Sponsored

Exhaust - Go cheap or pony up the cash (Corsa Sport)

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I agree after doing a muffler delete. It was just noise after a certain RPM. I went back to stock and now in gonna wait and pick up a full Borla S Type or Corsa Sport.
have you heard the borla s type or atak in person? I just wonder why you go with borla s type and not the atak one. I am still undecide s type or atak because I have not hear it in person. I listen to a bunch of them on youtube, but like most people said, you have to listen in person to really hear the true sound of it.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
have you heard the borla s type or atak in person? I just wonder why you go with borla s type and not the atak one. I am still undecide s type or atak because I have not hear it in person. I listen to a bunch of them on youtube, but like most people said, you have to listen in person to really hear the true sound of it.
Because the S type isn't as extreme as the ATAK. After already having a really loud setup I didn't like the attention factor.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Because the S type isn't as extreme as the ATAK. After already having a really loud setup I didn't like the attention factor.
I hear you. I going to cruise around and see if anybody in my area has the borla s type and atak, so I can decide what I want.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Started off with an AM h pipe into SLP LM2's. Sound was great til LT's. Then went with a Steeda x pipe. Too much rasp/drone so added resonators. Great Sound but still drone'd so went to MF Tru X. Nice smooth sound but to quiet so got Steeda H pipe. Got used FRPP/Borla touring AB from member on here. Love the sound but to loud so had resonators added behind the Steeda H. Now it sounds perfect, deep, rumbly, just some rasp on top end(like an exotic sports car). I get compliments because it doesn't sound like most of the cars in my club (Corsa). It is quiet unless WOT. Most peeps don't even know it has catless LT's on it from the idle at meets. I need to get some sound clips as some members on here want to hear her. I like the Corsa sound but want to be different.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
For those wondering about the borla. I had the s type on before the corsa. Sounded good at low rpm but kinda lost the tone in rpm. The corsa sport gives the same deeper tone down low but raises hell in upper rpm

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
For those wondering about the borla. I had the s type on before the corsa. Sounded good at low rpm but kinda lost the tone in rpm. The corsa sport gives the same deeper tone down low but raises hell in upper rpm
Yep I agree. I've had plenty of seat time in cars with the S-type. Great tone till about 4.5-5k and then it fades out. The Corsa sound is best between 3-7k. It's a little light on the low end.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I think it's OK to consider cost and there are good mid-priced systems out there, but definitely don't go with the cheapest one you can find. By the time you're done replacing it (which you will) you'll have spent more than you would have in the first place by going straight to the one you want.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Another option is to wait for a deal and get a quality exhaust at a cheap price. I got my borla catback which goes for around 1500 for 500 used on Facebook marketplace and it was like new. Of course you have to really be on the lookout for these kinds of deals and be patient.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I love my Borla S-type AB's and the FRPP X-pipe. Loud when you want, not too pricey. I found some great deals a few yeas ago on E-bay and paid just over $800 for both.

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I get only compliments with my MBRP Sport catback, both when I had the stock manifolds, and Off-road headers. No drone either, just pure sound

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I turn heads everywhere in my catted Stainless Power headers and AWE touring.

What a sound on the street and track :)

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I see a ton of exhaust threads and recommendations out there. Some people go the inexpensive route, some people pay a hefty price premium for the name brand or add'l features such as active exhaust.

When I started out I decided I wanted a louder exhaust setup. The OEM exhaust on the 15-17 GT sounds weak and tiny. So almost any aftermarket exhaust was going to suit my fancy. I just wanted it to sound more like a Mustang should.

But, I didn't want to pay $1200-1500 for the highest rated name-brand exhaust systems. So I did some research and set out to find an affordable option that sounds good. After all it's just metal pipes? I ended getting a Gibson catback and at first I really loved it. Didn't really notice the drone either at first - I was too preoccupied with the wall of sound it created.

Fast forward about 3 years later: I found out yes, it has drone. Even though there are others that drone more, it's the kind of thing that really wears on you over time. Also, it didn't really have "it". In the upper rpm range it was a little too smooth and just wasn't exciting. A friend had been trying to convince me that there better systems out there that really enhance the driving experience. I was quite skeptical. It's just metal pipes after all. Why am I going to pay $1500 for metal pipes?

Finally I'd had enough and also had another reason to change my exhaust anyway. Through much research and the advice of my friend I decided to buy a Corsa Sport catback. All I could say was WOW. I started enjoying driving so much more. The sound encourages me and spurs me on. It's exotic sounding and theatrical and quite loud when I go WOT. But it's also civilized when it needs to be and not really any drone to speak of. I can actually using higher gears/lower rpm and not get surrounded by a booming drone. Basically I'd seen the light and now understand why Corsa charges so much for it. It's worth it. I've also heard the Extreme and could have easily gone with that and been very happy.

So, the whole point of this post is I changed my mind and now see the benefit of a better driving experience. Hopefully my experience is helpful to anyone doing first mods on their Mustang and considering an aftermarket exhaust. You get what you pay for.
Honestly some of the best sounding catbacks in MY opinion are the Corsa Sports or MBRP Streets (underpriced in my opinion). We carry them here at www.lethalperformance.com

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
No drone? No. It's not horrible but it definitely drones and is super boomy in the cabin.
Dunno what to tell yeah other than for me. no drone. Haven't noticed any 'booming' in the cabin either. The wife and I can have a normal convo.
117893929_3244597522301857_899644528076678686_o.jpg

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I've heard this combination in another members car. Deep, bassy, no rasp...yes. No drone? No. It's not horrible but it definitely drones and is super boomy in the cabin.
Ugh, it's not super boomy at all. I have the same set up except I have an x pipe and it's super minimal drone if any.

Corsa is great but it's highway robbery what they charge IMO. I went full bolt on for what there catback costs lol
Sponsored