Sponsored

Exhaust Options, I want your opinions and experiences

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
SLP Loudmouth 2 axle back is real nice. It is basically a roush that is quieted down a bit with more packing.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/slp-lm2-axleback-2015gt.html
Yeah, that's another one I want to try.

I'll have to research a bit more about AWE, seems like an interesting choice.

And regarding the Corsa, my best friend has Sport Cat back, and I've ridden with him and driven his car quite a lot and have never experienced drone. I have experienced drone on a Borla S Type, tho

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Save yourself the hassle and just get the AWE touring. Best exhaust for coyote cars, period. Itā€™s loud enough that no one will mistake whether itā€™s stock or not, but itā€™s far from corsa extreme sound levels too. It has excellent tone with a nice growl, as well as all the pops and burbles that come with an x pipe. It sounds good from idle, all the way to 7k. To me, every other exhaust is either too quiet, doesnā€™t sound good at all, or the sound goes to complete shit when at wot or high rpmā€™s. The only other exhaust I considered was the corsa sport but a lot of reviews said there was apparent drone at speed. This is all subjective obviously but the AWE touring was the only exhaust that checked all the boxes
I have the Corsa Sport, before Headers there was literally 0 drone. Could easily be mistaken for a factory option exhaust with the amount of refinement. With headers, still no drone.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah, that's another one I want to try.

I'll have to research a bit more about AWE, seems like an interesting choice.

And regarding the Corsa, my best friend has Sport Cat back, and I've ridden with him and driven his car quite a lot and have never experienced drone. I have experienced drone on a Borla S Type, tho
Only reason I don't consider the AWE is because of the factory 2.5" connect option. They don't offer a full 3" option like the others do. Unless something has changed and now they do, but initially they did not. I would think it's a very simple addition to add.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I have the Corsa Sport, before Headers there was literally 0 drone. Could easily be mistaken for a factory option exhaust with the amount of refinement. With headers, still no drone.
Agreed. Went Corsa Xtreme then added LTH then added a pair of vibrants and 0 drone on any of the setups.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I havenā€™t had a corsa exhaust on any of my cars so I canā€™t speak from personal experience, just from what Iā€™ve heard.

Youā€™re actually fairly close to me, maybe I could see what yours sounds like sometime?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I try to break this down as easy as I can for anyone.

If you plan on headers down the road or soon, start with the cat backs at medium volume or mild while stock. They will still be very loud once you add headers, but a tolerable loud. Systems in this area are the Corsa Sport, Krona Catback, AWE Touring, and I think MBRP is as well.

If no header plans, you can do a Corsa Extreme style one and it sounds great if you still want the loudness without being too crazy or raspy.

I've seen too many owners start with the Extremes, Ataks, Roush axlebacks, or another similar setup in loudness that add headers and instantly regret it. Always think long term on what you want to do, not short term. Ends up costing you more in the long run since you wanted it loud, but not that type of loud. People underestimate the volume headers add.

For those that have headers with Extremes or similar and enjoy it, well, more power to ya. Not everyone's cup of tea with all the rasp and pissing off your neighbors, but some do enjoy that life.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I just ordered the borla s type. Curious how it will sound considering I have a roush blower on the car...

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda axle back, $470.00 looks and sounds amazing. You don't have to do anything else. Save your money.
Plus we have forum discounts too :) - thanks for the shout-out!!

TJ

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Save yourself the hassle and just get the AWE touring. Best exhaust for coyote cars, period. Itā€™s loud enough that no one will mistake whether itā€™s stock or not, but itā€™s far from corsa extreme sound levels too. It has excellent tone with a nice growl, as well as all the pops and burbles that come with an x pipe. It sounds good from idle, all the way to 7k. To me, every other exhaust is either too quiet, doesnā€™t sound good at all, or the sound goes to complete shit when at wot or high rpmā€™s. The only other exhaust I considered was the corsa sport but a lot of reviews said there was apparent drone at speed. This is all subjective obviously but the AWE touring was the only exhaust that checked all the boxes
The problem with that system and pretty every system that people keep saying "Oh it sounds slightly better than MBRP!" is that it costs $1,600. I just don't have that kind of money to spend on an exhaust, that's why MBRP is so enticing to me. Now, if someone of the forums is selling a used catback and it's priced right, yeah I'll go for it. I just don't see the point in buying a new $1,500+ catback, when I like the sound of the MBRP enough at $600.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Plus we have forum discounts too :) - thanks for the shout-out!!

TJ
See now this is what I was talking about! One of my original plans was a Steeda H-pipe and the Steeda axle back. Sounds good, superior quality, and about the same price as an MBRP catback.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The problem with that system and pretty every system that people keep saying "Oh it sounds slightly better than MBRP!" is that it costs $1,600. I just don't have that kind of money to spend on an exhaust, that's why MBRP is so enticing to me. Now, if someone of the forums is selling a used catback and it's priced right, yeah I'll go for it. I just don't see the point in buying a new $1,500+ catback, when I like the sound of the MBRP enough at $600.
Totally fair point here $1500 for a catback is ridiculous. I picked up my $1500 Corsa Sport catback off a member off here close to me for $800 in great like new condition. When I'm done with it I'll sell it back to someone else for $800. Takes more effort and patience than buying new, but absolutely worth it if you ask me.
Sponsored