Sponsored

Exclusive!! First look at the new Whipple 3.8L Gen 5 Whipple kit!!

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Whipple still claims 7-8 weeks but I'm at 3 months with no ETA yet. Someone from lethal ordered theirs on the 4th of July and got it a couple days ago. I'll probably never do business with Beefcake or Whipple ever again. I'm trying to be understanding but.. I have zero faith in any of them anymore.
If you paid with a CC, get your money back.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple still claims 7-8 weeks but I'm at 3 months with no ETA yet. Someone from lethal ordered theirs on the 4th of July and got it a couple of days ago. I'll probably never do business with Beefcake or Whipple ever again. I'm trying to be understanding but. I have zero faith in any of them anymore.
At 3 months plus, might as well put an order in for the new 4.0 version now, you'll take delivery by the summer of 2021...lol... I ordered a Procharger D1x from beefcake & the kit arrived at my tuners shop on the 4th week and that was with a backorder on the stage 2 intercooler, so don't blame beefcake.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your just gonna have to wait. My car is at my tuners shop for a 1000 hp 6r80 build. He told me 3 weeks at the most. I just started my 5 week of waiting.. sux but it has to get done..so I wait.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I guess the very first question should be: Does it fit under the stock hood. If yes, does it require lowering motor mounts?
Your just gonna have to wait. My car is at my tuners shop for a 1000 hp 6r80 build. He told me 3 weeks at the most. I just started my 5 week of waiting.. sux but it has to get done..so I wait.
Shops are a bit different. Everyone knows take whatever a shop tells you and multiply by 3. Vendors generally aren't as bad but it sucks being strung along. This covid bullshit has both legit and flimsy excuse usage. I feel like that's the new catch all excuse (even if it's not anything to do with covid). Just about every purchase site you click now has the covid disclaimer. I think some of the time it's true but I also think some of the time it's just top cover to give slow and shitty service

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
If you have a gen 5 kit and are interested in upgrading will you have to sell the kit you have or will there be a head unit swap option
It's a completely different kit so a head unit swap won't work. Your best bet would be to sell your complete 3.0L kit and replace it with a new complete 3.8L kit.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
3.8 wow, will that fit under a stock hood? Wonder what rwhp it will good for
It's about .375 taller than the 3.0L so the engine will need to be lowered a tad for it to clear the stock hood. Or you can run an aftermarket hood without having to lower the motor.

Hope that helps.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
I spoke with Whipple and they confirmed my order was put in on time with them and EVERYthing was good on Beefcakes end.

For the 3.8?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would be screwed if it wasn’t for the fact that my home is about 300 steps away from my job, so i walk to work. My mustang is the only car i have, So waiting for my trans build isn't as bad. But i must say waiting for a 250hp+ increase in power is quite different from waiting for a upgraded transmission..

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I guess the very first question should be: Does it fit under the stock hood. If yes, does it require lowering motor mounts?

Shops are a bit different. Everyone knows take whatever a shop tells you and multiply by 3. Vendors generally aren't as bad but it sucks being strung along. This covid bullshit has both legit and flimsy excuse usage. I feel like that's the new catch all excuse (even if it's not anything to do with covid). Just about every purchase site you click now has the covid disclaimer. I think some of the time it's true but I also think some of the time it's just top cover to give slow and shitty service
Good 'ole Covid.
USPS has lost my Ford Performance 3:55 diff. Ordered from AM.
UPS has lost the Pinion Flange
ordered from CJ Pony.
Both companies said they will send replacements. But both parts are back ordered.
At first they all used the Covid,shorthanded, blah blah blah. But since its been approx a month since shipping I told them to stop using that excuse. Now they have admitted both Diff and Pinion are lost and are under investigation.
Update: CJ has sent out a new Flange at no cost to me.

Sponsored

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Id imagine this 3.8 would be capable of 1400-1500+whp on a built engine 5.0-5.8. The 3.0 has made around 1300 in max effort combos already.

StentS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2020 MustangGT Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Let's hope this new one isn't plagued with the same issues as the 3.0. It was on my car less than a 1000 miles when I opted to have the opg's and cs done. This is what they found...

Whipple said it isn't the first time this has happened since they don't do the rotor coating in house.

Meanwhile we shipped the unit back to Whipple and it took Fedex 10 days to deliver it.

They got it last Friday. I have no idea when I will get it back meanwhile I am without my car.

First and Last Whipple for me.....

Did I mention that I had to pay shipping on a warrantied part? Only 300 bucks .......

w1.jpg
w2.jpg

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Well, I wouldn't say the 3.0 is "plagued" with issues. In fact this is the only head unit issue I've seen. But as with anything else, shit can happen. I would be pretty pissed too.

StentS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2020 MustangGT Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
According to Whipple it happens more than they would like .... Whipple Army on Facebook has all the posts back and forth with them direct ... Plagued may not have been the correct word but if it is a known problem with the maufacturer then it is certainly more than an isolated incident... and yes ... I am pissed .. had the Whipple for 3 weeks when it got noticed .... The scary part is if I hadn't taken it in to do the opg's and cs I wouldn't have known until it was too late.. Really curious as to how many others have this issue and don't know it because they haven't pulled it apart after the blower was installed...