exhaust gives me headaches

omarpena86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost
Hi everyone! so I have a 2019 mustang ecoboost, I just got a MBRP race catback exhaust installed. It sounds so good, but when i accelereate in the highway, its so loud that I cant hear anything else inside the car and it gives me a headache. Its not loud when im just cruising but when i accelerate, its too loud. I dont know if its the break in period or if there's a leak, or maybe i just have to get used to it im not sure. I need help.
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Any system with "race", "attack", or "extreme" in the name is gonna be loud. Anything with "touring" in the name will be relatively quite. What you want is a system with "sport", "street", or "performance" in the name, or add a couple of resonators.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
What you want is a system with "sport", "street", or "performance" in the name, or add a couple of resonators.
Bingo. Otherwise attend a couple short track NASCAR races without ear protection (when races open up again) you’ll never have to worry about exhaust again.. it’ll be tame ;)

OP
OP

omarpena86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost
Any system with "race", "attack", or "extreme" in the name is gonna be loud. Anything with "touring" in the name will be relatively quite. What you want is a system with "sport", "street", or "performance" in the name, or add a couple of resonators.
yea make sense lol I wanted it loud from the outside but the inside of the car is loud as heck, but I will try to get used to it. Thanks!

OP
OP

omarpena86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost
Bingo. Otherwise attend a couple short track NASCAR races without ear protection (when races open up again) you’ll never have to worry about exhaust again.. it’ll be tame ;)
always wanted to go to a nascar race lol, I'll go to one when I have the chance, sounds like fun

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
always wanted to go to a nascar race lol, I'll go to one when I have the chance, sounds like fun
you’re close to Dega. I’d start there. It’s a fun track... tailgating is insane. Some of the guys with our driver have hopped in the golf carts and when through. Pretty much a frat party.

DSW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT PP
I went from Roush axle-backs to Corsa Extremes on my GT and believe it or not, there is noticeably less cabin noise with the Extremes. I've honestly been surprised at how pleasantly quiet the Corsas are at crusing speeds. Absolutely zero drone as Corsa touts. Loud, yes. But only when I want it to be.

OP, here a few threads on the noticeable cabin noise/drone related to the MBRP Race cat-backs:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mbrp-race-catback-how-bad-is-the-drone.118007/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/going-from-mbrp-race-to-street-catback.106505/

Deleted member

Have you disabled the active noise control mic in the rear of the headliner? If not it will make most exhausts unbearable while accelerating.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
yea make sense lol I wanted it loud from the outside but the inside of the car is loud as heck, but I will try to get used to it. Thanks!
You will eventually get used to it.
When I installed my mbrp RACE in my car I remember thinking "Omg what did I do!?" cuz I , too, at the time would drive highway to go to work and it was just weird.. I do believe there is a break in period, and after a while you will get used to it.

I love it in mine now. But, yes, when accelerating at a higher speed it can get a bit loud, though, not as loud that you cannot hear anything else. It is not loud enough to interfere with music listening or most conversations if I have a passenger.

If this is your first time with an exhaust, it will have more impact on you. It took me a few weeks to adjust and just overall it sounded better (whether it was me adjusting or actual break period that made it sound better, or both)...

Sponsored
OP
OP

omarpena86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost
You will eventually get used to it.
When I installed my mbrp RACE in my car I remember thinking "Omg what did I do!?" cuz I , too, at the time would drive highway to go to work and it was just weird.. I do believe there is a break in period, and after a while you will get used to it.

I love it in mine now. But, yes, when accelerating at a higher speed it can get a bit loud, though, not as loud that you cannot hear anything else. It is not loud enough to interfere with music listening or most conversations if I have a passenger.

If this is your first time with an exhaust, it will have more impact on you. It took me a few weeks to adjust and just overall it sounded better (whether it was me adjusting or actual break period that made it sound better, or both)...
Yea, I’m starting to hear it less, I think I’m getting used to it now lo , it’s sounds great!

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You could always pull the entire interior out of your car and Dynamat the entire floor pan.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
We would recommend something like our Street cat back system for a deep aggressive sound that isn't too loud for daily driving. It's relatively tame under idle and cruising conditions, but opens up nicely once you get on the throttle! You can find more info about it here on our website: https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=11223021

Feel free to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905 if you have any questions!

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
I have the MF Street and it does sound really good.
Sponsored