here. And if you use Instagram check out my page, I've posted tons of videos of the setup.

BLKIGHT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm wondering why I haven't seen more mustang owners go with just a muffler delete(?) I have that on my 17 GT and it sounds amazing. If you like leather and it had a sound I think it be that lol. But really, Just the muffler delete has a tone that has the sound of a V8 very very deep at low rpms and a very nice tone at higher. It especially surprised me with the sound from down shifting eg going up hills. Sounds smooth.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I have AWE touring axlebacks and love the tone..... NO DRONE!!!!! Quiet on the highway and growls when you walk on it. A “little” loud in a garage on cold start, but quiets quickly.

I would do the same exhaust again, if I have the need

Loving every minute of it and CJPP has them on sale now. For that price, its a steal

https://www.cjponyparts.com/awe-axl...th-4-chrome-silver-tips-gt-2015-2017/p/CBAW7/

Last edited:
Reactions: A7X

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I'm wondering why I haven't seen more mustang owners go with just a muffler delete(?) I have that on my 17 GT and it sounds amazing. If you like leather and it had a sound I think it be that lol. But really, Just the muffler delete has a tone that has the sound of a V8 very very deep at low rpms and a very nice tone at higher. It especially surprised me with the sound from down shifting eg going up hills. Sounds smooth.
It's probably more unrefined for some and tends to drone vs other setups.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I have AWE touring axlebacks and love the tone..... NO DRONE!!!!! Quiet on the highway and growls when you walk on it. A “little” loud in a garage on cold start, but quiets quickly.

I would do the same exhaust again, if I have the need

Loving every minute of it and CJPP has them on sale now. For that price, its a steal

https://www.cjponyparts.com/awe-axl...th-4-chrome-silver-tips-gt-2015-2017/p/CBAW7/
Flowtech claims no drone for half the price. Anyone try these? Not discounting AWE at all but this might be worth looking into for budget minded folks.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/flowtec...polished-tips-fastback-gt-2015-2017/p/CBFLT1/

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Flowtech claims no drone for half the price. Anyone try these? Not discounting AWE at all but this might be worth looking into for budget minded folks.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/flowtec...polished-tips-fastback-gt-2015-2017/p/CBFLT1/
Good find!! Flow tech says no drone, but I watched the video and Bill claims something there, not boomy drone, but he says something there, but not annoying.

Anyway, sounds deep, but when bill left the parking lot I heard an almost “Fuzzy” sound... if that makes sense

But for the price, like you said for budget minded people, it’s worth a look IMO.

Deleted member 35786

Good find!! Flow tech says no drone, but I watched the video and Bill claims something there, not boomy drone, but he says something there, but not annoying.

Anyway, sounds deep, but when bill left the parking lot I heard an almost “Fuzzy” sound... if that makes sense

But for the price, like you said for budget minded people, it’s worth a look IMO.
Also every camera/microphone will sound different so it is extremely difficult to say without using your own ear. There are hardly any reviews on this product when you google it. This is basically the Legato exhaust just under a different name.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
A muffler delete seems like it would be very loud.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I also want to pull the trigger on an exhaust but can't decide for the life of me. I live in a condo so I'm planning to build some silencers for cold starts. The muffler delete option is appealing I'm just worried since a lot of people say it sounds so bad. I've heard headers, X pipe, and muffler deletes in person and I thought it sounded great. I do like the sound of some catbacks though, like Solo Performance and AWE. But I also am really curious about a basic Flowmaster muffler where the resonator is and be done with it. So many options out there it's hard to decide on something without spending tons of money swapping different systems.

I'd really prefer a setup that did not crackle and pop on decel and between shifts. That much I do know. Which systems those are though I have no idea unfortunately.

I also have a feeling no matter which route I take I'm probably going to be impressed and love it because of the improvement over stock. Lol. I love how the car sounds from the cabin when driving stock, but I know from the outside its really quiet, and I'd like to bump that up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I also want to pull the trigger on an exhaust but can't decide for the life of me. I live in a condo so I'm planning to build some silencers for cold starts. The muffler delete option is appealing I'm just worried since a lot of people say it sounds so bad. I've heard headers, X pipe, and muffler deletes in person and I thought it sounded great. I do like the sound of some catbacks though, like Solo Performance and AWE. But I also am really curious about a basic Flowmaster muffler where the resonator is and be done with it. So many options out there it's hard to decide on something without spending tons of money swapping different systems.

I'd really prefer a setup that did not crackle and pop on decel and between shifts. That much I do know. Which systems those are though I have no idea unfortunately.

I also have a feeling no matter which route I take I'm probably going to be impressed and love it because of the improvement over stock. Lol. I love how the car sounds from the cabin when driving stock, but I know from the outside its really quiet, and I'd like to bump that up.
I feel you, I really want a better sound coming from my car, but cold starts is what's holding me back (due to the apartment complex I live, my car is very close to other people's windows, and I drive my Mustang to work every morning), BUT I want an exhaust that crackles and pops, hahahah

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I feel you, I really want a better sound coming from my car, but cold starts is what's holding me back (due to the apartment complex I live, my car is very close to other people's windows, and I drive my Mustang to work every morning), BUT I want an exhaust that crackles and pops, hahahah
You should look into making exhaust silencers. I am planning to do this exactly for that, cold starts for when I leave at 430am for work every day. I will find the link to the one I plan to try and replicate. It uses motorcycle exhaust baffles from Amazon.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
You should look into making exhaust silencers. I am planning to do this exactly for that, cold starts for when I leave at 430am for work every day. I will find the link to the one I plan to try and replicate. It uses motorcycle exhaust baffles from Amazon.
cool, lemme know, please.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Here you go. Post 34 shows a picture. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/quiet-cold-starts.68962/page-2
I can't remember if it was this guy or another similar one but someone said it reduced a corsa extreme cold start volume to below stock volume, which is insane to think, but exactly what I'd want.

I believe there are other pics as well in that thread, or others out there. Actually here are just a bunch of links I saved that are related:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/exhaust-silencers.110227/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/exhaust-questions-i-already-know-what-i-want.99772/page-2
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/muffling-cold-start-exhaust-db-levels.104884/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/any-way-to-reduce-or-lower-the-exhaust-sound-of-a-cold-start.99901/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/quiet-cold-starts.68962/

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
I've been wanting an exhaust for years now and finally bought the Steeda H pipe resonator delete and Roush ABs...install is this Saturday....can.not.wait.

I've listened to several every videos on this forum, read just about every review on AM, CJ...etc....and just finally made a decision.

if it's too loud, then it's too loud....that's kinda what I want. My concern for loudness is that it's too loud for me inside the car, not so much on the outside. But I have a feeling I am going to love it way more than the stock exhaust.
Sponsored