Sponsored

Exhaust Filter over limit service now - 2019 Mustang GT

Kenan1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hi

I've had this message come up without any other signs or prewarning. Anyone had this and know a long term solution?

I assume ford fitted a DPF style filter on our exhausts for 2018+ Mustangs.

I drove it on the motorway for 30min and used the deceleration technique to clear it for now but surely we can't keep doing that every week???

Car is still under warranty.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I cant offer assistance but I'm signing up for updates.

This is the first time I have come across this issue and I am interested in how it turns out for you - I wasn't aware that GPF's could be prone to similar issues / error messages as the diesel DPF's ... :frown:

Out of interest :

• Mileage ?
  • What kind of driving has your can been subject too (i.e. motorway cruiser v weekend blaster) ?
  • What fuel do you use (i.e. supermarket v branded super) ?
  • How much oil does your car burn ?

WD :like:

OP
OP

Kenan1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I cant offer assistance but I'm signing up for updates.

This is the first time I have come across this issue and I am interested in how it turns out for you - I wasn't aware that GPF's could be prone to similar issues / error messages as the diesel DPF's ... :frown:

Out of interest :

• Mileage ?
  • What kind of driving has your can been subject too (i.e. motorway cruiser v weekend blaster) ?
  • What fuel do you use (i.e. supermarket v branded super) ?
  • How much oil does your car burn ?

12k miles on the clock. Only bought it recently so not sure what it has been through but I'm using it in London (although I did a motorway run taking it back here) so that would explain it.

I've only filled it up with super unleaded (shell and Tesco) so far, but I suspect alot of Mustangs will have this problem at some point. There's many ford focus owners with the same issue 🙄

OP
OP

Kenan1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hhhhmmm, interesting :

https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/gasoli...it-reached-drive-to-clean-now-ford-gpf-filter

Long shot, but who is on your log book ?

1626698218514.png

I need to check but regardless it looks like manufacturers are following stupid emissions rules without considering the side effect of emissions from driving up and down the motorways like lunatics to fix their clogged filters! It is senseless, a lot of people buy petrol cars for short journeys so this will be a big problem in a few years time.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I need to check but regardless it looks like manufacturers are following stupid emissions rules without considering the side effect of emissions from driving up and down the motorways like lunatics to fix their clogged filters! It is senseless, a lot of people buy petrol cars for short journeys so this will be a big problem in a few years time.
GPF's are nothing like as problematic as DPF's as there is much less soot produced (mostly at startup) and everything runs much hotter. Most people will never know they had one in the entire life of the car.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
20210318_051744.jpg

This one?

Does the car have trouble starting?
Is it quieter than it should be?
Circumstantial signs of an obstructed CAT-OPF assembly, ime.

There are pressure sensors in the CAT-OPF assemblies. Could it be a failed/failing sensor?

If the car has been tuned, some tuners, mess with the purge cycle & can roast your CAT-OPF assembly.
Ime.

OP
OP

Kenan1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
20210318_051744.jpg

This one?

Does the car have trouble starting?
Is it quieter than it should be?
Circumstantial signs of an obstructed CAT-OPF assembly, ime.

There are pressure sensors in the CAT-OPF assemblies. Could it be a failed/failing sensor?

If the car has been tuned, some tuners, mess with the purge cycle & can roast your CAT-OPF assembly.
Ime.
Hasn't been tuned as far as I know, only bought the car a few weeks from a reputable dealer.

No trouble starting and it sounds like a very healthy V8, also performs very well full throttle.

I'm hoping it's just the filter getting clogged due to city driving.
Sponsored