Sponsored

Exhaust - Go cheap or pony up the cash (Corsa Sport)

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My opinion is that if you are on a budget, simply change the mufflers out and leave the stock resonator. You can always go back later and put in an X or H pipe if you want more sound. Roush, Borla, Corsa, top names. If you have the money and want to buy complete catback, spend enough to get a good engineered system that will have predicable results.
That is not a bad way to do it. Pretty smart, because it takes drone out of the equation.
Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I don't think you'd make a wrong decision either way. It's just about what you like. The Borla is more throaty down low and idle, and has a great overall muscle tone. The Corsa is milder at low RPM and nearly silent at cruising speeds, but when you open it up it just builds and builds and screams. I wouldn't say the Sport has as much of the 'exotic' flair like the Xtreme, but it definitely retains most of the high rpm character while being much more refined and more rich & full sounding.
that is why I want to hear those exhaust in person, so I would only buy it once and that's it.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I posted my exhaust clip in the frankenstein exhaust thread. Or search me on youtube

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
So does anyone have any experience with a Steeda H pipe, with their axle backs?

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
yeah i can't do drone. my steeda axleback sounds amazing and has 0 drone. under 500 bucks too

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with spending money on the systems engineered to eliminate drone because I don't want it. However, I do have to say some of the less expensive systems sound great from outside the car. I was at a car meet earlier this year and a black 18+ GT drove by before turning into the lot. It sounded GREAT (too loud for me but the tone was fantastic). I asked him what his setup was, and he said Flowmaster Outlaws axle back with resonator delete X-pipe. I know those Outlaws can be "dronemasters." Someone I know had them with an H-pipe. He said the drone was tolerable, until he went catless and then his wife didn't want to ride in the car any more, lol.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
here is my steeda axleback with stock everything else. i love it

Sounds good! I was considering the Steeda axle back vs. the Roush when I was looking. I ended up finding a used Roush for sale so went with that.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I have extra money to spend on changing exhaust, it would probably be for one of the three:

AWE
Corsa
Krona

I got a STUPID good deal on a Pypes H Bomb 3” catback, with inserts that let you adapt to the 2.5” cat piping or full 3”. It was like $375... shipped... new.. it’s a mid-mount muffler (resonator, really) catback and I like it for the fact it’s unique alone.

Yes, I had to bend the hangers to get the tips lined up but other than that, it’s gravy and sounds unique. It’s definitely loud. It doesn’t have the quality or crafted tone of more expensive systems, but I do like how it sounds and have gotten multiple compliments.

That being said - the three I listed just sound so good.. it is worth spending the $.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I agree with spending money on the systems engineered to eliminate drone because I don't want it. However, I do have to say some of the less expensive systems sound great from outside the car. I was at a car meet earlier this year and a black 18+ GT drove by before turning into the lot. It sounded GREAT (too loud for me but the tone was fantastic). I asked him what his setup was, and he said Flowmaster Outlaws axle back with resonator delete X-pipe. I know those Outlaws can be "dronemasters." Someone I know had them with an H-pipe. He said the drone was tolerable, until he went catless and then his wife didn't want to ride in the car any more, lol.
The outlaw is basically a muffler delete. I thought the tone of my Pypes muffler delete was excellent below 4,000RPM, it sounded extremely meaty and deep. My only criticism is that above that RPM, it's just excessive noise for the most part. Most engineered systems seem to focus on one side of this RPM or the other.

Also worth considering that any drone is tolerable if you only drive the car for 30 minutes at a time, lol.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Definitely worth the extra money to get a quality sounds exhaust with zero drone. CL, offer up, FB marketplace, and the forums are great places to find a used setup. Just in this thread look at how many people have had more than one exhaust setup as well as those trading in for something different. Always something for sale, just need to look. Exhaust is hard to beat up too, it’s all metal.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Definitely worth the extra money to get a quality sounds exhaust with zero drone. CL, offer up, FB marketplace, and the forums are great places to find a used setup. Just in this thread look at how many people have had more than one exhaust setup as well as those trading in for something different. Always something for sale, just need to look. Exhaust is hard to beat up too, it’s all metal.
And the good ones are 304SS, meaning outside of a little (removable) tarnish, they're good to go for years even with miles. It's a good idea to get new clamps though, as those stretch and yield (creep) over time.

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I wanted to retain that coyote sound and just bump it up a tad so it sounded as good as it drove. I didn't want straight pipe loud as I've herd several S550's that way and it makes me cringe in horror the tone is so terrible. Drone was my second major factor. I had to not have any Drone. I went with the Ford Borla Attack system that is a 2.5" system. Sound is amazing and I have zero drone. I was worried about 75mph cruise on the interstate as the stock exhaust was already to loud in that area. Turns out the Borla is quieter to my perception at 75mph. I couldn't be happier with putting out that money. Until this car I've always attempted to stay under $700 for exhaust. This time I just saved up and got what I wanted.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I wanted to retain that coyote sound and just bump it up a tad so it sounded as good as it drove. I didn't want straight pipe loud as I've herd several S550's that way and it makes me cringe in horror the tone is so terrible. Drone was my second major factor. I had to not have any Drone. I went with the Ford Borla Attack system that is a 2.5" system. Sound is amazing and I have zero drone. I was worried about 75mph cruise on the interstate as the stock exhaust was already to loud in that area. Turns out the Borla is quieter to my perception at 75mph. I couldn't be happier with putting out that money. Until this car I've always attempted to stay under $700 for exhaust. This time I just saved up and got what I wanted.
I’ve had the S Type and traded them for the ATAKs. Can’t go wrong with either. I do like the ATAKs more. Pretty aggressive at WOT and tame when just cruising. Cold starts are pretty awesome too.
Sponsored