Sponsored

Exhaust Clank? *now with video*

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
I Recently did a resonator delete, however the x pipe didn't quite line up properly with my passenger side muffler (probably bad cutting on my part) so when putting the exhaust back together i noticed the passenger side hanger was loose right behind the rear diff. This was because instead of the exhaust hanging, it more or less pushed up so the hanger really only stayed in place due to the bolt. Fast forward to now. I figured i'd deal with the noise because the x pipe was only a temporary install until i purchased a full catback. I ended up going with the mbrp street and since no cutting by me was required i figured the fit would be much better. I installed it today and as expected, the fit was top notch. i went through and made sure everything was tightened down using my impact, with the exception of some hard to reach bolts which required wrenches. Even the exhaust hangers were both actually hanging where as before the passenger side was just kinda floating. Upon starting the car and driving over a bump in the road the clunk was still there. It almost sounds like the exhaust is hitting something however i am at a loss as for what it might be hitting, as everything was securely tightened and there was ample clearance between the pipe and frame. If anyone has any suggestions i'll gladly take them. I will note that this noise wasn't present when i had the stock resonator in place and only seemed to occur afterwards.

Also, if anyone could tell me the best way to get the car up on 4 jackstands it would be greatly appreciated. it always freaks the shit out of me when lifting the car with the jack. it's just one of those things you see and you just question whether or not the car should be twisting like that.

i can try provide video of the noise. if anyone has any suggestions of how and where i could mount my gopro under the vehicle i can do that to record one.

kinda hard to hear in the video but noticeable if you listen closely.

thanks for the help,
Brant
Sponsored

Last edited: