JECM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hello, everyone!

I have a real debate right now, currently I have this as my setup for my exhaust for my 2016 Mustang GT 5.0

JBA Long Tube Headers with Cat-delete, X-pipe and Flowmaster Outlaw Axel-back's, with 2-step. and tune

So, I recently bought some Borla Atak Axel-Back's (American Muscle), but don't know if this was a worthy upgrade or downgrade. I have the Outlaws for 5 and half years, and once I got my headers and cat delete last year they are loud (without tune) but the drone can get annoying when using the cruise control on a set speed. I also herd from people's opinions that the outlaws are more louder than the borlas. Because I am tempted to install them but if they are to my standers then I wasted 1k on these exhaust and can't return them. I do want the drone away which these will elimate that but would it cost sound? The only reason I want the borlas were the gargling, pops when shifting/downshifting but i'm sure I could get that if I just go straight pipe.

Need people's opinions on this.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I know someone with catless long tubes and a Borla Atak cat back and it's VERY loud. I don't think you will lose much sound going to the Atak from Outlaws. Losing the drone is a great benefit.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Borla is definitely an upgrade from Walmart mufflers šŸ˜‚ cannot understand the appeal to dronemasters whatsoever.

C0y0te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i have borla atak with LT & corsa double x pipe, even in quite mode it's too loud :angry:

Sponsored

Sponsored

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
Hello, everyone!

I have a real debate right now, currently I have this as my setup for my exhaust for my 2016 Mustang GT 5.0

JBA Long Tube Headers with Cat-delete, X-pipe and Flowmaster Outlaw Axel-back's, with 2-step. and tune

So, I recently bought some Borla Atak Axel-Back's (American Muscle), but don't know if this was a worthy upgrade or downgrade. I have the Outlaws for 5 and half years, and once I got my headers and cat delete last year they are loud (without tune) but the drone can get annoying when using the cruise control on a set speed. I also herd from people's opinions that the outlaws are more louder than the borlas. Because I am tempted to install them but if they are to my standers then I wasted 1k on these exhaust and can't return them. I do want the drone away which these will elimate that but would it cost sound? The only reason I want the borlas were the gargling, pops when shifting/downshifting but i'm sure I could get that if I just go straight pipe.

Need people's opinions on this.
Iā€™m running catless long tube headers with an x pipe and Borla Atak axle back. Ear deafening if youā€™re standing outside, but thereā€™s absolutely no drone. You wonā€™t regret it

OP
OP
JECM

JECM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Iā€™m running catless long tube headers with an x pipe and Borla Atak axle back. Ear deafening if youā€™re standing outside, but thereā€™s absolutely no drone. You wonā€™t regret it
Good luck, sir :fistbump:
One of the main reasons why I got the borla was for the crackle, pops burbles. Do you guys any issues achieving it without any tune?

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
One of the main reasons why I got the borla was for the crackle, pops burbles. Do you guys any issues achieving it without any tune?
I donā€™t think the type of muffler is going to affect that. The pops and crackles depend on how your car is running

C0y0te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I don't have any pops or crackles or any burble!