Exhaust in California

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
hmm. for some reason i doubt the noise thing would apply to a car not registered in that state. however, they could try to be a jerk and get me for something else i suppose. fortunately ill be leaving soon.
Logic and reason don't always work with the cops out here lol. For example, if you come from Canada you can drive here with your Canadian drivers license. The guy from DDE still got a ticket from a beverly hills cop because he did not have a california drivers license. The driver explained the law to him and showed him paperwork, the cop didn't care and said "to drive a vehicle in california you need a california drivers license". A lot of it can be plain ignorance about the law on the cops part. Long story short he still got a ticket lol. Video below but this is typically what CA cops act like (in most of my experience).

Sponsored

Last edited:

FsanchezS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GTPremium
I'm tempted to put that double helix X pipe on my Sport to make it an Extreme... I live closer to downtown so I may have more noise issues than someone in Palmdale :frown:
ohhh! 100% lol I’m all desert. It’s so much louder in LA I’m not gonna lie! WOT heaven!

RGV250F3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Lightning Blue , 1983 GT5.0, 1974 Camaro Mighty Mouse 415c.i.SB
It’s completely up to the cop, I’ve been let go when I should have been cited and I’ve also been given false tickets and told I was evading arrest. I don’t think they write fix it tickets for exhaust anymore it’s a fine. 95db at idle I believe.

AB 1824 enables law enforcement to issue immediate fines for violating exhaust levels. Prior to 2019 police officers issued so-called “fix it” tickets, enabling you to fix your vehicle’s exhaust system within 30 days, provide proof, and avoid paying paying fines. As of 2019 fines are mandatory, and can range upwards of $1,000.
AB1824 was reversed, prob. 6 months ago.. It is now only fix it ticket, once again. Thank you- SEMA.. My new Corsa Extreme will be going back on, and i live in a small ass town in the Eastern Seirra, Ca. Just idle it through town no w.o.t. unless i am on some quiet back roads.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
AB1824 was reversed, prob. 6 months ago.. It is now only fix it ticket, once again. Thank you- SEMA.. My new Corsa Extreme will be going back on, and i live in a small ass town in the Eastern Seirra, Ca. Just idle it through town no w.o.t. unless i am on some quiet back roads.
Good info to have as I get my headers installed. :like:

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
You'll probably be in it for more than a ticket if for some reason an officer on the side of the road notices the headers.
They gonna jack up the car and look underneath on the side of the road?

Or do you mean during install? In that case..hopefully the garage is closed

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
New cars get their first smog check after 5 years. So I have a 2015 Gt and will have to get it smogged next year.
Cali is 8 yrs. now.
Sponsored