Sponsored

Exhaust gas pressure

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Noticed for a while now my car feels down on power quite a bit. I have the Roush axle back exhaust with a slight exhaust leak around the passenger clamp. I put my hand up to each tip with car idling and the passenger side has probably half the exhaust pressure as the driver.

Not sure if this little leak could cause that. I can't tighten the clamp as it looks like it's bottomed out and actually bent from the shop that did it. Before I invest in a full catback I was wondering if it's more serious of a problem like a clogged cat or engine related.
Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Noticed for a while now my car feels down on power quite a bit. I have the Roush axle back exhaust with a slight exhaust leak around the passenger clamp. I put my hand up to each tip with car idling and the passenger side has probably half the exhaust pressure as the driver.

Not sure if this little leak could cause that. I can't tighten the clamp as it looks like it's bottomed out and actually bent from the shop that did it. Before I invest in a full catback I was wondering if it's more serious of a problem like a clogged cat or engine related.
It would take a huge exhaust leak to drop pressure that much.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Sounds more serious than. No cels so dealership would be a waste of time. I would be lucky if I have 320 whp. Guess ill throw it on a dyno see what it's putting down, go from there. Stock btw.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Forget dyno. Check the compression in each cylinder.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Yea Ca so gotta have cats. I'll take it in see if the dealer will check the cats and do a compression test.
Sponsored